DamnI hate my Wii, How about you?Mad owners post here...

Douten said:
Just read that part and felt I had to object. I use it almost every morning, the news at least, when eating my breakfast before I go off to class : )
Not pointless, may not be used by many but serves a purpose, and for that it gets points in my book.

id say your in the minority.

twobadfish said:
I've had the 360 for a while and just got a Wii yesterday. I'm pretty impressed with it. I don't think I have gotten used to the motion controls (Wii sports). I played some Mario Galaxy and thought it was very fun from what I've played so far. It's exactly what I expected + a bit more. I had no idea it had built-in Wi-Fi!

It's a different type of console. I missed not being able to play Nintendo games and it's nice to have a console my girlfriend and I can play - which she also enjoys very much.

It's nice to have a web browser - especially if I'm on the computer and my GF wants to get on the internet.

Never knew 360 DIDNT have a web-browser.
Enjoy your Wii, you have bought it at the right time, when the good stuff is about to be rolled out.

Earthworm Jim said:
That's even better. To know that Big N cares about the minority, and not just those who will make them the most cash, broadening their audience : )
I do think not much people use News Channel, yes, but it is not pointless like you make it sound. Sure it has its bad side but over all it's a good feature :yesnod:
I keep up with what Google does x3

my i had a ps3 before i got a wii, my ps3 is my baby , i have been a sony fanboy for years , so its in my room hooked up to my computer monitor , now my wii is in the living room hooked up to a regular tv , but its mostly for parties and all since i really dont have many two or more player games for my ps3 , but each system has their strength and weakness.

Transfixed said:
So...
What you're trying to say is that you had no idea that the other systems had better graphics, or that the 360 has a robust online system, or that the Wii doesn't yet have many FPS's?

What planet have you been living on? Of course the other systems have their kick-ass qualities, but unless you just crawled out from under a rock, you shoud also know that the Wii has some kick-ass qualities that the others DONT have, liiiiiiike:
Motion controls
Built-in WIFI
Excellent first-party games like SSBB, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: TP
A virtual console for an endlessly growing library of past hits
True and total backward compatibility, as it plays ALL Gamecube games
An internet browser
Cool internet features like News, Weather, CheckMiiOut, Everybody votes etc..
And a significantly lower price than the other consoles...

So you can cry cheap tears about somehow "not knowing" the other systems are graphically superior or that they have more FPS's, but that only exposes your ignorance about the entire videogaming world.
There is MUCH to enjoy and appreciate with the Wii that the other systems cannot and do not offer, plus PLENTY to look forward to with SSBB, MarioKart Wii, and whatever else Nintendo has up their sleeves to boot.

You can do what I did and get a 360 to compliment the Wii, it's a good pairing, but I could never kid myself about the greatness the Wii has brought to my life. It's an incredible system, even my girlfriend loves it, and that's saying A LOT :)

I Completely Agree. I have both a Wii and a 360. I've only owned the Wii for about 3 weeks now, but since I've owned it, I've only played my 360 for about 6 hours. I have a wife and a 15 year old daughter and I cannot tell you what the Wii has done for us. I've been gaming since Pong and I couldn't get my family even minimally involved playing the 360. We ALL now have something in common. My wife wants to play games just as much as me. Wii = Amazing.

TransAm317 said:
i own a wii and i am kind of frustarated about this because i think Nintendo got ahead of themselves and released the wii way too soon. I think they should have put more work into the wii like better graphics and gameplay. i think that if Nintendo would of posponded their launch until the following year, they could of sold us a much better product. The lack of graphics or diffrence from the xbox360 or Ps3, is because they rushed the release of it.

I wish i would have gotten an xbox360 instead of the wii. the wii has a good concept but just doesnt have the time and effort put into it. If it haad more time and effort into put into it, then it would blow away all competators.

Wrong. The 480p graphics for the Wii were meant to be. It has nothing to do with rushing a release. The Wii is geared towards "gaming in groups" not "sitting in mom and dads basement eating cheetos all alone with your 360 and XBL." Get some friends together (this means leaving mom and dads basement) and throw on Mario Party 8 or Wii Sports. Tell me you don't have fun and I'll still think you're an idiot.

Earthworm Jim said:

I assume you're a teenie or in your early twenties. If you had a brain in your head, you'd check out the News Channel on the Wii. Un-biased articles from around the globe. PRICELESS. My 15 year old daughter now jumps into the News Channel after I showed it to her. She's actually learning about LIFE and the way the WORLD WORKS.

I've noticed a lot of people on WiiChat seem to complain about the Wii. Why are they here in the first place? I'm just curious, is all.

I like the xbox360 but since i have a wii i just go with the flow and live with it i just like to vent my frustrastion about not being able to play halo or rockband

I'm getting a PS3

I'm fed up with the lack of titles hitting the Wii

Way to much shovelware and Kids **** for my liking

Back