Delayed until Feb. 10 on US

White Knight said:
Except it's not their biggest game, Galaxy is.

...lolwut?
The biggest game is the game that most people want. SSBB IS the game that most Wii owners are looking forward to. SMG is also looked forward to, but it just couldnt stand up to SSBB hype. Anyway, the hype is now over.

Nintendo really knows how to screw things over, and this will not help them in the future.

AND,
WTF? Colored Wii's? lol?

Last edited:
Transfixed said:
You all should know that this is NOT acceptable. If the game wasn't ready for release when they SAID it was, they shouldnt have a website solely dedicated to DAILY UPDATES! They hyped the hell out of this game, promised everything, then let us down......AGAIN! We have every right to be pissed. Nintendo needs to get it's head out of it's ass and realize what they are doing to their true fans. This WAS supposed to be a launch game, in 2006. I was so pissed I wrote a letter to Nintendo, and I will post it here, so you know how a true Nintendo fan feels about this slap in his face.

Whatever random joe-nobody who's in charge of reading their email would only get about 2 sentences into your rant before deleting it.

If you want them to listen then be polite and to the point. Five or six sentences at most.

And just remember that software development on a project of this magnitude is incredibly complicated. They do their best to predict a completion date, but there are a million and one things that can go wrong. And it's worse when you throw in localization to other countries.

wow that is a big delay. maybe they are planning something with the wii that needs to get attention.

Skippy said:
Whatever random joe-nobody who's in charge of reading their email would only get about 2 sentences into your rant before deleting it.

If you want them to listen then be polite and to the point. Five or six sentences at most.

And just remember that software development on a project of this magnitude is incredibly complicated. They do their best to predict a completion date, but there are a million and one things that can go wrong. And it's worse when you throw in localization to other countries.

That's not really true. 5 or 6 sentences cannot even begin to fully contain the level of disappointment that we Nintendo fans feel, atleast many of us feel. I have written lengthy letters to Nintendo before and received satisfactory responses. I wrote them a huge letter a couple years ago about the "kiddie" design/layout of Nintendo.com and how it was only furthering people's perceptions of what kind of company they were. Within days it had been changed to the more "mature" professional design they have now. Not saying I was fully responsible for that, but sometimes you just really have to let people HAVE IT. And they need to know that when they disrespect people, sometimes polite little compact messages don't let them understand what it feels like.
My point was, it was supposed to be a LAUNCH TITLE - 2006. It must have been somewhat near completion before then to even say that it could have been a launch title. Then, to delay it by over AN ENTIRE YEAR.....gives them more than enough time to clear up any of the "million and one things that can go wrong".
I don't buy it. I know this was a decision about money, as most things are. $$$MONEY$$$. The time for defending Nintendo's poor decisions are over.

f*** Now my day is ****. i cant beleve it. i hope moday will have somthing good to make the pain go away

^ lolemo

I don't know why people are saying Galaxy is better then SSBB. You must be seriously retarded to believe that Galaxy is the best game to hit the Wii

JerryC said:
^ lolemo

I don't know why people are saying Galaxy is better then SSBB. You must be seriously retarded to believe that Galaxy is the best game to hit the Wii

You got that right:yesnod:

JerryC said:
^ lolemo

people have their own tastes in games....but in terms of sales i'll believe it'll come close, with ssbb on top

Transfixed said:
My point was, it was supposed to be a LAUNCH TITLE - 2006. It must have been somewhat near completion before then to even say that it could have been a launch title. Then, to delay it by over AN ENTIRE YEAR.....gives them more than enough time to clear up any of the "million and one things that can go wrong".
I don't buy it. I know this was a decision about money, as most things are. $$$MONEY$$$. The time for defending Nintendo's poor decisions are over.

Money? How does delaying SSBB PAST Christmas benefit Nintendo? They don't need any additional hype for this game. Delays in launches happen all the time for games and all software. As a developer myself (not games, mission critical bajillion dollar stuff) and given Nintendo's reputation for nearly perfect games, a delay is completely acceptable.

im actually glad they are delaying it so they can perfect it. Nintendo is not like the other companies that hurry up and try to finish a game quickly before the holidays so they can HOPEFULLY make some money. they take their time and think about their fans and what they want. jus so you guys that are mad didnt realize........ this delay is for YOU!! its being delayed so they can make the game better for YOU!! :) :yesnod:

ROCK ON NINTENDO!!!!!! :)

ZeLdA4LiFe said:
im actually glad they are delaying it so they can perfect it. Nintendo is not like the other companies that hurry up and try to finish a game quickly before the holidays so they can HOPEFULLY make some money. they take their time and think about their fans and what they want. jus so you guys that are mad didnt realize........ this delay is for YOU!! its being delayed so they can make the game better for YOU!! :) :yesnod:

ROCK ON NINTENDO!!!!!! :)
sure...that's what they WANT you to think. you've become tangled in nintendo's evil web! they prolly have to deal w/ a bunch of copywright stuff, who knows.

Transfixed said:
You all should know that this is NOT acceptable. If the game wasn't ready for release when they SAID it was, they shouldnt have a website solely dedicated to DAILY UPDATES! They hyped the hell out of this game, promised everything, then let us down......AGAIN! We have every right to be pissed. Nintendo needs to get it's head out of it's ass and realize what they are doing to their true fans. This WAS supposed to be a launch game, in 2006. I was so pissed I wrote a letter to Nintendo, and I will post it here, so you know how a true Nintendo fan feels about this slap in his face.

Nintendo,
I CANNOT EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE how utterly, completely, horribly, disgustingly DISAPPOINTED I am about your "delay" of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I know I am just one of many people upset over this, but you guys at Nintendo have GOT to come to grips with how much you are truly "disappointing" the Nintendo fans who have been waiting EXTREMELY patiently for this game to be released.
Let's look back at November 2006. SSBB was supposed to a LAUNCH TITLE. Remember that? Oh you don't? Yeah it got pushed back to 2007. Everyone was hoping for Spring. Then THAT didn't happen, so we ALL assumed "OK it's going to be sometime this Summer!" Well surprise, surprise, it was delayed STILL FURTHER and was finally announced to the whole world that it would be released at LONG LAST.....on December 3rd!???!?? Jeeeez what the heck kind of delay was THAT? But no, your loyal Nintendo fan base, who has had the utterly un-glamorous duty of DEFENDING you guys at every friggin' turn was grudgingly accepting. OK, December 3rd, I GUESS we can deal with that, what choice do we have? Atleast we'll have it by Christmas! We have had to deal with every Xbox and Playstation fanboy breathing down our necks with trash-talk about Nintendo, how greedy, selfish, and uncaring they are about their fans. We said "oh, no you just don't understand, etc..."
You even went so far as to have a Smash Bros website, so cocky and sure of itself that it updated EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!! EVERY DAY!!! Is this sinking in at all??? Oh, WHOOOPS!!! Looks like you messed it up again, and disappointed your loyal fanbase YET AGAIN with another STUPID FRICKIN RELEASE DELAY. I am so thoroughly disgusted at my foolishness for standing by you guys, for sticking up for you guys, for having FAITH in you guys, and we get nothing but a bunch of insincere spit in our faces for being patient and believing that Nintendo would pull through for us.
Honestly, ME and EVERYONE THAT I KNOW don't give a flying CRAP if it's not "the best game it can possibly be" by Dec. 3rd. That's the excuse that EVERY developer uses when they have to delay, and you have had MORE THAN ENOUGH STUPID DELAYS, AND TIME TO PERFECT IT ALREADY!!!!
Every day we get videos! We get special moves! We get soundtracks! New levels! New characters! Actual gameplay video!! And for WHAT!?!?!?? For what?
I waited in a Wal-Mart parking lot, sleeping on the cold, rainy sidewalk all night long just to get a Wii on launch day......2006. Because I believed in you guys. And I can't help but feel that this is related to Reggie's annoucement last week that there weren't going to be enough Wii's for people to likely get ahold of one for the holiday season. Hmmm.....so this obviously fully developed game is getting delayed until......more people have a Wii? Is THAT IT?!?! To "maximize" game sales?!??!? You @$$h0les!!!! I swear I am losing my faith in you guys by the second!!!
THIS MAKES ME SICK! I am two seconds away from saying screw Smash bros! I will purposely NOT buy this game because all of the endless, torturous waiting has made me so bitter and upset that I JUST DONT CARE ANYMORE. And that's coming from someone who LOVES the series.
Oh, I know, you are selling so many Wii's that money is spilling out your ears, so you don't care what one person like me has to say, but I guarantee you, this is a fatal mistake and I STRONGLY urge you to reconsider and release it December 3rd. From 2006 to 2008 is a RIDICULOUS, UNNECESSARY delay.
Are you practically BEGGING people to go buy an Xbox 360?!?! Cause I WILL! You cater to juvenile 9-year-olds over and over and OVER with your games and everyone else BE DAMNED.
Well I am done defending you. I am done caring. You spit in your customer's patient faces, it will come back to bite you. That's a certainty.
I am so, SO ANGRY AT YOU RIGHT NOW!! And this isn't some 12 year old's disappointment anger, this is true, genuine HUMAN anger at the deep insulting way that you have disappointed me as a loyal Nintendo fan.
I hope you understand that. This is a sad and telling day for you, Nintendo. You should be ashamed.

hmmm...

IDIOT!

Dude it woulda sucked as a launch and if it needs perfection then so be it. I'll wait. If a third delay is made THEN I will start to question Nintendo's liability. As for now all I'm expecting is...

PERFECTION!

Down to the last detail.

Use of the Havok engine and a more ACTIVE online system would help them plenty. :)

Lets just say: I'm waiting, for a perfect game. :smilewinkgrin:

For now just calm down. :)

Man, a lot of you guys need to calm down. Do you really think Nintendo is just going to delay a major game because it "feels like it"? No, it's trying to make sure that Brawl is as good as possible. Metroid Prime 3 had a long delay and it turned out to be a quality game.

Remember, you guys want to play this for the next 3-4 years. You should want to be as perfect as possible and not force Nintendo to release a game even though it needs some finishing touches. Delays with Nintendo are really nothing new and not anything to get so worked up over unless you don't really like Nintendo.

Back