Final smashes over hyped? *SPOILERS*

GigaRidley said:
lol yeah, except for the fact that halo is overrated to the extreme and this game DESERVES all of its attention.
halo 3 was. too many weapons. halo 2 was sick. mush you use complicated words lol sounds like an essay when they're read lol not burning you or anything just a random comment

Extra Life Mushroom said:
Okay, you obviously have no clue what you're taking about.

To say that I know nothing because I've never been to one and then to double back and claim you can be an expert on the mlg when it comes to Brawl; which hasn't even been released to the majority of the world is just foolish.

So by looking it up online you're automatically an authority on the subject if I'm understanding correctly?

Seeing as how the rules aren't even there yet you have no right nor reason to dispute my claims that final smashes may possibly be included in the future tournaments. There is no substantial proof to confirm nor deny that they will or won't.

You discredit yourself by not looking into what you post before you hit the 'submit reply' button. with so many loopholes how can i not find ways to debunk your infallible logic?
oo loopholes, you a pro!! lol seriously, just wait. youre right i cant prove anything right now, but looking at the past ssbm tourneys (which is valid proof) and so far this one at smashrbostourney.com or whatever the rules state this:

Items – Items are not allowed. Due to a popular vote items may be included if both competitors choose to allow them. If one participant chooses to remove items they will be banned from that match specifically.

hmm, seems like items are the underdog already. users here want items as it says due to popular vote, but theyre probably just people like you who like to count on items to unfairly turn the favor of battle. again though, we'll see whos laughing at who (which will be me at you, btw) when the official mlg rules are released for ssbb.

do you know if mlg ever holds canadian tourneys? i want one in toronto

GigaRidley said:
Am I (I know you think so too Bowserizer) one of the only ones that think ganondorfs fs looks hard to aim?
hard to aim? doesnt' he just turn into a creature and do a huge bite? sorry i was never a zelda fanboy i dont know what he turns into

Sovieto said:
hmm, seems like items are the underdog already. users here want items as it says due to popular vote, but theyre probably just people like you who like to count on items to unfairly turn the favor of battle. again though, we'll see whos laughing at who (which will be me at you, btw) when the official mlg rules are released for ssbb.

Have you EVER seen me play a match? Do you know me in any way shape or form beyond these forums? No.

So to say stupid things like the above emboldened statement when you've never even seen any of my matches is just idiotic.
Did I say I will rely solely upon final smashes for victories? did I give any inclination of that? No.
I simply suggested they be allowed due to the fact that they would enrich the experience. You are incredibly presumptuous and seem to think that you are an authority on this subject, when all you did was read a few websites.

You can laugh all you want if the mlg decides to ban them from their tournaments, because it won't mean a damned thing to me kid. This is not the mlg, this is a wiichat tournament.

Also why would they have any impact on me or you what so ever? I really don't care what the "professionals" allow or disallow. I'm going to play the game as I see fit to enjoy it. So there really is no reason for me to hold their rules or traditions in any regard.

I'm sorry but a "professional" gamer who depends solely on these tournaments to support themselves and their lifestyle is not something I'd aspire towards. I prefer to have a real job and make an honest living. And by the way most of the "professionals" eventually burn out and realize they have to "grow up" and join the rest of the working world.

I find it hard to believe that the MLG offers a 401k plan or any sort of retirement benefits. :lol:
You may earn a few thousand dollars in these competitions but in no way is it a livable, stable wage. Sure a few hundred thousand dollars sounds like a lot but, what happens when you're n longer at the top of your game and you can't compete anymore? The money will dry up fast than you think, and you have no other skills to fall back on so what then?

i understand your points but burning pro gamers on how empty their lives are wont get you too far on a forum based on a videogame... no one says that everyone who goes to tourneys does it for a living or trains for them in any sense. for some their just an added level of excitement...just as your FSA's are to you. your arguing about a topic you dont actualy care about and your directly attacking people who do care. you're bragging about pension plans and a family. kudo's to you man your a sucessfull man. but i'll take youth, school, and the freedom of being single over any of those things any day and i fear the day i have to worry about a retirement fund like the plague. now call us kids and call us naive and these things may be true. but when it comes down to it we have our entire lives ahead of us. dont attack us just because when your squabbling over family needs were out playing video games. the fact that our difference in stages of life provides us with the free time to do what we want with that you dont have isnt a reason to seek verbal revenge. thats ten times more naive and imature than going to any tourney when you have no dependants, bills or any worries to speak of. living our lives the way we feel most fun doesnt make us kids it makes us fortunate to have that freedom. your resentment makes you come off as more childish than us. if you hadn't said you had a family i would have thought you were just some punk here to start a fight. debate crap all you want but why make things so personal? now i apologise for this post as its degrading and forward but its the same crap your throwing at us

correct me if i'm wrong, and i know its kinda getting away from what you guys are talking about, but DK's FS is soooooooooooo stupid in my opinion.

Bowserizer said:
correct me if i'm wrong, and i know its kinda getting away from what you guys are talking about, but DK's FS is soooooooooooo stupid in my opinion.
i've actually never seen it what does he do? oh and i think peach and luigi have the least useful...peach really can only heal and do maybe 20 damage with hers since as soon as a character is hit they wake up...and i dont actually know what that green halo of luigi's actually does

@spiff:
Dude the only reason I mentioned the mlg, was the fact that from what Sovieto was saying: all traditions and rules set and used by them are and should be standard practice and any deviations from them are considered "noobish". Also based on his posts he seems to believe the same things should apply here.

I disagree, and then explained why you shouldn't put so much faith and respect into the mlg since it is not a permanent means to an end.

@ Bowserier: I think DK's final smash doesn't have much potential for KO's but it may help in edge guarding, or be an easy way to rack up damage % if you're in a smaller stage.
It's not very powerful, but it does juggle and disorient the opponents, which could be useful. Also it may be able to launch or drop a foe who is edge hogging. (like Yoshi's seems to be able to do) So it's not THAT bad.
Just gotta be creative in your usage.
Not all FSA's are meant for direct damage, some were intended for other purposes. Just think outside the box,I'm sure we'll devise some way to use it.

ya thats cool. lol sorry it sounded alot more heated last time. i retract the last thing i said

@ spiff: It's alright man.

On topic: Other than DK's final smash, has anyone else seen the vids of yoshi's? I've seen one where the opponent tries to edge hog, I think to avoid the fireballs. y all means the fireballs should've passed over him since all normal projectiles seem to be avoidable via edge hogging. But for some odd reason the fireball still launched him.
I'm beginning to think Yoshi's FSA is somewhat rigged? :scared:

good point about DKs smash extra life! and maybe yoshis FS has some drawbacks we arent familiar with yet...do we know yet if kirby and link have FSs that are impossible to dodge, cause it looks like that to me with a few FSs

ya i've seen him but never anyone good using him...just people who spam his rolling egg move. and normal projectiles CAN hit edge hoggers if theyre aimed right. its in one of the vids for the tourney in prez' thread

Back