Game On: Nintendo Vs. Sony

romj said:
Yes it is, but I'm making a different point with this issue. I'm adressing all the haters out there who keep comparing it to and wishing it was like the others.

As long as the Wii is not in 3rd they will continue to hate thats just how people are. No worries though some people crumble at the sheer weight of things just like all those PS2 owners that where die hard nintendo or even sega fans.

All you can do is address them and talk to them some or worth talking to actually believe it or not. People will be negative before they are positive based on where they are in their life. Yet lots of hardcore games own the Wii and one form of a hardcore set up from PC-PS3.

Most of the complainers are from people that think that Wii owners are bad or casual gamers. It's mostly fear and their reasoning behind why they hate or dislike the Wii. Now if the PS3 WAS the Wii I winder what would happen then, since the PS2 was the Wii of the last gen.....

I don't remember too many people complaining about not playing ninja gaiden on the PS2.
Also too every one keeps hoping the PS3's graphics are going to get even better or either some magical game will come out of no where, yet people believe this can not be the case for the Wii. Well we will see once factor 5 is done... If you remember they pushed the GC to a point no other developer has reached yet and they go on the PS3 and knock out some crazy graphics also yet you have to notice how even these guys where not able to blow every one else away graphically. If you are a PC gamer then you can see where the PS3 begins and the PC graphics start. Just look up the specs for a direct x capable card and a direct x 10 card. Once again you will see that the xbox is actually closer to being a direct x 10 capable machine. What is sad is this isn't even coming from an xbox fanboy!

I will say that some good looking games will come out but players are notorious for getting over eye candy. It did not save platforming, 2d space shooters nor any other game.... only game play did....

Hey but you know what all of this buying into to the HD systems is a good thing because these guys are paying for our future! So when you see an HD system owner give them a hug and a high five and point to them- and yell "your the man!".

I mean really if it was not for High spec PC owners like my self we would not even see "afforable" HD console graphics. Thanks to this the next nintendo console will just get better! I mean really by that time gets here you will have the Wii chips in the next DS!

T3kNi9e said:
To me it seems like he likes his Wii more over the PS3. Right now I would slap him. But thats only cuz right now im so addicted to CoD4 that i would have bought a console just to play that 1 game over and over.

Hey I'm hearing nothing but good about that game. I also heard the aiming is crazy accurate. Does CoD4 have better aiming accuracy than Metroid Prime 3??

romj said:
Yes it is, but I'm making a different point with this issue. I'm adressing all the haters out there who keep comparing it to and wishing it was like the others.

Ok Gotcha! I thought YOU were complaining. What those people need to do is buy a PS3 and shut up. Either you like the Wii as it is or don't buy it..Simple. The irony of it all is that if the Wii had PS3 capable graphics/HD then it would be a $700 machine and would scare away casual and even hardcore gamers. Thus have Less sales and Less games. The wii would then struggle in sales with few games and developers and those same complaining haters would not like the Wii for that same reason. Either way, you can't satisfy people in denial...

Caliko said:
Ok Gotcha! I thought YOU were complaining. What those people need to do is buy a PS3 and shut up. Either you like the Wii as it is or don't buy it..Simple. The irony of it all is that if the Wii had PS3 capable graphics/HD then it would be a $700 machine and would scare away casual and even hardcore gamers. Thus have Less sales and Less games. The wii would then struggle in sales with few games and developers and those same complaining haters would not like the Wii for that same reason. Either way, you can't satisfy people in denial...

YES! That the thing. Nintendo can't win either way...

The wii was made for an exppress purpose and because it's NOT like the others, it not valid. How I HATE that attitude! I used to be more tolorant, but as time goes on, the more it irritates me.

I just get so TIRED of the doom and gloom predictions of the wii's failure. It's like it is surounded by a pack or starving wolves that can't wait to rip it to shreds.

Denial; yes, that is it. Even in the face of all the evidece to the contrary, people are STILL predicting its eventual failure.

Last edited:
lol that guy is gay he contridics himself.

he says the wii (smg) has good graphics and if you look at ps3 games u wonder what the price is all about.

THEN says the wii lack of processing power.

I am sure as amny other people justify the ps3 being crap because no one is pushing it, it's the same for the wii, no one is pushing it!!!

Caliko said:
Hey I'm hearing nothing but good about that game. I also heard the aiming is crazy accurate. Does CoD4 have better aiming accuracy than Metroid Prime 3??

Yeah, its extremely accurate. When you shoot you can either shoot at the hip (the way all fps look) or you can aim and look down the sights and it aims just like a real gun with great accuracy. You can level up, customize your guns with camo, attatchments and pick perks.

I'm afraid that Sony will win in the end. The Playstation as a brand is huge enough, and with that fanbase they will sell enough, eventually. I,m going to get one, when the price is cheap enough

^ atm the moment im going towards 360 if i got another console.

only ff intrests me on ps3 and im not going to get it just for 1 game at £350

Well the console of your choice all depends on what you're in to (of course). For example, you want a great online experience, Xbox 360. You want a great console to have fun with family and friends, Wii. You want a console that you could watch Blu Ray DVDs and have awesome graphics, PS3.

I don't dislike my wii. I love its potential and I'm waiting for it to reach my expectations. SSBB WILL do that. Then I'll be in heaven when Mario Kart and Animal Crossing come out.

As of the last 2 months I have been playing the crap out of my PS3. I hate how people bad mouth it. I feel that a big reason why people do is because everyone else does so they don't think for themselves. PS3 has great games NOW and will get even better.

This could possibly be the best generation ever. The competition is cut throat and all gamers win.

I believe the only reason people talk bad about the PS3 is because it didn't start out good. The reason people talk bad about the Wii is because it doesn't have that much hardcore games. The reason people talk bad about the 360 is because of how fragile it is.

manred said:
I believe the only reason people talk bad about the PS3 is because it didn't start out good. The reason people talk bad about the Wii is because it doesn't have that much hardcore games. The reason people talk bad about the 360 is because of how fragile it is.

The only reason why the PS3 started off "bad" is because the Wii did so above average. I think the PS3 had a good start but the Wii distorted what is good and bad.

Big_League_Slugger said:
They had some good games IMO.

Well the thing is most people found the Ps3 to not have that good games, Resistance was really their best for a few months or so, plus some of the other games were on the 360.

Wii didn't have great games either, it had Zelda Twilight Princess (which was also on Gamecube) and Red Steel. Those two, despite Red Steel being poor in most areas were the Wii's best games for a bit. However the difference with the Wii was its appeal to casual gamers, and that ultimately is why it did and is still doing good today.

It wasn't until late last year that both Ps3 and Wii had really good games come out, and for both consoles in 2008 things look good.

Back