The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

Played MvM last night just to get rid of my last 4 Tour of Duty tickiets. Tour 30 I finished so I'm on tour 31

Low tours get best loot confirmed, tour 2 got a Professional killstreak Sniper Rifle kit. I got jack ****.

My best win at mvm was way back during its launch, back when the gold bot weapons could net you a low-tier unusual. The hype and stuff really worked in my favor.

Using SkyRe. It seems to try to be a better vanilla experience rather than "hardcore" like Requiem. It's still quite challenging. Arrows hit hard, but are slow as heck to fire early on. Hammers and such like to one-shot me. I don't know if I'll be needing a shield. Would prefer using magic.

Beat the blood bear from EO4. Even with half its health gone from an earlier fight, its attacks are still devastating. Used an archer and rogue to paralyze/stun/bind it to keep its attacks from happening. Afterwards, turns out there is apparently a far worse monster in the lower floor. Surrounding by a couple of blood bears, no less. Goody. Funny how this game is a western rpg in every sense of the word. Well, aside from the party members being lolis.

"That’s right, Ulfric Stormcloak is actually Tiber Septim, a shape-shifting vampire!"

Best line I've heard in a while. Interesting NPC's is held in high regard for good reason.

Wish I had a PC that could run the newer TES games... then again, morrowind with enough mods lasts forever...

I've spent more time modding the game than actually playing it. Have about 230 plugins, and about 30 of those are unrecognized by the mod organizer, which I assume may be responsible for some random crashes outdoors.

Beat the 1st area boss in EO4. Survived right as I ran out of healing and status effect options. That archer was incredibly useful.

Need to stop pubbing in TF2, constantly stomping is getting boring even though my internet keeps things "interesting" for the most part. Learning to hate pyros, always hated pyros but still afterburn can be stupid at times. Only Status Ailment that's as bad is bleed and even that isn't as bad IMO.

Been on three consecutive trips within the last three weeks or somefin, haven't bothered with video games aside from Pokemon for that reason. I'll play more when I get back.

Got a shiny Zubat on the GTS for a Phanpy. When I checked it, it had all perfect IVs and was captured in a Master Ball, with a Careful nature and Inner Focus. It was transferred from Sinnoh. Obviously, this is almost certainly either a hack or a result of RNG, but I don't really care much.

82DF525A60FC63E9BBFDEA3872918D88498B2BA2

THIS IS HOW IT STARTS

I don't even have a cliff racer mod, so this is clearly a sign of the end of times.

Had another corrupted save that likely resulted from continuously modding my game. Autosave manager saved me from trouble. Or it may have been the culprit. I don't know. I'm really loving the elfx lighting. Dark areas are dark and light sources cause the nearby area to brighten. Much better than RLO.

Oh, so it was the autosave manager that was causing some of my crashing. What a shame. Spent a while cleaning everything and ended up with some nice physics plugins. The game now loads faster and looks better than ever before. Runs even better than Morrowind and Oblivion ever did, which I find really odd. But it's a welcome addition.

Playing as a necromancer. I expect Undeath will go well with that. It's a bit disheartening avoiding chest armor for robes and skills like archery and most destruction, but it's hella fun. I've got a Draugr Overlord that likes exploding stuff and even summons his own minions. Deadly Combat makes it so that I've got paper-thin defense, so my summons are a matter of life and death.

Also, I know I'm not the only one playing games and taking names.

Finally broke a thousand hours of playtime in MH3U (reckon at least 100 hours were spent idling, lookin' at my talismen).

Also got into bowguns. Heavy bowgun Pierce spam is OP, farming not-Alatreon elder dragons is now quick. Sadly I'm 800 hours late for that to matter much. Barely touched light bowguns, but their extra mobility, less frequent reloads and their ability to be dedicated support is more appealing than speed running monsters with raw DPS.

Tried the regular ol' bow as well, which has no reloads. Hurrah for that.

I've spent more time modding the game than actually playing it. Have about 230 plugins

Is that PC gaming in a nutshell?

I spent an hour getting mods for CiV
Then I spent the rest of the day conquering the world as Hitler with Nazi Giant Death Robots
Then I nuked the Third Reich

PC Gaming in a nutshell

I'm back to Morrowind again. I don't know what it is about that game that makes me come back to it. Trying out tamriel rebuilt, which adds nearly half the morrowind mainland to the game. Got several small additions too, like being able to start my own plantation, recruiting/training lower rank guild members or even going as far as siding with ol' Dagoth and supposedly becoming an ash vampire followed by crashing a floating landmass into Vivec. Should be fun.

Is that PC gaming in a nutshell?

More like Skyrim in a nutshell.

Back