The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

6400+ VR in MK8 in-so-far. Not at all impressive, but it's only goin' up so I must be gettin' better.

Also solo'd a Savage Jho 'cause I felt like it, and it got me wondering: can I solo G-rank Alatreon? Immediately took a crack at it and succeeded on the first attempt. 43 minutes 43 seconds. An absolutely pitiful time I'm sure, but 'ey, I did it with zero pre-planning and absolutely no practice. also got a skyswayer in rewards lawl

... I did cart once but that's only 'cause my cool drink ran out literally a millisecond after I took a hit.

I nullified the 100 blind penalty from the boots of blinding speed by making a resist magicka 100 for 1 second spell, which cost me about 70 gold. I then made an open lock 100 for 1 second spell and several spells which restore any damaged attributes, heal status effects, and allow me to water walk and levitate. I had forgotten how broken the game's magic system is. But very fun too.

Soon after I found myself an Indoril helm and shield from some named ordinator at Ghostgate, which I grabbed by activating telekinesis for 5 seconds while I crouched behind a pillar. Armor is more than double the power of the Orcish set I had up to now and easily one of the best in the game. Moreso when I'm only level 7. That's the beauty of the lack of level scaling. Oddly enough, none of surrounding ordinators made killing me their life goal when I talked to them while wearing the armor piece like they normally do. Maybe the overhaul removed that or I have to wear more pieces before that activates.

What's even the point of magic, if it doesn't break the established rules of the world?

Damn it, going to have to make that charcter now... had plans for a decked out argonian pirate, highly chaotic, highly evil.

Tamriel Rebuilt's oceans creep me out... I hear things when I jump ship and listen underwater... it's like... there's something there... always watching...

Copy ofMorrowind 2014-08-10 20-54-53-73.png

I must say, that is one fine-looking not-yet-nerevarine. I just got that ebony cuirass from a hideout while searching for a bounty in Sheogorad. Also maxed longsword skill. I did set blunt weapons as a minor skill, so that should help. It's just that I haven't used any blunt weapons the entire time, so I likely won't be able to kill anything without investing into trainers first. I guess I could go wandering into the ashlands and go kill some cliffracers to level it up.

Today I started ranked battles now that my doubles team is ready.
Lost twice due to flinch hax and won ten

There were some pretty weird teams, like a Surf Water Absorb team, a Trick Room team, a Shadow Tag team, and one that had 4 of my Pokémon.

I also learned that Arcanine is used a lot in Doubles on Ranked

Got a crazy 8 in second place again... only to be triple red shell'd at the finish line, but that's beside the point. Triple red shells in second place is bad enough, but a crazy 8 is just ridiculous lol.

I also learned that Arcanine is used a lot in Doubles on Ranked

Really? ... ... ... Really?

Going to meet with Dagoth Gares. NPC's keep warning me to be prepared, but I think I'll be fine as long as I keep a spare weapon if my mace isn't good enough.

Completed the Artisan's Hammer award, easily the most time-consuming objective in the entirety of MH3U... 'sides collecting every single weapon or armor, which is plain-ol' stupidity (or boredom).

Also completed my Vivillon set. My interest in that pursuit waned once I had only two patterns remaining, but luckily I received one via a charitable soul, motivatin' me to track down that last rare pattern (Icy Snow). w00t

Also also finally gettin' to finishin' offline MK8 stuff, but mirror mode can go die.

Finally getting back into D&D, dusting off my old vampiress Jack the Ripper character... life might get interesting again soon.

Welp, my game messed up while trying to get Dagoth Ur to walk during some ceremony in the heart chamber. Doesn't seem like I can fix that. Time to go back to Oblivion for now.

Found my DS Lite charger, so I'll be back t' Fire Emblem 12 soon. ♪ Perhaps I'll be able t' join the Robin-Lucina hype 'fore Smash 4's release.

After managin' to trounce G-rank Alatreon in one go, it got me thirsty for moar solo huntin', so I took to tryin' t' solo the superultrakarptastic Stygian Zinogre in the event quest Descent into Hades. The first try failed miserably via triple cart at the 40 minute mark, but that was expected. First hunt'a the day without a warm-up, was still sleepy. I was testin' the waters more than anythin'.

Attempt #2 however, was srs bsns. Practiced the quest in an actual huntin' party for two hunts and took all'a that knowledge I learned from it and put together a usable armor set (the one I was currently wearin' was not only quite average, it was also terrible for Stygian itself). Didn't cart even once, but I ended up timing out... don't believe it was right about slain either, as I got hit by way too much dragonblight. Pawsitively neutered my DPS after I ran outta cures for it. Maybe close, but not close enough for an early capture.

For attempt #3 I gave one'a my shakas a new mask and ditched the artillery cannon strategy... 'n tried harder. A lot harder. Tryhardmodeengaged-level harder. Took less risks and thanks to that conserved my dragonblight cures, allowin' me to succeed with just a minute 'n 50 seconds to spare. Did cart twice due to sheer stupidity on my part, but 'ey, I succeeded.

Next on my hitlist will be solo-ing the superultrakarpsometacular Ivory Lagi in the event quest Cruel King of the Sea. I've already done it duo with a 25~ minute time, so I've all-due confidence that I'll be able t' do it.

stop playing monster hunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSzCwFu1dYY

Solo haunted G-rank Jhenny Moron and her Hollowed-head subspecies. Engaged in some truly proper speed-runnin' tactics, double carting myself intentionally to activate Fortify. Did awful on regular Jhen, but Hallowed took a bit over 23 minutes. Not too shabby with a Greatsword, I reckon. Easiest hunt t' speed run though, since it takes no skill... only smarts 'n strategy. Though the same could be said for any bowgun speed runs.

Gonna go after event Ivory next. This time for realsies.

Back