Am I the only person who couldn't care less about no online play?

Cpt.McCloud said:
:wtf:

So if you have nearly 4'000 your automatically in this category no matter how long you've been here?

Nice judgement right there buddy.

I haven't actually yet stated if online or not matters to me so I'd prefer you don't judge me by that.

Casual doesn't have to be a party game.

Edit: I never said being casual was bad.
An average of 18 posts a day? That pretty excessive.

And seeing as how you have both your Wii friend code and username under your avatar, I'd say it's important to you.

Do I need to do any other detective work? Because I would say my job here is done.

And to the MST3K fan, I'm more excited about Joel's new project. I think the new cartoon is horrible.

Frogger said:
I brisk over these things, I've been watching reality TV! But, c'mon, the you're/your rule isn't that hard to follow!

----

And everyone's good at something... ¬_¬

It is the most common mistake so for now I will not focus on something that minuscule when 90% of this site wouldn't care or realize anyway.

----

Apart from me

----
@CrowT.
Sure, I have them there because it means so much to me considering I only have 5 wii friends at max and maybe I enjoy posting on forums and getting into discussions of one of my hobbies rather then going out hitting your grandmother and egging your house.

Last edited:
CrowTRobot said:
They have casual appeal because they are familiar characters, but they aren't "party games."

Judging from your post count, you clearly like to spend more time interacting with digital people than real ones. If that works for you, fine.

As far as the pre-teen with bad grammar telling me that I'm the reason Wii doesn't have decent online play:

I've played videogames since 1987. I've owned every major system except PS3 and all different types of games. Because of my support for the industry, I am a reason the Wii, 360 and PS3 were made along with you and everyone else than loves and purchases videogames.

However, the Wii is the first system to me that doesn't start to feel like work after a while. It's always a pleasure to play, like videogames are supposed to be. They're meant to be a distraction, not some life-consuming addiction.

So am I not a hardcore gamer because I don't want to play strangers online? If yes, then fine. I'm not hardcore. But I have a lot more friends than friend codes. And I'm happy with that.

I'm sorry, did you actually make this thread to laugh at those with no friends and let everyone know that you do have friends? well la-dee-freaking-da, because it seems so, you have been mentioning it. What does it even matter if we have friends or not? if you want a challenge that you can't get with your friends you just go online and play with the people that you can't beat. I think the real reason behind you not liking online games is because you can't compete with the average player. I couldn't care less if the games weren't online either. So what if you get called a "casual-gamer" by a 13 year old? you are what you think you are and that's final.

CrowTRobot said:
But I have a lot more friends than friend codes. And I'm happy with that.

I have more friends then friend codes from this site alone, I would name 5 right on the spot if you really want me to?

:rolleyes:

So please, get to know me before you assume I don't have a "life" or friends.

...Ugh... The internet is a way of life whether you like it or not, they're people you happen to know, who live far away. I don't see how they're ay different, online play is a brilliant idea.

it wouldnt bug me PERIOD is all video games ever made didnt come with online capability, its just a nice feature to have, and makes the game last a little longer.....its not going to ruin the game if it has no online

My first gaming system was PC (Played on BBS's FTW :yikes: ) and those are "online." Yes, I care about Online for Wii and advocate its progression. Not just to kill random people, but because it lengthens a games lifespan. Although I still hate the idea of Xbox Live (As a PC gamer I laugh at the "I paid to play a FPS 16-man online!") Wii needs to turn to more PC style online it worked for the PC players it can work for Wii.

So far all I have heard is Xbox is the top of multiplayer gaming - not true IMO. The PC gamers have a long tradition with sticking with a game no matter how old (yes some are abandoned), but I still play "AvP2" for the PC and their are servers still up for the picking (GO! GO! Dedicated Lifecycle/survivor servers). Thats the kind of Online I want for Wii.

{Axtlár} said:
I think the real reason behind you not liking online games is because you can't compete with the average player.
I've never really thought of videogames as competition before. That's what sports are for...or arm wrestling. You sound like the kind of person that would ruin a game of basketball by taking it WAY too seriously, elbowing everybody and calling touch fouls.

I think some of you need to take Nintendo's advice by putting the remote down in the kitchen table, open a window and take a break.

Online makes every game SO much better because it lasts longer, if MSC didnt have online I would have been done with it in 2 days. I pray for online in each game for the wii that comes out

CrowTRobot said:
I've never really thought of videogames as competition before. That's what sports are for...or arm wrestling. You sound like the kind of person that would ruin a game of basketball by taking it WAY too seriously, elbowing everybody and calling touch fouls.

I think some of you need to take Nintendo's advice by putting the remote down in the kitchen table, open a window and take a break.

I would take a basketball game seriously, yeah, but that doesn't imply that I would foul my way to victory. Yes I am very competitive in real life sports, unless of course, I'm playing with my friends who like goofing around.

Some games can be Super Special Awesome hardcore online. Lets take Kart Rider for example. Have you seen the violence on that?!?!?! People are littering the race tracks with bananas making people swerve put of control and potentially harm other people. You can fire frickin' rockets at other people blowing them up when instead why can't people just beep their horn and the car in front could give way for you to overtake. Not to trap them in balloons filled with water so they can drown and suffocate whilst suspended in air and you just drive past them. Where are the police in this game? SERIOUSLY! This game HAS to be rated R21 for violence that exceeds ManHunt 2. I've earnt roughly $8000 just driving at 60MP/H with 7 other players and coming first every single time! Where ma Saber C1 at?!

Back