#1 problem with Wii

Why rush out online games when there is a shortage of the console anyway??

I think Nintendo will hang on to these killer online game titles and launch online play for x'mas to make a BIG profit for themselves.

Put it this way, I've had the console hooked up for about 3 hours (I just got it today), and it's been updating for almost 2 of them. Damn you Wii Connect! Damn you updates! The update is about 50% done, so only two more hours. Yay. :rolleyes:

The controls can sometimes feel clumsy also, like it's just not performing what I want, but I love my Wii. :yesnod:

ok, let me get this clear. NO GAME SYSTEM COMES WITH ONLINE FROM THE START. and if they did then id be surprised. because it takes awhile to make the systems good, and Super smash bros brawl is online. so we will have a good.... no not good, GREAT game for online.

The Wii is the funest console IMO but...

...graphics are the "weak" part for the Wii IMO. That means when crossover games are reviewed the Wii will always lose in the graphics department when compared to the 360 and PS3. The Wii can be kind of hard on the ol' eyes after playing some DirectX 10 titles on my PC or after watchin a BluRAY disc!

Free Wiily said:
...graphics are the "weak" part for the Wii IMO.
Do you rather Wii's have better graphics and retails for $400 to complete with XBOX?

If Nintendo had put better graphics on Wii, they would still be crushed by XBOX and PS3.

I am not going to say that the Wii is flawless, but there is nothing that really bothers me very much about it. Lack of online play maybe, but the lesser graphics don't bother me. And the games aren't necessarily "casual" as long as you play them hard. Like Wii Sports can be treated as a "hardcore" game if you try to do things like get all gold/platinum medals in training, get pro in every sport, become the boxing champ, etc.

The controller. It's cool till you have to hook on the Nunchuk, then it becomes gay. I like how most of the VC games can be used with just the Wii remote, and the remote is great for surfing the net and stuff. But for traditional video games, sometimes I wish I just had a regular controller.

Y'know, I can't make up my mind... I have three...
One, no online play right now and no achievements/gimics with the online play.
Two, graphics,
and three, the shortage of games. >.<
Don't get me wrong, it's a great console, but still... It's just... Right now, it's not doin' too good.
With no online play right now, I finish a game and have nothing more to do with it.
And the graphics, after looking at the beauty of the 360 and PS3, it's just... Not that great. Don't get me wrong, graphics aren't the most important thing, but... I found myself marveling over the environments on Oblivion. I would find a certain point in the game that would just leave me in awe from the beauty it portrays. On the Wii, you can't exactly go that far with it.
And... Well, the current shortage of games explains itself. We're left to wait WAY too long for SMG and SSBB. >.<

The graphics were a tiny bit of a let down but I knew that when I bought it so it isn't so bad. The fact that we have to wait for online play to be available, if it was in such a weak stage of development maybe it wasn't a good idea to release the Wii so early.

They had to release it when PS3 was released to be competitive. Or was it PS3's Idea to release at that time? I dunno, nevermind.

Adamquest64 said:
The controller. It's cool till you have to hook on the Nunchuk, then it becomes gay. I like how most of the VC games can be used with just the Wii remote, and the remote is great for surfing the net and stuff. But for traditional video games, sometimes I wish I just had a regular controller.
I understand where you're coming from but I disagree. The WiiMote is revolutionary and turning it on the side for things like driving makes it seem like a different controller all together. Personally i like using the nun-chuck, if the nunchuck didn't also have motion control that would be quite annoying, but since it does it's pretty cool. That's just my opinion though lol, I see what you mean though.

Back