Final smashes over hyped? *SPOILERS*

GigaRidley said:
Mario's looks like one of the best to me... long range, large, and powerful.
Luigi's, on the other hand...
mario's looks super cool lol not sure if it'll be one of the best... doesnt seem to have all that much ko power... just like a zillion fire balls lol

^a zillion is a large number...
But seriously, Luigi's final smash looks like the worst. He just gives you random status effects! It should have been the poltergust.

lol the random dancing doesnt help his cause

SSBBdude said:
spiff-ssbb are you going to use FS or not?
probably once out of every... fifty games or so just to switch it up for fun... but the most intense battles are always 1v1 on fd with no items lol that'll always be the staple match for me haha

noone said anything about hating them. i just think their overhyped for an item. i like them being in the game though its a good addition without question

spiff-ssbb said:
noone said anything about hating them. i just think their overhyped for an item. i like them being in the game though its a good addition without question
The Smash BALL is an item,Final Smashs are an ATTACK....And Im glad you like them......but I still dont think there "Over-hyped"

Last edited:
Extra Life Mushroom said:
Wrong good sir.

Kirby does hit everyone but doesn't do much damage. Same with Olimar (he only really hurts you if you're in the way when the ship crashes into the stage.

Ness you can avoid since they launch in a fan shapes pattern, which spreads out as it gets closer to the stage. so you can easily slip between the comets if you stay low to the ground.
Lucas is the same way, except the meteors drop vertically.
Very easy to avoid both moves in a larger stage.

Snake's you just gotta keep moving till he runs out of time since there is a delay between shots firing and exploding you can tell where you need to be to avoid them ahead of time.

Lucario's final smash is deadly but it pans slow. So you should be able to out run it.

pokemon trainer and samus are roughly the same strategy. stay on higher ground to avoid the beam. (stay away from pokemon trainer and solar beam is your only problem)

Bowser and G&W you just have to avoid until they return to normal.

Fox/Falco/Wolf, either stay above the tank (not on it) or behind it since it an only hurt you if you're on it or in front of it.

Dedede is easy to avoid, just stay on higher ground or keep airborne to avoid the flood of minions.

yea...in theory, they're all easy to avoid...don't think it's that easy in practice. I've seen Lucas's and Ness's FS do hefty damage and KOs in certain stages. Snake also does a great job for someone who knows how to use it. Lucario's is not that easy to outrun, it hits you eventually and has enough throwback.
For GW, Bowser and the tank ones...ha, you try avoiding them...those tanks are hard to get away from, Giga Bowser can kick butt in good hands, and that octopus can move anywhere in the stage, so it's quite easy to hit.
Dedede doesn't seem to good, but it is easy to get hit...as long as you don't get the Gordo, you're fine.
oh, and for Olimar, you never know where the ship will hit...and for Kirby's, if you have decent damage on you it's pretty much a guaranteed KO.

i just think that 99% of what will make the game is the game play so thats where all my attention is. FSA's are a cool add on but i dont think they'll turn out to being the integral part of the game or the extra level of play everyone expects them to be. thats what i meant by over hyped

^ I don't think theyll make the gameplay much deeper either, but I'm glad we have them and I'll use them in most of my battles.

spiff-ssbb said:
i just think that 99% of what will make the game is the game play so thats where all my attention is. FSA's are a cool add on but i dont think they'll turn out to being the integral part of the game or the extra level of play everyone expects them to be. thats what i meant by over hyped

I'm not arguing your comment because it was well said. However, I do think that melee players ( not including competitive gamers) kept coming back for more hours of gameplay and were originally attracted by the level of chaos that matches can bring. All of my friends play to see how much destruction they can cause even if they don't play good. This is why nintendo added items that created ultimate chaos, like the Smash Balls, Smart Bomb, and the Dragoon.

oh i agree. they were very smart in adding more chaos lol for pick up and play value nothing is better than random mayhem. personally i find the super intense FD 1v1 battles the best but everyonce and a while its fun to turn chaos items back on and just have a war of throwing crap at each other lol but personally the stuff i pay more attention to are the tweaks in game play. the fact that you can attack after a recovery move and multiple air dodges intrigue me. also the elimination of L-cancelling and wave dashing and the tweaks in vereran characters. these are the things that interest me most.

Back