Delayed until Feb. 10 on US

Wellat first (lol read my first post at the beggining of thread) I was so ANGRY!!! I wanted to kill someone. But now I'm like... at a ''whatever'' mood. No SSBB, I'll just buy MoH Heroes 2 or other Wifi game.

But overall, I think Nintendo will lose sales of SSBB, because all of the hype that fans had is now gone.

balrogs.pa said:
Okay the points that are bold i will explain to you trans fixed. read this please

Of course they remember the damn launch title. but how would you like a game with only what, 9 characters, no adventure mode, mabye about 2 stages, no stickers or tropheys? That was americas release date. not everyones, so quote whats correct. No one defended nintendo?! did all of us wii owners, grab a sword, stand outside of their building and fight ps3 lovers and xbox lovers? no, did we answer emails from the people bitching to nintendo? no. dont be a retard.
Hal Inc updated the site every day. not nintendo, like i said up there. dont be a retard.
Yes, if you were patient, you would have been the one NOT complaining.
Everyone you know = 0? because if you complain like this to one little delay. then obviously if you were to fail a test you would scream at the top of your lungs saying you studied.

OK, you clearly misunderstood several things that I said.
1st: No one would want a sub-par launch SSBB, with as you say "9 characters, no adventure mode, mabye about 2 stages, no stickers or tropheys" Of course we wouldn't want that, but then WHY did they initially tout is AS A LAUNCH TITLE?? It doesn't make sense.
2nd: You can't read. I didn't say "no one defended Nintendo" I said we DID defend Nintendo, the loyal fans, and we get screwed repeatedly for doing so.
3rd: Yes, EVERYONE I KNOW. I have been a HUGE SSB fan since the beginning, and have a large group of friends who have all been eagerly awaiting this game, and are all PISSED.
4th: 'One little delay?' First, this delay is 2 1/4 MONTHS, not little, and oh yeah: It's the THIRD DELAY FOR THIS DAMN GAME. Not 'one little delay'. It went from Nov. 2006 to FEB 2008. How can that NOT piss you off, unless you never really cared to begin with?
And finally : "then obviously if you were to fail a test you would scream at the top of your lungs saying you studied" That makes no sense whatsoever.
Don't be a retard.

gnahc79 said:
Money? How does delaying SSBB PAST Christmas benefit Nintendo? They don't need any additional hype for this game. Delays in launches happen all the time for games and all software. As a developer myself (not games, mission critical bajillion dollar stuff) and given Nintendo's reputation for nearly perfect games, a delay is completely acceptable.

Hahaha....yes they would have made a load of money selling it before Christmas, but look, almost EVERY Wii owner is going to buy the game, so Christmas really wouldn't have AS BIG an impact as it would for other games.
Also, Super Mario Galaxy is coming out in November, which would COMPETE FOR SALES DURING CHRISTMAS with SSBB, hence, less money, and ALSO, Reggie just stated that they arent going to be able to produce as many Wii's for the holidays as they'd hoped, so by delaying it until february, there will be MORE WII'S in people's hands, hence, MORE COPIES of SSBB to be sold.
It makes sense, despite losing the Christmas rush, they will still make more $$$ this way. Bastards...

I will be patient and wait but I pray for their sake that they add voice chat or some other incredible new feature for our trouble.
I understand their standard for perfection when it comes to main game titles but have over a year's worth of extra time to iron every wrinkle out and pack in as much extra options and fun little quirks.

But you find videos of people playing the game on all these game review sites so yeah its good enough to tease us with, but not good enough to sell?
It's like a perpetual lap dance from nintendo always teasing, promising, and coaxing but never truly providing.
And we are the few proud nintendo supporters who haven't jumped ship to the "newer, hipper" consoles of Sony and micro soft. We know and respect our roots. But the nintendo must know this I mean WE are their boss, we are what drives them and our voice is heard. So they know we're pissed.

They surely must have a damned good reason for this and I PRAY that it's the inclusion of voice chat technology or a headset bundled in the game. (although they're shifted from us as their core audience to the 9 year olds and the soccer moms; so I half doubt we will ever see them b/c of the "security issues" ..but if done right: i.e.: only registered friends are able to use voice chat with you..there's a novel concept.

Once again all I can say is I stand by my faith that nintendo won't fail me. And I pray for their sake not mine if they do; because we are the last nintendo warriors we are a dying breed. Losing many to the legions of sony and MS fan boys, we still stand proud and hope our days of glory will return soon. In Mario we trust but for how long?....for how long?

Extra Life Mushroom said:
I will be patient and wait but I pray for their sake that they add voice chat or some other incredible new feature for our trouble.
I understand their standard for perfection when it comes to main game titles but have over a year's worth of extra time to iron every wrinkle out and pack in as much extra options and fun little quirks.

But you find videos of people playing the game on all these game review sites so yeah its good enough to tease us with, but not good enough to sell?
It's like a perpetual lap dance from nintendo always teasing, promising, and coaxing but never truly providing.
And we are the few proud nintendo supporters who haven't jumped ship to the "newer, hipper" consoles of Sony and micro soft. We know and respect our roots. But the nintendo must know this I mean WE are their boss, we are what drives them and our voice is heard. So they know we're pissed.

They surely must have a damned good reason for this and I PRAY that it's the inclusion of voice chat technology or a headset bundled in the game. (although they're shifted from us as their core audience to the 9 year olds and the soccer moms; so I half doubt we will ever see them b/c of the "security issues" ..but if done right: i.e.: only registered friends are able to use voice chat with you..there's a novel concept.

Once again all I can say is I stand by my faith that nintendo won't fail me. And I pray for their sake not mine if they do; because we are the last nintendo warriors we are a dying breed. Losing many to the legions of sony and MS fan boys, we still stand proud and hope our days of glory will return soon. In Mario we trust but for how long?....for how long?

I Hope they put in some other source of communication other than typing pre made messages.

I also hope it is Febuaray 8 all around the world..if it isnt why are you americans complaining, jeez.

I hate soccer mums. (especially when they scream abd yell when the ball is 20 metres away from the goal box...ugh)

the last line.......no comment

Transfixed said:
Also, Super Mario Galaxy is coming out in November, which would COMPETE FOR SALES DURING CHRISTMAS with SSBB, hence, less money

No, not less money. It would be the same amout or more. Let's say they'll sell 100 games. Nintendo gets the same amount of money regardless of whether it's 100 Super Marios or 60 Super Marios and 40 Smash Bros. They're losing out on profit from the people who would buy them both for the holiday season.

and ALSO, Reggie just stated that they arent going to be able to produce as many Wii's for the holidays as they'd hoped, so by delaying it until february, there will be MORE WII'S in people's hands, hence, MORE COPIES of SSBB to be sold.

By not releasing until February only means more sales in February, not more overall. If someone doesn't get a Wii until March they can still by Smash Bros. regardless of when the game itself was released.

It makes sense, despite losing the Christmas rush, they will still make more $$$ this way. Bastards...

No. The more delay, the more potential loss in profit. You need to get product into customers' hands as soon as possible or that money may go elsewhere. Why do you think EB/Gamestop pushes pre-orders so much? The sooner they get some of your money, the better for the bottom line.

Transfixed said:
1st: No one would want a sub-par launch SSBB, with as you say "9 characters, no adventure mode, mabye about 2 stages, no stickers or tropheys" Of course we wouldn't want that, but then WHY did they initially tout is AS A LAUNCH TITLE?? It doesn't make sense.

THEORY: You know how all the third party developers were caught off guard by the success of the Wii and are scrambling to catch up? Well supposed Nintendo was caught off guard too? Perhaps the original plan was to release shortly after the Wii launch with a Smash Bros that was just a slightly updated version of the Gamecube game? But then in those first couple months after launch they realized that they were onto something MASSIVE with the Wii and changed the plans for Smash to be a much more ambitious project worthy of the success of the Wii?

By delaying, they gain more money =/

I'm not saying they delayed because of the money. But SSBB IS SSBB, one of the greatest game of Nintendo. They CAN delay it and we will STILL buy it because hello, its SSBB. So they delay it and people buy their Wii's on christmas with SMG or they just buy any Wii game, then on february they buy SSBB. If they don't delay, people will just buy SSBB for christmas and ignore SMG.

It does makes sense =/

Skippy said:
THEORY: You know how all the third party developers were caught off guard by the success of the Wii and are scrambling to catch up? Well supposed Nintendo was caught off guard too? Perhaps the original plan was to release shortly after the Wii launch with a Smash Bros that was just a slightly updated version of the Gamecube game? But then in those first couple months after launch they realized that they were onto something MASSIVE with the Wii and changed the plans for Smash to be a much more ambitious project worthy of the success of the Wii?
or they realized people buy crap games on the wii so they decided to delay it so mario and mp3 could have their share of huge success since they actually arent crap.

Sovieto said:
or they realized people buy crap games on the wii so they decided to delay it so mario and mp3 could have their share of huge success since they actually arent crap.

:) :yesnod: :)

2nd: You can't read. I didn't say "no one defended Nintendo" I said we DID defend Nintendo, the loyal fans, and we get screwed repeatedly for doing so.

I quote this because it highlights what I consider a dangerous feeling:

Entitlement

Nintendo didn't ask anyone to defend it against the fanboys. However, Nintendo fans will usually do it anyway. Then some fans seem to think that because they argue with some Xbot, they should be rewarded. Sorry but it just doesn't work that way. Nintendo does what Nintendo wants to do. The only thing Nintendo is obliged to give us are quality games that we expect when we purchase its console. Nothing more, nothing less. Nintendo is run by humans so of course it will make mistakes.

I'm not so mad about the delay, because i'll buy Galaxy to pass time and get Brawl as my B-day present in February.

Wow people. Some of you have got to get a grip. There are other things you can do and time will pass regardless of whether the game comes out or not. This has no effect on your lives. Us people in Europe don't have a release date and I expect it to be at least 2 months after the American one. But so what? I'm so damn busy I'm probably going to miss the release date here anyway. Oh, and saying "Then you're not a loyal fan to the series" is first of all: just bizarre - it's not a sect - and secondly is not true. I've ALSO been playing SSB since the first one came out. In fact I prefer the first one and I'm still playing it up to this day so don't try and kick me out of this obsessed fanclub I never wanted to be a part of anyway.

But complaining to Nintendo that your friends with PS3s and 360s are making fun of you? What is that? PS3 is so expensive that 1) no one wants to buy it and 2) eventually game producers won't make any games for it because it's so complicated and no one will be buying it anyway. And the 360 has great graphics but is the buggiest system released in a long time and there is not really a variety of games or gameplay. Tell them that. Don't ask Nintendo to do something about it. They were nice enough to tell you a release date and to complete the game they now realize they need more time. It's that simple. Deal with it.

Back