Final smashes over hyped? *SPOILERS*

Thegamerfan said:
i dont thinl they are, its a good additon to it. I prob wont be playin with it alot but still its good to have.
no doubt its good to have but i personally think too much attention is payed to them and not so much to gameplay which is the heart and soul of the game in my books

spiff-ssbb said:
no doubt its good to have but i personally think too much attention is payed to them and not so much to gameplay which is the heart and soul of the game in my books
i agree on all acounts. gameplay itself IS the game, everything else just makes it better (or worse). nothing should have more attention than Gameplay.

I think they are sure to hit sadly.

Although kirby is very light and could easily have the smash ball knocked out of him before he has a chance to use it.
Also it doesn't always KO. It does a set amount of damage then launches. So there if its used prematurely it may not raise the % high enough to KO.
(I've seen someone recover from the launch, although the other two didn;t make it)

Link's I've yet to see anyone recover from sadly. His seems kind of rigged.

Also on that subject, what of Zelda/Sheik's Final Smash? Anyone seen it in action in a match? Is it avoidable or is it like link's an instant death?

Edit: I agree that they aren't that vital to the core game play. They really won't turn the tide for you if you can't play at least reasonably well.

Last edited:
Extra Life Mushroom said:
I think they are sure to hit sadly.

Although kirby is very light and could easily have the smash ball knocked out of him before he has a chance to use it.
Also it doesn't always KO. It does a set amount of damage then launches. So there if its used prematurely it may not raise the % high enough to KO.
(I've seen someone recover from the launch, although the other two didn;t make it)

Link's I've yet to see anyone recover from sadly. His seems kind of rigged.

Also on that subject, what of Zelda/Sheik's Final Smash? Anyone seen it in action in a match? Is it avoidable or is it like link's an instant death?

Edit: I agree that they aren't that vital to the core game play. They really won't turn the tide for you if you can't play at least reasonably well.

I beleive it is avoidable but if it hits its an instant KO. Marth seems to be the same way, easily avoided but 1-hit KO if not.

Extra Life Mushroom said:
Have you EVER seen me play a match? Do you know me in any way shape or form beyond these forums? No.

So to say stupid things like the above emboldened statement when you've never even seen any of my matches is just idiotic.
Did I say I will rely solely upon final smashes for victories? did I give any inclination of that? No.
I simply suggested they be allowed due to the fact that they would enrich the experience. You are incredibly presumptuous and seem to think that you are an authority on this subject, when all you did was read a few websites.

You can laugh all you want if the mlg decides to ban them from their tournaments, because it won't mean a damned thing to me kid. This is not the mlg, this is a wiichat tournament.

Also why would they have any impact on me or you what so ever? I really don't care what the "professionals" allow or disallow. I'm going to play the game as I see fit to enjoy it. So there really is no reason for me to hold their rules or traditions in any regard.

I'm sorry but a "professional" gamer who depends solely on these tournaments to support themselves and their lifestyle is not something I'd aspire towards. I prefer to have a real job and make an honest living. And by the way most of the "professionals" eventually burn out and realize they have to "grow up" and join the rest of the working world.

I find it hard to believe that the MLG offers a 401k plan or any sort of retirement benefits. :lol:
You may earn a few thousand dollars in these competitions but in no way is it a livable, stable wage. Sure a few hundred thousand dollars sounds like a lot but, what happens when you're n longer at the top of your game and you can't compete anymore? The money will dry up fast than you think, and you have no other skills to fall back on so what then?
i skimmed through your post. seems like youre magically throwing away the topic at hand with talking about if pro gaming affects you.

Zelda's can be dodged. it says so on the dojo. never seen it in match play though

ya its a one hit thing. ko move

I don't think captain falcon's is a instant K.o.
If I remember correctly it hit ganondorf and he barely flew.
I saw it on brawlcentral. Theres a video there containing everyones Final Smash. But I'm using my wii, so I can't post links.

wow your dedicated enough to type on the wii? impressive lol

Back