Euro/UK Order Confirmations and Denials

ToadIsDoingMagicMushrooms said:
Are you sure you didn't get somebody elses order?

Just think of how happy the other person is with more than they payed for! :lol:
Thats exactly whats happened, they said there gonna try to swap them back.

PC World Pre-order update

PyroParrot / Rich-69-50 and others who pre-ordered from PC World:

I pre-ordered on 8th November and late yesterday received the following:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering your Nintendo Wii with us. As communicated at time of your pre-order and due to the unprecedented demand for the

console, along with a European shortage in stock, we are currently unable to deliver your order.

We are working closely with Nintendo to ensure we will fulfil your pre-order before Christmas

We are working on a first come, first serve basis and we will contact you again, once your Wii pre-order is available for dispatch.

Regards

PC World

I rang PC World and they were suprisingly helpful. They say they managed to ship 1400 units to customers for today, and their next allocation is currently in Germany for delivery to them on Tuesday next week.

They said the email above stating "before Christmas" is to cover their arses, they don't want to guarantee anything, butif you pre-ordered before the 9th November then you should be sorted out from the next allocation.

Parcel Force has mine and it's out for delivery, but I'm not at home to sign for it so going to have to arrange another delivery, unless they drop it off at the local post office so I can pick it up when I get home.

Big_Mill said:
tbh I think its more on Nintendos side, they havent been able to fulfill the allocations apparently due to bad weather, trying to manufacture a shortage, general shittiness. So a lot of retailers dont kow whether they are coming or going.

Yes but NO EXCUSE for telling me crap, by coincidence I've a days holiday off work today (booked before the Wii order) I call them 2 evenings in a row to confirm that I'm getting one today so in effect they COULD have cost me a day of holiday from work had I had to take it specifically to be around for the delivery!!!

I'm awaiting a phone call from a store that is expecting 2 anytime now and I'll be going straight there to collect TODAY if this comes off, then cancel the Argos order when I have them in my hands!!!

There must be an explanation for this..theres no reason to harrass them..Be patient they obviously had a back order or some misfunction, just cool it

Zelda arrived this morning, thanks royal mail. My bloody console still hasn't arrived, it went out at 6:20 from my local depot for delivery and its 1:07pm and still hasn't arrived, bloody parcel farce.

I stayed off school to go to my local woolies at 8a.m. to wait outside.

No Wii. Has been dispatched from jersey yesterday mornign apparently.

Argh.

Then i bumped into my friend, who got his from another shop up the road and he HAS his already.

So unfair.

Argh.

How long do you think i will have to wait for woolies to deliver to the shop!?

They people on the phone, and instore have said, maybe today, porbably monday.

I cannot wait that long!!!!

FOR THE ATTN OF WOOLWORTHS PRE-ORDERERS

Went into get my wii and they told me that because of strikes at calais they hadn't got them in and were not expecting them for a week or so, just as i sat down to write a venemous post about the french on here they phoned back and said they where in. Just picked it up, so if u have been told the same either woolies are lying and their delivery system isn't organised or because of the french distruption ur Wii may still be on the road.

hope this helps

Dev/Null said:
Zelda arrived this morning, thanks royal mail. My bloody console still hasn't arrived, it went out at 6:20 from my local depot for delivery and its 1:07pm and still hasn't arrived, bloody parcel farce.

Same as me!

Back