Confirmed: No Online for Metroid Prime 3

Warrior said:
i agree with wiiman. im dissapointed.

Then apparently you are oblivious to the fact that wii's are still selling out everywhere. And are sure to do so at least through this years christmas.

vagrant said:
Then apparently you are oblivious to the fact that wii's are still selling out everywhere. And are sure to do so at least through this years christmas.
i dont care about sales i care about what gives me the best possible experince

kevbomac05 said:

If you're going to cry over no multiplayer, you're not a Metroid Prime fan. I'm no longer against it but it still shouldn't matter, Prime's been great so far relying on its single player. No multiplayer isn't going to make it crash and burn.

kevbomac05 said:

I completely agree with you. I want the best possible experience too, which is also what Retro is trying to do too.

Metroid Prime has always been about the single player campaign and Retro is trying to make it as kick ass as possible.

Though I do hope some company does step up to the plate to make an amazing multiplayer FPS which I am almost a 100% sure will happen for the Wii seeing how good the install base is and will be.

Keep in mind Retro does have LIMITED resources. Meaning that if they focused time and money on a shitty online multiplayer (and no don't bring up how they just have to take mp2 mp and put it online because it completely blew ass) it would away from the campaign which IS Metroid.

vagrant said:
Keep in mind Retro does have LIMITED resources. Meaning that if they focused time and money on a shitty online multiplayer (and no don't bring up how they just have to take mp2 mp and put it online because it completely blew ass) it would away from the campaign which IS Metroid.

The campaign was finished a long time ago. What you got in the past 10 months was 'bloom lighting'. Yippee.

However, Nintendo does not have limited resources (relatively speaking). They have a lot of 2nd parties (NST, for example) that they could task to take on the multiplayer mode. Retro had already built the world, NST would only have needed to add the connectivity and make the modes worth playing. The lack thereof was a choice not a necessity.

Wiinter said:
The campaign was finished a long time ago. What you got in the past 10 months was 'bloom lighting'. Yippee.

However, Nintendo does not have limited resources (relatively speaking). They have a lot of 2nd parties (NST, for example) that they could task to take on the multiplayer mode. Retro had already built the world, NST would only have needed to add the connectivity and make the modes worth playing. The lack thereof was a choice not a necessity.

Which still would have resulted in spending money on a shitty online multiplayer that people would rarely play to the point that you would never be able to find a match.

Maybe they should ship Corruption with a box of tissues.

MetroidFan said:
If you're going to cry over no multiplayer, you're not a Metroid Prime fan. I'm no longer against it but it still shouldn't matter, Prime's been great so far relying on its single player. No multiplayer isn't going to make it crash and burn.
i never even said anything about multiplayer im just talking about nintendo in general

Back