Biggest Letdown and Favorite Thing about the Wii

Vertiginous said:
Favorite: Being able to play Wii Sports non-stop and still love it
Letdown: The fact that Red Steel really sucked a big one...I find it almost unplayable.
My origional impression was the same. But I was playing with a friend of mine and he really enjoyed it. I wanted to stop but I continued to play with him and after an hour or two I really warmed up to it. Once you take the game for what it is you appreciate it better. I rather Ubisoft flopped as far as control scheme than nintendo at the launch of Metroid. Its the first shooter on the system, its going to be a little shaky;)

yea i agree vagrant...

i remember i was so excited when i got mine, after playing it for a while..i came on here and saw all these people on here going, "ah, my cursor on the TV's all messed up" change the sensor bar option to where your sensor bar is , on top of your tv or below "nope checked that already, what do you think im stupid?"...five minutes later "oh, ok got it working".

it was just obnoxious with some people...

i think 'Yuu' thought vagrant was saying that in response to this thread, or directly saying it refering to the people in this thread, i dont think vagrant meant that.. i think he was, well idk wild guess... telling you his greatest letdown?

xpirate77 said:
i think 'Yuu' thought vagrant was saying that in response to this thread, or directly saying it refering to the people in this thread, i dont think vagrant meant that.. i think he was, well idk wild guess... telling you his greatest letdown?

vagrant, is this your virtual lawyer?

he plenty offers information..

and if im his virtual lawyer i better start gettin paid my virtual loads of cash

Favourite: Wii Sports. What a great pack-in game, it's a blast.

Let Down: The crippled online component, hopefully N gets their act together soon.

Favorite: Controls

Let Down: No surround sound capability, graphics as of now are worst than las-generation, and no online play.

Nintendo better get something going.

yarsmang said:
I get surround sound.....

Its not dolby digital, but Dolby Prologic II is 5.1

Oh man... here we go. Let me start by saying I am an audio engineer for a living and I have MIXED in 5.1 surround sound. No maatter what you encode something with, you can NOT get true surround sound out of a red (right channel) and white (left channel)... which is only 2 separate channels of audio. True consumer grade surround sound uses something called a toslink digital connector which digitsally transmits 6 separate channels of sound throgh one wire. Now THAT is true surround sound. What the Wii does is NOT true surround sound and quite frankly, at this point in time, that is quite unacceptable for a next-gen console.

yarsmang said:
LOL you go girl!

I hear stuff in front, and behind me...... better than stereo LOL

I agree toslink Dolby Digital should have been included.... and will need to be if they package a DVD player at any point... does'nt mean the games will support it though..

Hhaha :lol: All your hearing is a stereo image recreated on 4 more speakers. And yes, the new Wii they are releasing next year should have a toslink out if it's going to include a DVD player but like you said, I highly doubt that games will take advantage of the technology (and by technology I mean early 90's). Nintendo... moving things backwards.

yarsmang said:
HAHA i'm just trying to get him going again.... LOL hahaha he spammed my two posts with useless information...

Yeah I was griping about Nintendo and their lack of 480p cables available...... but it doesn't give him the right to come into my post and tell me to stop whining, he can blow me for that.... LOL

Plus he's from IOWA... haha

I "spammed" two of your threads? Meaning I made you look retarded turning your own stupid question against you? And I did supply genuine information, it just wasn't information you wanted to hear. If an idea is null, it's null. Simple as that.

And what does me living in Iowa have to do with anything? I lived in Berkeley, CA for a while also, and visit Manhattan monthly. So I don't really see what you are getting at.

I don't get why people troll on these forums and try to bash people. Why do you even need to read these 'ignorant' posts? just ignore them, it's the internet for christ sakes. nobody cares about your 'superiority' complex, and in fact you just look like an idiot to most people.

just ignore them, and maybe.. maybe your biggest letdown won't be from 'other' people's comments.

Back