Am I the only person who couldn't care less about no online play?

Cpt.McCloud said:
I've always thought of PC Gaming as a lot more expensive but recently I have been thinking.

Not really. Potentially, PC gaming is the cheapest.

Also, it can potentially cost absolutely nothing for games thanks to certain websites. :lol:

FRuMMaGe said:
Not really. Potentially, PC gaming is the cheapest.

Also, it can potentially cost absolutely nothing for games thanks to certain websites. :lol:

If you read my full post you will understand.

I always thought it was most expensive but recently I have been thinking

-insert the paragraph here-

Online is only good against friends or when u have a friend over and you're playing online.
If your playing a random person on Wii, than its like playing a computer controled oppenent with higher skill level, but this could be fixed if we had a headset.

CrowTRobot said:
Seriously.

The whole point of the Wii is to play with ACTUAL friends in your living room.

I tried playing Strikers online. People were either so bad that the final score was 36-0, or so good that I had no chance.

If there isn't another game made by Nintendo with online features, I'll be perfectly happy.

you and many other people is the reason why the wii is critized and made fun of. and your also the reason why the wii wont have great online. JACKASS!!!!

CrowTRobot said:
Am I the only person who couldn't care less about no online play?

I know this is off-topic, but I would like to applaud you for using this phrase correctly. Most people say "could care less" which implies that they actually do care to a certain degree.
:yesnod:

I will also applaud your MST3k name. (Did you know the bots are back in online animated form? http://www.mst3k.com)

Cpt.McCloud said:
They do have casual appeal no matter how hard you defend it.
They have casual appeal because they are familiar characters, but they aren't "party games."

Judging from your post count, you clearly like to spend more time interacting with digital people than real ones. If that works for you, fine.

As far as the pre-teen with bad grammar telling me that I'm the reason Wii doesn't have decent online play:

I've played videogames since 1987. I've owned every major system except PS3 and all different types of games. Because of my support for the industry, I am a reason the Wii, 360 and PS3 were made along with you and everyone else than loves and purchases videogames.

However, the Wii is the first system to me that doesn't start to feel like work after a while. It's always a pleasure to play, like videogames are supposed to be. They're meant to be a distraction, not some life-consuming addiction.

So am I not a hardcore gamer because I don't want to play strangers online? If yes, then fine. I'm not hardcore. But I have a lot more friends than friend codes. And I'm happy with that.

CrowTRobot said:
They have casual appeal because they are familiar characters, but they aren't "party games."

Judging from your post count, you clearly like to spend more time interacting with digital people than real ones. If that works for you, fine.

As far as the pre-teen with bad grammar telling me that I'm the reason Wii doesn't have decent online play:

I've played videogames since 1987. I've owned every major system except PS3 and all different types of games. Because of my support for the industry, I am a reason the Wii, 360 and PS3 were made along with you and everyone else than loves and purchases videogames.

However, the Wii is the first system to me that doesn't start to feel like work after a while. It's always a pleasure to play, like videogames are supposed to be. They're meant to be a distraction, not some life-consuming addiction.

So am I not a hardcore gamer because I don't want to play strangers online? If yes, then fine. I'm not hardcore. But I have a lot more friends than friend codes. And I'm happy with that.

AMEN!!!

Besides, what's wrong with being a casual gamer?

CrowTRobot said:

:wtf:

So if you have nearly 4'000 your automatically in this category no matter how long you've been here?

Nice judgement right there buddy.

I haven't actually yet stated if online or not matters to me so I'd prefer you don't judge me by that.

Casual doesn't have to be a party game.

Edit: I never said being casual was bad.

I told you... You really do have poor grammar, Jam.

Now, I think that online play is what people are looking for in a game, it takes competition to new sorts of levels. Sure, there's lots of people who disconnect but, c'mon, they're way better than all the "real" friends I have, even though I really don't have that many. In fact, my friends can't play games, I look for online play to play against them.

Also, I'd like to match up the skill of my online friends for kicks. Y'know if they were good at a game I'm going to trust their opinion on other aspects, and I'd associate them with genres, unless they're just good at everything. If you don't know my specialty in games then you just haven't seen me bragging all over this site yet... Hard thing to picture.

Okay, there's big headed losers like myself but if someone can shut me up then fair play, it's all harmless banter. The fun of competing against someone that isn't a computer is great, as computers always have a stuck level, and everyone knows the harder computers are always possible to defeat.

I've came across a few hackers, but much more disconnectors in games, and that's what really annoys me because they don't get into the spirit of the game. The whole idea of online play isn't flawed, it offers me a little variety and competition in my games, not monotonous agony facing off easy computers.

Oh just online play makes me view different aspects of my game, lets me get the full potential, you can always pick up a few hints and tips with it. Plus, the more you play them the more you improve, maybe those people who are actual impossible to beat are reachable if you warm up on some other players.

Neh, not much of a rant from me today, but I'm shooting blanks.

Frogger said:
I told you... You really do have poor grammar, Jam.

He called the one with naruto avatar the preteen with poor grammar.

However you are correct I do have poor grammar, I have poor ability in everything, I SUCK.

You happy, Emma?

Cpt.McCloud said:
He called the one with naruto avatar the preteen with poor grammar.

However you are correct I do have poor grammar, I have poor ability in everything, I SUCK.

You happy, Emma?

Actually it looks like he called you the one with poor grammar.

I havn't noticed though.

FRuMMaGe said:
Actually it looks like he called you the one with poor grammar.

I havn't noticed though.

That I suck at everything? Meh, you would of found out sooner or later.

He was talking about me then switched to this:

As far as the pre-teen with bad grammar telling me that I'm the reason Wii doesn't have decent online play

^^
If you read the thread you should of understood that to be honest.

Cpt.McCloud said:
That I suck at everything? Meh, you would of found out sooner or later.

He was talking about me then switched to this:

As far as the pre-teen with bad grammar telling me that I'm the reason Wii doesn't have decent online play

^^
If you read the thread you should of understood that to be honest.

Ah yes sorry, I was skimming. I didn't see the words "As far as the pre-teen...", indicating a switch in the target.

Cpt.McCloud said:
:wtf:

So if you have nearly 4'000 your automatically in this category no matter how long you've been here?

Nice judgement right there buddy.

I haven't actually yet stated if online or not matters to me so I'd prefer you don't judge me by that.

Casual doesn't have to be a party game.

Edit: I never said being casual was bad.

I hope you don't think I was pointing at you when I asked the question "what's wrong with being a casual gamer" I was just asking in general - it seems like people try hard to not be classified as a casual gamer.

Last edited:
I brisk over these things, I've been watching reality TV! But, c'mon, the you're/your rule isn't that hard to follow!

And everyone's good at something... ¬_¬

Back