A Wii for One?

Shantei

WiiChat Member
Dec 6, 2006
Would there be any point in buying a Wii if someone was just going to play it for themselves and not bother with anyone else? I kinda thought it'd be a bit silly, but what do you guys think?

Personally the only reason i bought a wii was for parties and when friends are round. If i was on my own i would buy a PS3 infact i'm gonna buy a PS£ as well due to the fact it in my view is a better console for not only single player but FPS and Sports titles and also an amazing online gaming experience.

Hope that helps.

Single player games such as Super Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Zack and Wiki ect. Plus the various online efforts such as Batallion Wars, Medal of Honour: Heroes 2, Mario Strikers and Guitar Hero. That sounds good enough for a purchase.

The Wii has some fine single player games. Check out Metroid Prime 3, Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario and Mario Galaxy for proof. In fact I hardly ever play with others on the Wii since Wii Sports got old.

Yeah I actually dont rate the party type games too highly

nearly all of my wii enjoyment has been single player and there will be plenty more excellent single player experiences to come for the wii (i hope !)

Excellent question. Well, the Wii is great for partys and playing multi-player will friends and family, but it is also a great single player console.

Think of all the great 1-player games out there from Metroid to Scarface and Super Paper Mario. There are tons of games made for the single-player and even more in the multi-player genre if you are willing to play those yourself.

Like take my case for example. I have a little brother that will occasionaly play a game or two with me, but I am the only real gamer in my household. So most of my games are situated towards the single-player and I have tons of them.

Just to throw my point across, the games that were made specifically for the single-player usually get better reveiw scores, than party and other multi-player games.

Mr. Devil said:
Excellent question. Well, the Wii is great for partys and playing multi-player will friends and family, but it is also a great single player console.

Think of all the great 1-player games out there from Metroid to Scarface and Super Paper Mario. There are tons of games made for the single-player and even more in the multi-player genre if you are willing to play those yourself.

Like take my case for example. I have a little brother that will occasionaly play a game or two with me, but I am the only real gamer in my household. So most of my games are situated towards the single-player and I have tons of them.

Just to throw my point across, the games that were made specifically for the single-player usually get better reveiw scores, than party and other multi-player games.

Nice! Think that covers most angles of the question.

Well put. Just to add a little something--- don't forget that Nintendo is slowly catching on to the whole 'online gameplay' thing. You can hop online with a title like Guitar Hero 3 and play online with others for hours!

I've played it on my own from the day I bought it.

never play wii with friends. im not into crappy mini games, i like games with a good one player mode.

although multiplayer is a blast, i play alone all the time. and once someone does a FPS right on wii (no offense to medal of honor 2) *glances at time splitters 4 and says a prayer* it'll be nothing short of revolutionary.

Back