For all of you "hackers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rand

WiiChat Member
Nov 5, 2006
You guys really deserve a slap in the face. You supposedly support Nintendo, wait for their product for years, praise them, etc then you buy stuff that completely kills some of their products? I think you should actually support them and not do stuff like this. You sit here and say how good they are and then completely stab them in the back. Just buy their stuff, or if you feel like it switch to another system, but stop bein such a'holes.

Yeah I totally agree, and nintendo love to stop it going on which is good.
Im guessing your talking about the mod chips? I personly dont think they will work I also think nintendo have the control to stop them through firmware, therefore you potentially destroy your Wii, which when it happens don't come crying back to nintendo :)

This is the second time I'm posting to something like this. What if you want to buy a game that simply isn't released in your region? You can legitimately buy the imported game, support nintendo, but because you live in another region, you cannot play it?
Nintendo could've made the Wii's region free, and then mod-chip's wouldn't be as popular. I do admit lots of people use them for illegal 'backups', but the fact remains, that is not their only purpose.
Is it a 'stab in the back' to make homebrew software and run it on the wii? I don't think so, it simply gives individual programmers the freedom to experiment with new software. Look at the PC-Wiiremote scene, it's exploding because it can be tweaked with. It isn't harming nintendo at all, if anything it's better for them because they're selling wii-remotes to those without wii's!

Edit: Typo

You're being too general by using the term 'hacker'. You deserve a slap in the face. There are those who hack it for illegal purposes but there are those who aren't doing it for illegal purposes. it's not like every hacker wakes up and says, "I feel like screwing up Nintendo by making a uber 1337 haxxorz!!11!!". Many of them exploit the console and make it better than what currently shipped out as. For example, overclocking them, adding DVD functionality, and tons of other things to make the Wii even better than what it really was when it was in the box.

And don't be jelous because they can do it and you can't. I envy them very much (for their skills, not their actions)

COLDshiver said:
...And don't be jelous because they can do it and you can't. I envy them very much (for their skills, not their actions)

I believe in this case, it's "skillz", with a z

For me it boils down to this....

I purchased my Wii for my very young kids. I would love to be able to let them put in backups of the games I buy instead of destroying the originals. This is not different than what I do on the iMac they use. They dont even touch the originals. So the games last longer. I dont care about being able to watch DVD's. But being able to run homebrew software is always fun. Bootlegging is not always the reason for buying a mod chip. Thats like saying people should not be able to put a better engine in their car because they may speed. No one would agree to that, so why do people agree to the anti mod chip crap?

Hackers....Hack on! I have already purchased 3 wii motes, 2 nun chucks, 3 nintendo gloves for the motes, (2) game cube controllers, (2) mario ddr pads, the system and (3) games. Never can anyone complain about my spending money with nintendo.

As others said, not everyone who "hacks" is going to be pirating games. Some people want to make their product do other things Nintendo never thought of, or legitimetely want to use a backup of their game because their kids tend to destroy stuff (my friends 2 year old stuck a DVD into their VCR, which scratched the DVD like crazy, and was unusable).

in fact, HACKER is the one who master the technique ...
CRACKER is the one who uses this technique for bad causes....
so please don't offend all the good hacker that keeps us safe... thank you...

At my work place we use the term "hacker" to refer to our programmers. Hacker is not a "bad" term but it has been given a negative connotation.

Hackers are the true innovators of technology. They take the basic stuff thats put out by the corporate world and turn it into something worth having. I say support the hackers! Hell where would Sony be if the "Hackers" did not make the mod chip for the original playstation? I am sure that at least 40 - 60% of the people that purchased it did so because they could get "Pirated" games. Sonies success had nothing what so ever to do with quality. The Sega Saturn and the Dreamcast were much better pieces of technology during the time.

Once again...Hackers hack on:thumbsup:

GreenEnvy said:
As others said, not everyone who "hacks" is going to be pirating games.
Thank you! I am 100% for unilligal (which looks like its not a real word and probably isn't. And spelt wrong anyway) hacking. Australians arent getting many of your American LAUNCH games until MARCH! I can;t wait that long for Trauma Centre/Excite Truck! And its CHEAPER to import it! But I don't support illegal copying of games :nono:

-Matt

why do you care if people buy the console they can raise a family of squirrels in there if they want it's none of your buisness

most people are not knowledgeable about hacking.. they like to think of it as playing illegal backups. its way more then that. i would like to see glovepie ported to the wii i love messing with wiidrums and wiitar. things are just getthing better with all the wiimote hacks. people who dont even own a wii are even buying wiimote just for wiimote hacks. there are a lot of great homebrew creaters out there and i would like to see what the wii can truly do. so hack on.

Also with the modchip hack, what's wrong with that if you are using it for a legal reason? And also, it's not like you can use the modchip without the Wii. So you can't not support Nintendo by buying a modchip because you have to buy a Wii before you can use the mod chip. So buy buying a Wii, you just gave Nintendo $80 or whatever Ninty profits from each system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back