What is longest period you've been grounded for, and how long?

...What's your penis got to do with anything?

back in the day, my dad would pretty much give curfews to my sisters. if they were to come home late, they would be grounded and sent to their room.

as for me, i can come home late whenever i want, leave home whenever i want, i NEVER get in trouble. my parents know i do drugs and they still won't do anything. . .. all because i'm a boy and they always say to me and my brothers "ehh. . they can take care of themselves"

boys in general get treated better in my family.

The drinking age in Australia is 18, so is the age to get into stripjoints and places alike, however, the legal sex age is only 16. I think its a bit stupid that you can give birth to baby yet not be able to drink alcohol. But over here the age limits stop no one really, i was drunk 2 weekends ago and im only 15.
Is the legal drinking age in the US 21?, wow. So once your 20 you still cant go out and have a few drinks with mates, that would be annoying.
I dont know who I side with between Napalm and LevesqueIsKing though :p.

When I was in middle school I was grounded for 3 months.....It sucked. This was back in the day before the internet so I had Nothing! I do however agree with the drinking age being 21 in the states. Kids that start drinking earlier in life seem to have a bigger problem with it latter in life.

I honestly think half of the danger issues of drinking in teenagers comes from hiding up the fact you've been drinking. You wouldn't get arrested if your parents let you drink in the house with friends. But because of the age, we have to sneak out and roam the streets because we don't have a safe haven to go to. A lot of the appeal from alcohol comes from it being the "naughty" thing to do. It makes you feel like a renegade. It's not like that for me, but I know plenty of kids who have that sort of immature mindset.

I think that if you are under 21 and reach a certain age between 16-18, the government should give you a test, like the DMV does for your learners, to get an Id that allows you to purchase alcohol. That could reduce the amount of stupid people that drink right?

Just throwing out ideas. sigh....

Well here in the UK (and most countries in the world outside the Middle East) it's already "less criminal". I think that all adults should have the right to drink what they please as long as they don't harm anyone else, and since 18 is the traditional age of adulthood, that's as good a minimum age limit for alcohol as any. Like Solanky said, don't punish all 18-21 year olds for the actions of a few idiots.
My peers drink if they want to drink, and have been for years. The "few idiots" that you believe are engaging in poor actions are, in reality, the vast majority of high-schoolers. None of my friends are eighteen yet, so unless you're suggesting it be reduced to 16, they're all criminals whether it's reduced to 18 or not.

Half the danger of burglarizing a house, Solanky, is getting caught. That's what happens when something's illegal.

My peers drink if they want to drink, and have been for years. The "few idiots" that you believe are engaging in poor actions are, in reality, the vast majority of high-schoolers. None of my friends are eighteen yet, so unless you're suggesting it be reduced to 16, they're all criminals whether it's reduced to 18 or not.

Half the danger of burglarizing a house, Solanky, is getting caught. That's what happens when something's illegal.
I can't say I'm really against drinking at 16- after all, I did it myself. And even if you could somehow magically get all underage people to stop drinking, it wouldn't matter- there'd still be irresponsible drinkers from twenty-somethings. What happens then, do you propose to increase the age limit even higher?

Ultimately my feeling on this issue is that an adult should be allowed to drink whatever they please, and since 18 years old is roughly about the time when a person becomes an adult, an 18 year old should be allowed to drink.

I suppose I don't think an eighteen year old is an adult. And 18-year-old is still very dependant on their parents. I don't consider myself to be an adult and I certainly don't consider many of my friends as being close to adulthood.

I suppose I don't think an eighteen year old is an adult. And 18-year-old is still very dependant on their parents. I don't consider myself to be an adult and I certainly don't consider many of my friends as being close to adulthood.
There are plenty of 18 year olds who move out of their parent's home to go to university (admittedly often on their parents' money, but the point is they can look after themselves) or join the army. If you're old enough to live away from home, you're old enough to handle some alcohol.

You have to admit, being 21 years old and not being able to drink is stupid. However if you change the drinking age to 18, its still not solving the problem. Kids are getting on the piss when there 15-16-17, theres no denying it. And you cant possibly think of changing the drinking age to 15.

If my mom were to let me chill in a room with some friends and case of beer, I would get into a fraction of the trouble if I had to sneak out at 12 at night and drink liqour because it did the job done quicker than sitting and drinking beer over a long span of time.

If so many high school kids are going to drink, why not let them under proper supervision?

Back