what if you could make your own stages

JLU51396 said:
You think it's stupid Sonics in the game:wtf:?No offense, but If so, that is the dumbest ass bad remark I've heard SSBB:wtf:, What is wrong with Sonic being in the game:wtf:? Have fun enjoying Super smash Bros. Melee 2.0

Ahahah, yes, I've complained multiple times that I hate Sonic being in this game, if you wandered around the place a little harder, you'd see my jabs at him at almost every angle.

It's bad enough that I live in Europe, but flailing with the release date hurts my well being, and there wasn't very much of that there in the first place.

Too bad though, it all died when Sonic was announced. I had nothing against Sonic until he was announced on this game, sure, every title produced after Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was utter arse but they didn't bother me. That was before Nintega became buttbuddies and formed as one body, one very fat, middle aged man body - with impeccable speed. Yeah, that's not only total fire crotch when faced with iddy biddy stages that take oh so long to generate enough speed but, it's not even an attack.

Not only was it a stroke of genius to push out the pyromaniac with a bloody fantastic sword for a hedgehog but now the little fan children are squealing for Sonic's buddies to appear in the game.

Sonic himself doesn't even have any good attacks in his moveset. Don't know what his moveset is? Alright then, I'll sumn it up for you - Run - run - run - run - bounce - run - run - fall off the edge. You know in Melee when you just milked everyone's moves and had to be forced to play one of those Pikachu things and you'd double jump off the edge? Didn't anyone think that this was a bad idea? Like, at all?

"The original Sonic the Hedgehog game used only one button. I think its simple yet exhilarating play was its virtue."

Maybe I'll just kiss other competing console's brands as well. It's a fighting game, not, spin around on loops collecting rings for God knows what.

"Hop into a supersonic Spin Dash. If you charge it up just a bit, your speed will increase."

What the hell is the point of that? You call that an attack? Ah, so everyone's been hit in the face with reality now... That Sonic can't do anything and it won't bring joy to that six year old child you once were watching Sega fall into flames. This won't bring it back, nothing will. Now, Roy, yeah, he can be brought back. Think about it people.

Or I'll cut your brakes.

At least I can beat him up now, the only advantage.

I used to laugh at the people who would sit there on forums with over 4,000 posts shaking every day for Sonic to make an appearance in this game. I thought they were definitely wrong, this was beyond one of the most ridiculous moves I've seen Nintendo do. This will only boost sales. Why the hell should they care? It's not even a game any more, it's the red carpet of video game characters who all think they're wearing the same outfit. When Sonic was announced I ran downstairs screaming and naturally my mum thought there was some murderer hunting for me and almost had a heart attack, but then I screamed "SONIC'S IN BRAWL" and made my sister choke on a tablet, (but that was quite funny) that was the day when fanboyism and power leapt into Nintega's mind. This surprised me, not like a weird surprise when you turned Melee on and saw a dog nuturing some eggs but, just plain wrong surprising.

Now go away.

I took back what I said about the level editor (as you can see a few posts above), but I still think Sonic shouldn't be in brawl. I said he would barely have any moves, and guess what? All he can do is kick and roll (Nobody say anything about his springy thingy), and the only reason they put him in was because they saw money in doing so. There's still a large amount of sonic fans (to my surprise. To me he's been dead for... 10+ years?)

My guess: Miis come next. People have suggested it, and people have been against it (I'm for it, one of the few).

I don't want mii's

but it would be a good move, because it'd be like a million extra characters

because you can make so many people with mii's (Ex: Darth Vader)

Frogger said:
Ahahah, yes, I've complained multiple times that I hate Sonic being in this game, if you wandered around the place a little harder, you'd see my jabs at him at almost every angle.

It's bad enough that I live in Europe, but flailing with the release date hurts my well being, and there wasn't very much of that there in the first place.

Too bad though, it all died when Sonic was announced. I had nothing against Sonic until he was announced on this game, sure, every title produced after Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was utter arse but they didn't bother me. That was before Nintega became buttbuddies and formed as one body, one very fat, middle aged man body - with impeccable speed. Yeah, that's not only total fire crotch when faced with iddy biddy stages that take oh so long to generate enough speed but, it's not even an attack.

Not only was it a stroke of genius to push out the pyromaniac with a bloody fantastic sword for a hedgehog but now the little fan children are squealing for Sonic's buddies to appear in the game.

Sonic himself doesn't even have any good attacks in his moveset. Don't know what his moveset is? Alright then, I'll sumn it up for you - Run - run - run - run - bounce - run - run - fall off the edge. You know in Melee when you just milked everyone's moves and had to be forced to play one of those Pikachu things and you'd double jump off the edge? Didn't anyone think that this was a bad idea? Like, at all?

"The original Sonic the Hedgehog game used only one button. I think its simple yet exhilarating play was its virtue."

Maybe I'll just kiss other competing console's brands as well. It's a fighting game, not, spin around on loops collecting rings for God knows what.

"Hop into a supersonic Spin Dash. If you charge it up just a bit, your speed will increase."

What the hell is the point of that? You call that an attack? Ah, so everyone's been hit in the face with reality now... That Sonic can't do anything and it won't bring joy to that six year old child you once were watching Sega fall into flames. This won't bring it back, nothing will. Now, Roy, yeah, he can be brought back. Think about it people.

Or I'll cut your brakes.

I used to laugh at the people who would sit there on forums with over 4,000 posts shaking every day for Sonic to make an appearance in this game. I thought they were definitely wrong, this was beyond one of the most ridiculous moves I've seen Nintendo do. This will only boost sales. Why the hell should they care? It's not even a game any more, it's the red carpet of video game characters who all think they're wearing the same outfit. When Sonic was announced I ran downstairs screaming and naturally my mum thought there was some murderer hunting for me and almost had a heart attack, but then I screamed "SONIC'S IN BRAWL" and made my sister choke on a tablet, (but that was quite funny) that was the day when fanboyism and power leapt into Nintega's mind. This surprised me, not like a weird surprise when you turned Melee on and saw a dog nuturing some eggs but, just plain wrong surprising.

Now go away.

You haven't even played the game yet, and from the looks of it.. haven't even seen Sonic fight either (since he actually has real fighting moves). Plain and simple, if you don't like Sonic.. don't play as him. Him alone being in the game shouldn't be enough to break your interest in the title. Honestly, I don't see how it was a bad move by Nintendo to allow Sega/Sonic Team to put Mario's classic rival in the game. As stated before by another member on this forum, the concept of Super Smash Bros. is mainly "What If?"... and "Who could win between these classic icons?".. that obviously comes in with the whole Mario vs. Sonic deal. I wouldn't even be surprised if Nintendo allowed Bungie to put Master Chief in Brawl to fuel the debate of Master Chief vs. Samus Aran, especially since Bungie is Third Party now.

But, that's just your opinion and view towards it all, which I can understand. As for the whole stage creating, I see it as a great idea.. There's Smash players out there who I'm sure gets pretty bored and tired of playing on the same stage every time, and it just gets stale. The stage editor is there to just add more replayability to the game.. "Tired of the same old stage? Well, make your own this time." Much like Halo 3's "Map Editor" in multi-player mode...

I can tell Nintendo's doing their best to please all the fans of the series, in one form or another, with all of these extra features, but they obviously can't please everyone.

SantaClaws said:
I don't want mii's

but it would be a good move, because it'd be like a million extra characters

because you can make so many people with mii's (Ex: Darth Vader)

Now when you put miis in the game is when its not a fighting game, then its just mugen

i always thought nintendo watched every nintendo related forums for any ideas. and if they sounded too bad they would reject them. or if they sounded unlike the game. and if they added a drawing tool and mabye something to add moving objects (kind of like in power point where you put it on one side to another) and you could adjust the movement of it. also if you could mabye make a Adventure Mode kind of stage.

Frogger said:

Or I'll cut your brakes.

Now go away.

Umm... if you don't like it it's not like you have to use him, it's just an extra feature that some people will like, and he may be one of the best characters if he has som nice aerials... I'd have to say (by the looks of your opinions that you rely on specials) not everyone does, and speed is never a disadvantage...

In my opinion I don't really care that sonics in it. Nor would I care if he wasn't but I think ti's nice for sonic fans especially with all the original hype about him being in melee when that first came out

balrogs.pa said:
i always thought nintendo watched every nintendo related forums for any ideas. and if they sounded too bad they would reject them. or if they sounded unlike the game. and if they added a drawing tool and mabye something to add moving objects (kind of like in power point where you put it on one side to another) and you could adjust the movement of it. also if you could mabye make a Adventure Mode kind of stage.

It's quite likely that they read most of the threads that have lots of replies ect... I know I have read ideas on other threads for small games I was making, and I also know that If I ever am part of a project for a console game I would be looking at the peoples ideas and input. After all that's who the game is really for...

Last edited:
Okay, I don't plan on using Sonic, and talking about it over and over again is making my brain go numb.

^^After the playable demo at E4All, Sonic is expected to be low tier.

Paulpro said:
/

It's quite likely that they read most of the threads that have lots of replies ect... I know I have read ideas on other threads for small games I was making, and I also know that If I ever am part of a project for a console game I would be looking at the peoples ideas and input. After all that's who the game is really for...
ty for agreeing with my idea.

Back