Finnaly bacame a gamestop employee!

RadNad said:
Why do you need a driving license?
ok.lets say that u stole the money out of the register. u decide to run out. well on ur application it will have a pic of ur drivers license so they can get u.hope this helps. see when ur 14-15 thats why they have a longer application then adults do. ur driver licence shows ur face the day u were born, and much more. well14-15's dont have drivers yet.

:yesnod:
miiwiiwii said:
ok.lets say that u stole the money out of the register. u decide to run out. well on ur application it will have a pic of ur drivers license so they can get u.hope this helps. see when ur 14-15 thats why they have a longer application then adults do. ur driver licence shows ur face the day u were born, and much more. well14-15's dont have drivers yet.
futher more 14-15 year olds wouldnt be very respomsible with it . maybe some. 14-15 probably be playng guitar hero instead of working lol

Maybe I am lucky, but have only had one bad experience with Gamestop and have been doing business with them for many years.

Only bad experience was one of their guys trying to convince me to NOT buy a game and telling me another game was better. Thought that was pretty rude actually. I typically do some research before dropping 50-60$ on a game and know what I want.

Other than that, I have a friend who is a manager at our local Gamestop and he is a GREAT guy.

Anyways, good luck with the job!

Ok well i figured i would drop in to tell everyone about the exaggeration's that have been made. Only reason i made this account :p But anyways i work at a Gamestop, plymouth meeting mall if anyones nearby :D But yea every single gamestop employee gets 15% off of everything except new consoles, not 20%. Second of all its only a few amount of states that you have to be 18, most are 16, and there are none that you have to be 17 thats just made up. Mostly they judge people right when they ask for an application cause usually most little 16 year olds come running in like YAY GIMME APPLICATION!! RAWR and were like uh we aren't hiring, but if you come in all chill and be like, yoo, gots an app? they will give you one. Third of all you dont need a drivers license seeing as i dont have one, i only have a state ID. Fourth of all there are no raises unless the minimum wage is raised. Fifth of all you said your getting your tag and shirt on bla bla date but only managers get promo shirts, everyone else provides their own, managers mostly do too. Also someone said the store at bla bla place wasnt a gamestop but an EB Games but Gamestop bought EB games a while ago and they are the same store with the same prices and deal and interchangeable gift/membership cards. Sixth of all technically your suppose to get fired if you play the interactives (the games) while on shift unless the manager is cool with it :p well thats about all but you must be a cool guy since they hired you, managers usually know how to pick the good ones :D

edit: also make sure you take advantage of the employee retail training sites, free games :DDDDDDD

Last edited:
I live in Georgia and you have to be 18 to work in Gamestop. As a teen, I wanted to work there but after I read some interviews of employees, I decided that it wasn't that great. I couldn't deal with game quotas (one dude was talking about being forced to peddle Enter the Matrix to "meet quota") and harassing people for pre-orders. I read about publishers paying Gamestop money to actively advertise their games, regardless of actual quality.

Of course, I also wouldn't be able to take people buying shovelware. I would be like "Dude, buy Zach and Wiki....or Metroid Prime 3...or Godfather Wii. Anything but games made by Conspiracy" and that would probably turn away customers.

Congrats on the new job though. Remember to recommend good Wii games that often get overlooked...or not.

Back