Christians

awesome. another after midnight debate on god. heres a tip:
1) X out of wiichat
2) go outside
3) look up
4) Q:what do you see?

A: outter space/ the universe. NOT HEAVEN

(may have to do this in the daytime itll work better)

yeah but if it was, a space ship probly would have hit it way before now. and we would then know it was there.

People become part of a religion because of there parents or social background, but should they? a small child doesn't understand what it means to be part of a religious group, and they don't understand there difference between the two, and i personaly think that children under the age of 15 should not study religion at all! Why well they don't actually know what there looking at, they don't know there is another way, i was forced to go to church as a kid, and hated it, sooooo boring, and pointless, but now, i don't go, and i'm much happier :)

Now if a person is a Doctor, it doesn't mean there kid is also a doctor. 5year old kid "I'm a doctor, because my daddy is one" doesn't work does it, so how can a child be a christian at the age of 5.

anyway, if sunday is the day of rest, why the **** do i have to get up and go to church, god ain't there, he is resting at home with a beer watching the football!!!

(i idnt read all the posts once again :zzz: too many!) but anyways, i think any/most Christians will say this:if you are in a debate with an atheist, and he doesnt believe the Bible is true, there is no way to debate. the Bible is in no way scientifically bound so it cannot be scientifically proven. however, imo, Evolution in no way can be proven if you are not biased from the start (as most atheist/christians/catholics etc. are) the theories that i have heard of atheism seem extremely easy to discredit..

ie-in what SPACE did the big bang occur? were was the GAS FORMED? brb got to go to school :p

dude shut up. how can you say evolution can not be scientifically proven. when it allready has. if it wasnt proven, then why are this christians with a stick up their ass killing themselves over it being in the text books. pretty much all you religious ****s are one big legal version of The Family. anything any other older religious person tells you you will believe. take a break from the brainwashing and get your own view on the world and stop reading out of a book the've mass produced for centuries and they still cant get the spelling right.

Solard said:
(i idnt read all the posts once again :zzz: too many!) but anyways, i think any/most Christians will say this:if you are in a debate with an atheist, and he doesnt believe the Bible is true, there is no way to debate. the Bible is in no way scientifically bound so it cannot be scientifically proven. however, imo, Evolution in no way can be proven if you are not biased from the start (as most atheist/christians/catholics etc. are) the theories that i have heard of atheism seem extremely easy to discredit..

ie-in what SPACE did the big bang occur? were was the GAS FORMED? brb got to go to school :p
The proccess of Evolution has been proven, and er can't be disproven.. and where did the gas come from.. hmm a question i, nor anyone else can answer, therefore there must be a god!! :O how silly.

Solard said:

The big bang didn't occur in any space, it created space. Before that, there was no space, and no time. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "the gas", but everything in the universe would have formed after the big bang.

Admittedly we still don't know the exact cause of the big bang. However, here is pretty good evidence that it did actually happen, especially the cosmic microwave background (which seems to be leftover radiation from the big bang).

As for evolution, admittedly I don't know as much on the subject as astrophysics, but fossil records seem to provide pretty good evidence- for example, we can't find any homo sapiens (our species) remains that are older than about a few thousand years old, but we can find the remains of, say, homo erectus, a creature that looked rather like a human, and date them to times before our species existed. Further back in time you get another similar creature, and so on.

I have my own little theory of why so many people believe there is a God. I for one do not believe in God, but anywho I'll carry on with my theory. Well you know how parents created the Easter Bunny, Santa and the Tooth Fairy for people to be "good" otherwise they'll get no chocolate/presents/money. Well why not the same for God? I mean kids would get scared of going to hell and thats where the 10 commandments come in. For kids to obey and be good! People created this little myth on its own and it got way out of control and the parents forgot to tell their children that there is No real God.

Moral of the story - God was created by a myth been taken to far.

Icetrash said:
I have my own little theory of why so many people believe there is a God. I for one do not believe in God, but anywho I'll carry on with my theory. Well you know how parents created the Easter Bunny, Santa and the Tooth Fairy for people to be "good" otherwise they'll get no chocolate/presents/money. Well why not the same for God? I mean kids would get scared of going to hell and thats where the 10 commandments come in. For kids to obey and be good! People created this little myth on its own and it got way out of control and the parents forgot to tell their children that there is No real God.

even IF god isnt real, (and im neutral) that theory is definitly not correct.

Icetrash said:

I believe a more resinable statement/theory, is that it was brought in to be an answer to questions that no one knew the answer to, such as how did we get here, oh god brought us here, people prefer to know an answer, that to not know an answer.

Gaz said:
I believe a more resinable statement/theory, is that it was brought in to be an answer to questions that no one knew the answer to, such as how did we get here, oh god brought us here, people prefer to know an answer, that to not know an answer.

People are not willing to realize the fact that "civilization" is what made us who we are today. Religion is a "man made interperetation of the laws and meanings of our universe"

I trust no text that is written by man because it is always going to be subject to some sort of bias, no matter WHO writes it.

If the contents of a text are capable of moving you, or perhaps even changing the perspective in which you view your life and other things, one still must realize that it is a MAN MADE piece of text. Learn from everything you can, and take the words of such religions for knowledge. There is nothing wrong with the teachings of christ. His teachings them selves are very realistic principles that can be applied to every day life. However, the fact that these principles exist is not because the Almight "god" truned himself into a burning bush and hand out some stone tablets with rules on them. that is the only real point I am trying to make.

I am a satanist with no one personal god. I dont "worship" the devil, nor do I believe in such a diety. The satanist philosophy is the one that makes the most logical sense to me, So I follow it. A belief should be able to elp bring order to one's life. However, a belief should never RULE your life.

Back