Are you for or against using items in Smash Brothers?

Trulen

Isn't here as much
Oct 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Recently, I blew the dust off my wii and stuck in Smash Brothers (Melee of course.. ) and strung up a match. But it was against 4 level 1 computers will all items on. I had some fun.

Then I went to go face a level 9 computer to brush up on my skills. But the items were left on accidentally.

That added a whole field of gameplay. I had to doge incoming items and whatnot. Scizor is a mean son-of-a-gun! But I had a bit more fun playing with items than I did without. And it was harder.

So it got me thinking. I used to be one of those guys who said, "HAha. Losers. Items are only for goof-off matches. It takes skill to fight without them."

When in actuallity when I look at it, it just adds more dangers. More challenges. More stuff to watch out for. Because each item you have to learn how to defend against. Each item you have to learn how to wield effectively. Pretty much the only one that's a bit cheap is the "Togepi darkness" one. The comptuers see right through the darkness. That hard even with a level 1 computer!

So, are you one of those people that are for, or against items for serious matches. Not just goof-offs.

Against. Its true.
If they get a heart container at 300% then its not fair.
1P games with items are great though.
2P with you VS. the computer are great too.

For...they're fun to use..and last time I checked that was the point of the game..to have fun.

Plus nothing beats a well placed land mine.

against and with. i only put on items if i simply want to just have fun or play aroung or to just jack around. but i never use them in an serious match. so if its not a serious match, (as in the person im playing just challenged me and i want to prove that i can beat him) ill turn on all the items. playing without items means whoever wins the match is the best of the 3 and has the better skill, cause u simply have to use your character to win. so yea, if im just playing for the heck of it, ill play with the items

I usually leave all items on, but depending on which of my friends are over, we sometimes choose what items not to include etc. I also think it's less fun without the items.

People I play with think items are cheap kills, and they think thats the only way I can kill them, I dont think they are cheap, just imagine the game with no items its hard, and it wouldnt be as fun

I"m against..... I hate all items. LOL

The only time I turn them on is when my friends come over, i'll turn on beam sword or homerun bat just to screw around....

Edit: if you look at my stats, I haven't healed a character in the entire history of the game :/ weird.

THE FINAL SMASH looks awesome (different for each character), items usually are good and help you, i am for items. Bit of a pointless thread though.

Don't use items at all... If you want to use items, just choose Peach and throw those radishes at people =D Otherwise, against items, however I could care less whether people use them or not.

Back