DamnI hate my Wii, How about you?Mad owners post here...

_Whats with the underscores?
_And I'm with you 100%, do what feels right for u eh man.
_I'd only get a PS3 for GT4 (seems you like it too), I'd really prefer a 360 otherwise
_Hang with the Wii though, cos its mad fun after playing some 'hardcore' games (COD4, World in Conflict etc)
_ _ _ man theyre kinda catchy

Dissapointed ex- Wii owner reporting in.

Sold my wii about 3 weeks ago and bought a 360, bioshock, cod4, and gh3

I couldnt be happier!

One thing the Wii has is good resale value. You can buy it, try it out, and if you don't like it you can sell it for just about what you paid for it. Good luck doing that with a 360! If you buy a 360, try it, and decide that you should have bought a Wii, you'll lose quite a bit when you sell the 360.

I have to say, though, that I don't understand why somebody would be mad at their Wii because it wasn't the right console for them. Do your homework, choose the console that seems to be best for what you want, and if you choose wrong or your needs change, then buy another one.

KTIGZ said:
I'm not. I would be more happy if they had more adventure, more violent games and that just isn't what the Wii was meant for. It was meant for more family-ish stuff so now i gotta deal with the Wii so I'm try to do my best with it for now.

If you're looking for an adult game go and get No More Heroes, which supposedly rocks. Personally I'm sick of every game being dark, that's pretty much why I bought a Wii.

All consoles have way more appeal opposed to when you actually have the console.
I saw the 360 and its games and had the same feelings about the Wii. "Did I buy the right console... the 360 is amazing..." I got it for Christmas and I play my Wii more now.
The 360 is still great, but no where near the way I imagined it, and it never will be.

You'll probably regret selling your Wii if you do.

Thats another thing, the 360's controller still feels ancient after playing a Wii. It looks nice, very nice in fact, but it still feels like a dinasour.

I find the Wii to be more communal than other systems. While the power houses (360 and ps3) emphasize one player on one console, but have the ability to play multiplayer, the Wii emphasizes playing in groups in one place.

i was like u at first, so i gave it a chance and i love it, twilight princess mp3 are awsome, i buy cheap gc games and play them, i buy old vc games and my dad tells me wat to do(mostly when i play nes games) its a great experience, give ur wii a chance, by a 360 if u feel like ur missing out

i take it your one of those ppl who has to actually work and buy things themselves and got the wii because it was cheapest, thats what i did atleast, i want a ps3 so badly tho.

I'm not happy with my Wii, right now, at least... It keeps having disc errors and I might have to send it in, and it's right before Brawl, too! :sad::sad::sad:

EDIT: W00t I have exactly 500 posts

360 is the worst console in terms of quality. Every person I've known including me has had their 360 break down in a year and a half. I had it well ventilated and barely played it and it still broke down. She purrs like a lawn mower as well 8 ). I guess its a legitimate scam: by selling a bare minimum product and locking people into a 3 year free warante, it ensures that the customer will always be a customer.

For example, lets say the hd-dvd didn't die out and I had one. Say I bought a ton of hd-dvd movies for it as well. All of a sudden it breaks down: what will be my next move? Well likely I would go buy another hd-dvd player because I've invested a lot into it (the hd-dvd movies). The same thing can be said about the xbox 360. I've invested so much in it that I wouldn't even consider buying a PS3.

What planet have you been living on? Of course the other systems have their kick-ass qualities, but unless you just crawled out from under a rock, you shoud also know that the Wii has some kick-ass qualities that the others DONT have, liiiiiiike:
huh?
Motion controls
the fascination wears off quick and some games are very clunky
Built-in WIFI
my ps3 has built in wi-fi
Excellent first-party games like SSBB, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: TP
galaxy was ok, i liked super paper mario better, not into SSBB, metroid was average and zelda was ok.

A virtual console for an endlessly growing library of past hits
i dont want to pay money to play games i played 10-20 years ago.
True and total backward compatibility, as it plays ALL Gamecube games
woopdi freaking do!! the gamecube sucked.
An internet browser
Ps3's is better but i have a computer for that.
Cool internet features like News, Weather, CheckMiiOut, Everybody votes etc..
give me a break, this is pointless stuff.
And a significantly lower price than the other consoles...
wow you made one good point. congrats.

i own a wii and i am kind of frustarated about this because i think Nintendo got ahead of themselves and released the wii way too soon. I think they should have put more work into the wii like better graphics and gameplay. i think that if Nintendo would of posponded their launch until the following year, they could of sold us a much better product. The lack of graphics or diffrence from the xbox360 or Ps3, is because they rushed the release of it.

I wish i would have gotten an xbox360 instead of the wii. the wii has a good concept but just doesnt have the time and effort put into it. If it haad more time and effort into put into it, then it would blow away all competators.

Earthworm Jim said:
Cool internet features like News, Weather, CheckMiiOut, Everybody votes etc..
give me a break, this is pointless stuff.
Just read that part and felt I had to object. I use it almost every morning, the news at least, when eating my breakfast before I go off to class : )
Not pointless, may not be used by many but serves a purpose, and for that it gets points in my book.

Edit:
Ooh transform8 My dad does that too. To Super Mario Bros at least. He's like "jump here!, no here.. nevermind just go" He's such a noob x3 but he does remember some hidden stuff : )

Last edited:
I've had the 360 for a while and just got a Wii yesterday. I'm pretty impressed with it. I don't think I have gotten used to the motion controls (Wii sports). I played some Mario Galaxy and thought it was very fun from what I've played so far. It's exactly what I expected + a bit more. I had no idea it had built-in Wi-Fi!

It's a different type of console. I missed not being able to play Nintendo games and it's nice to have a console my girlfriend and I can play - which she also enjoys very much.

It's nice to have a web browser - especially if I'm on the computer and my GF wants to get on the internet.

Back