Countdown to the FULL Internet channel!

Yes thats ALL true. As soon as its available you can download it for FREE. However we have some dumbasses who continue to insist that its going to cost an arm and leg to have Internet on your Wii. They'll b*tch and moan about a paltry $5.00 that isn't even comparable to XBox Live Gold Membership. People really need to get smart and be grateful to Nintendo

Having said all that I'm not getting too excited about the Internet Channel since there are no keyboards available for it yet, its impossible to type a password in w/o anyone else seeing it, and I already have Internet on my computer. To be honest I find the current version to be slow, frustrating, and boring. Hopefully the new one will look a lot cooler, be easier to move around in, and just overall better. I find myself using the News and Forecast Channel more than I do the Internet.

Ok here goes. This is from the opera site (the company who develops the internet channel).

'Nintendo is currently offering a free trial of Opera for Wii which is now available for download. The release of the final version of the Opera browser for Wii is currently scheduled for late March 2007. Opera for Wii will remain a free download until June 30, 2007. After June 30, Opera will be available for download from the Wii Shop Channel for 500 Wii points. Users who download Opera before June 30, 2007, can continue to use the browser at no cost for the lifetime of the Wii system'
Here is the link to the full press release .http://www.opera.com/pressreleases/en/2006/12/22/

Obviously, by reading. This is old as it says 'it is scheduled for release on march 2007'.
Hope this helps !

If it is $5.00 in the us then the UK are getting charged more i think either way thats preety cheap for the internet if you compare it to xbox live good point.
Yeah for internet i use my computor but if i want to go to youtube or something like that then i would use my wii. I use the forecast channel a bit but i havn't really used the news channel i've only been on once to see what it was like.

Hmm, I hope the full internet channel gets released soon and not at the end of the month , Maybe they could release it on easter sunday or monday? as a surprise? As they released the 'everybody votes' channel on valentines day in february.. I just want it so bad because i dont have a computer in my room!
:nonod:

lee.jarratt said:
Hmm, I hope the full internet channel gets released soon and not at the end of the month , Maybe they could release it on easter sunday or monday? as a surprise? As they released the 'everybody votes' channel on valentines day in february.. I just want it so bad because i dont have a computer in my room!
:nonod:

I have a comp in my room but i find it much more comfy to just lay on my bed browsing the internet. Rather than in my uncomfertable comp chair.
Come on ninty hurry up and bloody give it us! :cornut:

Lii said:
I have a comp in my room but i find it much more comfy to just lay on my bed browsing the internet. Rather than in my uncomfertable comp chair.
Come on ninty hurry up and bloody give it us! :cornut:

I damn well agree! ( sorry, feeling in a political mood at the moment :thumbsup: )

Do people really use this feature often? I've got my Wii set up four feet from my desktop. Web browsing is a neat feature, but it's FAR too slow and clunky to use my Wii over my PC.

Xanthous said:
Do people really use this feature often? I've got my Wii set up four feet from my desktop. Web browsing is a neat feature, but it's FAR too slow and clunky to use my Wii over my PC.

I use it nearly everynight. Whenever i start to get tired i go to bed and just browse internet on wii and then switch off and go to sleep.

I've heard a couple of people on here comparing the Wii internet channel to XBox Live, saying "atleast its cheaper than Live." These two things are nowhere in comparison. One of them is an internet browser with no online play, and the other is complete online play, downloadable demos, etc etc.

I'm just saying that I'm going to be way more excited for Wii to get online play rather than just a browser.

(One last thing, I could spend hours spinning the globe on the weather channel. Hours.)

I cant wait for it to come out, I hope its got the latest Flash and Java if it does it will be perfect I really want to watch sites like Gametrailers in my room

strommsarnac said:
I have mixed feelings. Mostly, the full version will cost money. Yea, it's only ?$5.00?, but I have 11 PCs in my house (I'm a MCSE consultant and MCT). So it's not like I can't get on the net when I want to. It's much easier for me to simply reach over to my laptop and open it up and get on that way then to grab the wiimote, TV remote, switch my AV system to the Wii and my TV too, then wait for the Wii to boot and load up the browser.

I think the worst part of the Wii's browser is NO USB KEYBOARD!!!!. I've just typed all the above in about 30 seconds. I'm a quick typist. I can't imagine writing this msg with the pointer.

I'd much prefer that they launch online gaming support before the internet browser. I can browse from lots of places, I can't play Wii online at all.

JMHO.

The online feature wont cost anything? its free. And can someone remind me of all the new things the full internet version will have? thanks.

bad news

JerrodDRagon said:
I cant wait for it to come out, I hope its got the latest Flash and Java if it does it will be perfect I really want to watch sites like Gametrailers in my room

Bad news for us all , The same version of flash (flash 7) will be in the full version (not flash 9).
'It seems that Flash 7 is the latest version available for licensing from Adobe. This means no Flash 9 for platforms not directly supported by Adobe.' This quote was take from the opera wii feedback forum.

Here is the link - http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=171703

I'm browsing on my Wii right. I just got up and didn't wanna go sit in my uncomfy computer chair and sit up. I can lay in my comfy bed.

Sometimes I like surfing the web while playing. EX. when playing oblivion on my comp if I need help with a quest I can just go to oblivion wiki on my wii.

I'm really excited for the full internet channel.

Last edited:
ottoman said:
The online feature wont cost anything? its free. And can someone remind me of all the new things the full internet version will have? thanks.

For all the answers about the full version, hop onto this official nintendo link - http://us.wii.com/story_internet.jsp

Back