#1 thing you want in the world

To be good enough to play for Manchester United. Or as good as Roger Federer.

manufan15 said:
To be good enough to play for Manchester United. Or as good as Roger Federer.
I like this guy.

What say we hi-jack the thread and start talking about tennis?

ssbb_lover said:
I like this guy.

What say we hi-jack the thread and start talking about tennis?

This post has been removed due to the misunderstanding of his post.

Last edited:
what was up with that last comment????? weird stuff...

Hm....I would also like a new pistol. My collection is badly in need of one.

manufan15 said:
Oohhh good one. It said #1 thing we want in the world and instead of talking about me feeling happy all over, I picked something decent. Do you even play sports? Or do you play video games all day?
I actually play over 15 hours of tennis a week and i'm in the top 150 in my state...

I hope you're not assuming i'm some fat kid who just stays on the computer all day...wow.

I WAS BEING SERIOUS WHEN I SAID LET'S TALK ABOUT TENNIS. Gawd.

ssbb_lover said:
I actually play over 15 hours of tennis a week and i'm in the top 150 in my state...

I hope you're not assuming i'm some fat kid who just stays on the computer all day...wow.

I don't really believe you, but whatever. I guess you are??? I'm glad you aren't fat. Really. Considering obesity is a problem these days.... Wait actually I do now i guess considering your job on your profile. Forget that^

Last edited:
I'm not even going to respond to you if you're going to start a flaming war. You're trying to make me look stupid when 1) I was being dead serious and 2) it never works...

ssbb_lover said:
I'm not even going to respond to you if you're going to start a flaming war. You're trying to make me look stupid when 1) I was being dead serious and 2) it never works...

No seriously I believe you. It was my mistake. I thought you were being sarcastic, but you weren't. I hate it when people make fun of tennis. The pros play in the intense heat for 3 hours!

manufan15 said:
No seriously I believe you. It was my mistake. I thought you were being sarcastic, but you weren't. I hate it when people make fun of tennis. The pros play in the intense heat for 3 hours!
The Australian, baby. The Australian.

People always say tennis is a sissy sport, and whether you like it or not, it's one of the hardest sports there is. It takes 100% constant mental focus, great physical condition, power (which goes with physical condition)...everything. You can't lack ANYTHING if you want to be good at this sport. In Football you can lack speed, they can just stick you on the front line and you just tackle the guy you're designated to tackle. In soccer you can lack upper body strength. You don't always have to have 100% mental focus in baseball when you're sitting in the dug-out. You have a little time to rest. I could go on but i'll stop.

But then the biggest thing to add is that in all those sports, you can get coaching! In tennis, if you get an ounce of coaching you're disqualified.

I think tennis is THE hardest sport.

ssbb_lover said:
The Australian, baby. The Australian.

People always say tennis is a sissy sport, and whether you like it or not, it's one of the hardest sports there is. It takes 100% constant mental focus, great physical condition, power (which goes with physical condition)...everything. You can't lack ANYTHING if you want to be good at this sport. In Football you can lack speed, they can just stick you on the front line and you just tackle the guy you're designated to tackle. In soccer you can lack upper body strength. You don't always have to have 100% mental focus in baseball when you're sitting in the dug-out. You have a little time to rest. I could go on but i'll stop.

But then the biggest thing to add is that in all those sports, you can get coaching! In tennis, if you get an ounce of coaching you're disqualified.

I think tennis is THE hardest sport.

Very, very true. Although I'm not that good a tennis, I'm still learning, but I love playing it. Tennis is also hard, because you can't always practice it in your backyard. I would love to have a tennis court in my backyard, but theres no room.

manufan15 said:
Very, very true. Although I'm not that good a tennis, I'm still learning, but I love playing it. Tennis is also hard, because you can't always practice it in your backyard. I would love to have a tennis court in my backyard, but theres no room.
That's another thing, all those other sports you can practice without needing another person there with you (and like you said, it's usually convenient). In tennis, all you can do is your serve, or rent a ball machine (eventually gets expensive...believe me ^_~). And both of those you have to go to a court to do.

Tennis is incredible though. Best sport alive. Soccer is 2nd.

Yea, who do you want to win the Wimbeldon? I saw Roddick today. Not one of his better games, but he lived.

manufan15 said:
Yea, who do you want to win the Wimbeldon? I saw Roddick today. Not one of his better games, but he lived.
Ya...

"Who would you want to win Wimby" and "Who's gonna win Wimby?" are 2 hugely different questions. :/

As an American and an admirer of the guys serve (c'mon, it's freaking fast), I say Roddick. Who's gonna win? Federer. He always wins, always will till he starts hitting 30 I presume. I hate him because he's so cocky...have you read some interviews on him? Gawd.

I have a tennis page in my Profile you know. :wink:

Back