Your Top 5 Improvements you want to see on WiiChat for 2008

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
The general forum suggestions thread here has grown to epic proportions, with some exceelent ideas and suggestions for the forums.

Throughout January i'll be looking a lot closer over the thread and implementing some of the most requested/wanted changes to the forums.

To kickstart this it would be really helpful if you could give me your Top5 improvmements/suggestions/changes you'd like to see happen on WiiChat for 2008.

I've got a few up my sleeve that'll get rolled out soon, but in the meantime i'd love to hear what you guys really want.

Happy New Year :)

Wow, it's i0n.

1. More moderation around the clock. I feel we have one time frame that gets a lot of attention and then it just dies.

2. MAYBE a guitar hero section?

3. Larger signature sizes >_<

Yeah...obviously my number 1 was the only thing I dislike right now.

Edit: Perhaps a dark skin? Better news? Get rid of post counts in the whole lounge (Or at least introductions).

1) More Moderation (When brawl comes out, this place will be overrun)
2) More game Threads (Guitar Hero 3 ect.)
3) Nothing else because this site is perfect :lol:

1. reported posts sent to PM!!!!!!!!! this would be VERY helpful for us mods
2. post count removed from view! this will help reduce spam
3. a few new mods to help us out.
4. ability to ban from thread/post so us mods dont have to log into the modCP every time we need to ban
5. cant think of anything else ATM.

EDIT: for number 5... THE FRIEND CODE SYSTEM!!! wtf happened to that i0n?

Last edited:
1) More moderators (preferably one to controll each section)
2) Mod cleanup (only Trulen, Mitch2025, Prez, Syntax, and you are active so to the rest...well, you get it)
3) Updated gaming section (add Guitar Hero/Rock Band section, SMG, etc)
4)Maybe a new site skin?
5) MORE i0n POSTING!!! D:<

(No serious changes. A new skin and you being more active might excite the older members. New gaming sections would make some more people happy. The mod cleanup and addition to help keep everything under controll.)
:)

Last edited:
1. Ranks! (for like post count)
2. Guitar Hero 3 section
3. Debate section
4. Spam section (for like ranting and jokes)
5. More skins?

The changes I would like to see happen are these:

1. Moderation-
Past moderators that do not post or moderate here anymore should have their powers revoked. New moderation should also be added, i0n surely you saw the Moderation thread that was open a week or so ago. Many of the members made their suggestions about who should be etc., but more importantly most agreed that we need more of it, more moderation in 08!

2. News-
Again, in that Moderation thread, some suggested on WiiChat brining in new news again, perhaps getting a team of volunteers to write/report news or whatever. Even have the olds news cleaned up a bit, or lock them so new members can't come in and bump those anymore.

3. Reviews-
Hopefully we see those review sections in the works sometime this year :)

I only have 3..but they are a big three.

Last edited:
Hahaha, did Flip ever get his modship taken away?

Also, I'm all for that debate section. The limits would have to be worked out though.

If there were a debate section then there would NEED to be a mod or two to supervise it.

1. Reported posts sent to private message. And or a section which only moderators can see where the reported posts would be sent to. Thus making it easier to coordinate who has taken care of what.

2. Prez's idea for a moderator/member section where members can discuss bans and or other issues with the forum staff. Refer to the mod lounge for Prez's idea.

3. More moderator's. I have become quite busy over the past couple of weeks and I may get busier with college starting again. Therefore, the addition of some new mods would be greatly appreciated.

4. The ability for moderators to ban members from certain threads through inline moderation and the ability for moderators to change other users "user titles"

5. To be added later.. I have to leave for work.. shortly.

Cant you mods retreive a members PW?
If not then deffinately make that a suggestion.

Well in that case, I agree with Syntax, and although I am a little fond of the novel post count/rep, I agree that it is expendable.
There is no more rep whoring and overposting like there used to be though.

Tails McCloud~ said:
Well in that case, I agree with Syntax, and although I am a little fond of the novel post count/rep, I agree that it is expendable.
There is no more rep whoring and overposting like there used to be though.

Well the post count and rep's can get a little out o control like i saw we had a "rep me contest" where people would just constantly rep their freinds to increase their number of reps for no reason.
Plus the post count is a little nice feature but i dont think you should remove these because some people are fond of them.

Back