Which character are you best with?

]Zero Suit Samus is kinda what fox used to be, but idunno

...Brawl Fox is better than Zamus. >.>;;; Zamus is very beastly when used to her full potential though. She has a lot of techs. Her tether is very long and combined with her down B, if you predict the enemy getting gimped isn't that much of a problem(..unless it's meta knight that's gimping you, then there's a problem). And ofcourse, don't forget her two great stun moves, one of which is a projectile, the other of which can stage spike amazingly.

She has range and even speed, huge comboability and has projectiles to glide toss with and such at the start, which is a gigantic advantage against anyone not named Kirby, D3, or Wario. She also has two amazing spikes, when used right have amazing potential as well. She also has a good amount of approaches and spacers.

Problem is she's very hard to use, and the learning curve is very high. Her kill moves are lackluster, and are generally hard to land. You also need lightning fast reflexes to use her right, as well as a very good strategy. You need to learn her techs perfectly as well or she's indeed a crappy low tier-er, making her learning curve again, true and brutal.

hmmmmm well i have some pretty cool moves with sonic although i dont think wen i make em up coz there really random but im good with him,lucario,Link and Mario but im best with lucario altho my fav is sonic i like the faster characters but not captain falcon for some reason im alright with fox 2 i like link final smash but i dont use much no more

Yeah, I love Zamus. It's funny how I can do very well with Ike, but still fall back on a secondary such as Zamus if I need to. She's speedy and her range, both in attack and recovery, often surprises people. And the armour pieces and amazing ability to GToss give her a quick start in battles. In fact, the armour pieces do more damage than any of Zamus' standard attacks, and you can continuously toss them skyward and catch them again and again for armour that won't disappear.

I've been practicing with her a lot, and although I miss the raw strength of Ike, she makes up with it with her high jump (but ridiculously, annoyingly high short-hop) and tether, whose problems I can work around.

She's definitely a finesse character, though.

EDIT: Final Smashes? Don't worry too much about them. True tournaments won't use them, so there's no use judging a character based on their FS.

...Brawl Fox is better than Zamus. >.>;;; Zamus is very beastly when used to her full potential though. She has a lot of techs. Her tether is very long and combined with her down B, if you predict the enemy getting gimped isn't that much of a problem(..unless it's meta knight that's gimping you, then there's a problem). And ofcourse, don't forget her two great stun moves, one of which is a projectile, the other of which can stage spike amazingly.

She has range and even speed, huge comboability and has projectiles to glide toss with and such at the start, which is a gigantic advantage against anyone not named Kirby, D3, or Wario. She also has two amazing spikes, when used right have amazing potential as well. She also has a good amount of approaches and spacers.

Problem is she's very hard to use, and the learning curve is very high. Her kill moves are lackluster, and are generally hard to land. You also need lightning fast reflexes to use her right, as well as a very good strategy. You need to learn her techs perfectly as well or she's indeed a crappy low tier-er, making her learning curve again, true and brutal.
Wow, you're like the Smash Bros. genius or something. All I can come up with is one word, and you have about three paragraphs on the subject. XD

Genius is stretching my status in Brawl way too much. :lol: I may have a lot to say, but there are tons of people better than me that don't even say half that on subjects like that. :lol: Knowledge doesn't help in terms of skill unless applied on the battlefield itself, ..which I generally fail to do as I always go aggro with whomever I use. >.>; Self control in a fight is something I lack these days.

About Zamus.. I know I didn't mention her near-useless high as heck SHs, mainly because I can't stand them just like you, Ukemi. I'm fond of a lot of SH approaches and attacks, especially with my mains, Zamus' are almost useless for the purpose of approaches. I'd say her SHing is only helpful for using moves like her Side B to stop approaches or space. Who knows, I may be wrong though. Tall characters probably would get hit by a very quick SH N-air.

hmmmmm well, i have some pretty cool moves with sonic, although i dont think wen i make em up coz there really random, but im good with him,lucario,Link and Mario. [STRIKE]but[/STRIKE] im best with lucario, altho my fav is sonic, because i like the faster characters, but not captain falcon for some reason. im alright with fox, [STRIKE]2[/STRIKE] i like link's final smash but i dont use it much no more
Does it not occur to you to put at least one period? I can read that after I edited it... Too confusing to have a run-on sentence.

Does it not occur to you to put at least one period? I can read that after I edited it... Too confusing to have a run-on sentence.

Oh, for a second I thought you were pointing out a subliminal message.

I was going to say something, but I don't want to get a reputation as a Grammar Nazi. :p

SSBfreak: Zamus' SH is much to high to hit even tall characters with a Nair. The best I can do is simply SH and then Dair... even though I HATE her Dair like I hate paper-cuts, because it's basically a suicide if used anywhere off the stage. And the ending lag is horrible.

I find Zamus' only good Aerials are her Fair, and, for greater knockback and finishing power, Bair. Although it can be hard to line up a Bair, RARing can solve this.

This said, however, I still like to play Zamus' ground and grab game up quite a bit, and once your opponent starts hitting the high damages (for Zamus to kill, this has to be quite high: around 150%), take the battle to the air and Bair them to death.

If that fails, you can always abuse her beastly comboability. A good combo is to grab and then DThrow, following up with a Hyphen Dash UpS.

..Really? Her SH N-air wouldn't even hit DK or something? Hm.. It's been awhile since I've played, but I figured someone might get hit if they were the tallest, or close to it, of the game.. Ehh.

Her U-air is still good you know, she gets a few combos out of it, and combo or not she can often land two in a row on low damage %s, especially if they're heavy character.

At the same time, her ground game is all she really has to play by.. Her aerials rarely can be used off the bat as a quick approach or even defense/spacing, bar a few exceptions.

Zamus has a lot more options than a B-air kill, you know. Her F-air certainly has the power, and once you get used to using it it's very easy to land the second hit, I've seen tons of Zamus mainers land a kill with it. Her Side B is obviously a good kill if you're not spamming it, since it has both the range and power.

While it is hard to land spikes with her Up B and Down B, they're also possible. Stunning the enemy below a lipped stage(FD, Smashvile, etc.)with a D-smash then B-airing them to a stage spiked doom is a wonderful kill as well, although rare. Stages with low cielings(Corneria)make it possible to get a star KO with U-air as well.

Also, about her D-air.. It certainly isn't the best move, but it can come in handy. If you need a quick interupt or to suprise an enemy, you can use it, just very sparringly. I'm saying it's not a bad move, although it's not a good one either.. Average, really.

Forgot I actually posted here :lol:

Yh, I tried using Fox for a laugh, seeing how far I could go with an anti-high tier roster... Ike, Link and Sonic seem to work fine for me though... Maybe Fox just needs practice.
But I agree, he has had the crap nerfed out of him.

I main link. That simple really. I wouldn't say im a great link but i wouldn't say im bad either. Im just above average.

i go with wolf and fox all the way they are really fast and they can deal alot of damage fast but there smash ball move is kinda low its good if u know how to use it right but its easy to dodge to but all in all they are my favorite and my best oh also maybe lucas he is also one of my best.

Last edited:
Back