Game shop staff

I visit Gamestop/EB games often because they usually have the widest selection of games...however...their employees they seem to hire know little about games. I did run into a great salesmen though...he had this one kid eating out of his hand when he was talking about the new GTA IV pack with the dufflebag and briefcase or something like that.

I forgot the exact cost of the stupid GTA package but i knew it was ridiculous. He had this kid thinking it was the sweetest thing in the world since sliced bread. That kid is totally going to buy a useless piece of game memorabilia like that halo legendary pack. Gamestop sells so much crap to stupid people.

i have a question for americans, what time is it there?

just iv wondered for a while are you behind us in uk or ahead ?

i alway thought u were behind, but if someone answers i will know for sure

"you have to have the classic controller to play any of the vc games"
good thing i didnt have the money for it because when i went home and found out i could use my wii mote for the nes and the gamecube controller for basicaly every thing else i was pissed

Well he wasnt fully wrong there. You can't play all VC games with just the wii remote and gamecube controller.. need the classic controller too. Maybe he was clueless but his intentions were good at least.

edit: 6:44 PM here atm david and yeah the ebgames employees were I live are hardcore gamers and really nice >_>. Everytime i go there there either talking about how they pwned some noobs on Halo 3 or how they can't wait for this game etc.

Last edited:
the guy's at my gamestop are really awesome, i usually don't have to ask questions since i look up games online before i go to the store and i might have a question or 2 and they give me good awnsers and they don't get me to try extras, they just ask me if i would like to hear the deals they have and i say no and thats it.

I don't routinely hit the big chain places. I perfer the smaller locally-owned places to buy, but their trade in values are usually awful(seriously, one place gives $4 for a Dreamcatst system then tags them at $80) .

The local Movie Gallery has started dealing in new and used with trades though. Saw RE3 for GC for $13 the other day... GS GIVES $14 for that game and sells for $30-$40.

BTW, Game Crazy is selling the GC OOT bonus disc for only $25. Most places want double that. Pity I hated how the game played on a GC controller or I'd have jumped on it.

a game store pissed me off pretty bad to.
i went to the store to buy super smash melee, and i had a classic controller.
one of the dudes told me, "Yeah man you can use the classic controller with gc games..brah" then i said OTAY and went home and got pissed. i went back and bought a game cube controller, and the dude told me he diddent ever say anything like that. i also had to buy a dang gc mem card just so i could play.
but useally i like gamestop

I want to work at one of these game stores, just so I can tell people the truth and be a helpful person :cool:

I got hit on at a gamestop by one of the employees one time. It was pretty creepy considering that the majority of the gamestop employees i've ever met look like they haven't left their mom's basement in like 10 years.

Also, whenever i hear someone at Best Buy or gamestop trying to sell a game they obviously don't know ANYTHING about, i usually set them straight and explain everything to the customer way better than the sales person ever possibly could. I usually do a great deal of research before i buy a game, and other games that intrest me

daviduk200 said:
i have a question for americans, what time is it there?

just iv wondered for a while are you behind us in uk or ahead ?

i alway thought u were behind, but if someone answers i will know for sure

I'm in the Central Time Zone, so it's about 8:40pm right now.

the UK is ahead of the US

Last edited:
JAKE196 said:
tip for a healthy gamer:

Gamestop employees should be shot on sight.

I disagree. My local gamestop I really like the guys that work there. One employee even HANDED ME a copy of Metroid Prime 3 when I had pre-ordered it, but no receipt and no ID. He did it when his manager was right there next to him and he could've been fired for it. He said "This game is so awesome, I just want EVERYONE to experience it." :lol: Gamestop is awesome. Its where I first played Guitar Hero.

The other day, when I went to go get Guitar Hero, I decided to pay off Battalion Wars II. I gave him 5 $10s, and he said I should put $45 down on BWii and $5 on Brawl. I told him I wouldn't have enough, and I'd come back next paycheck. So he ran my phone number, and it turns out I pre ordered phantom hourglass a while ago and allowed me to transfer the $5 onto brawl!!! :D

Last edited:
I think I plan on getting a job at Gamestop over the summer. I figure it shouldn't be too hard to get the job because I atleast know what I'm usually talking about. And after reading some of your guys's reviews of employees they seem very misinformed.

ive had bad experiences with game stores for some reason they target mothers desperately trying to find there child there favourite game (sometimes cant remember the name:lol:) and they test them. once i went to EB games and guess what? a clueless employee trying to get an extra $20

mother: how does this wii game work?(WII SPORTS)
employee: its a 5-in-1 sports game)
mother: so this comes with the wii?
employee: if you pay an extra $20 it comes with the console
mother: oh ok...no thanks
employee: b-but where having a sale so you can have it for free
mother:eek:h ok, thank you

i was just looking at some games while listening to the conversation

iv had a few bad experiances with Game station in my local town, They know loads about gaming and consoles and everything else but there so bloody ignorant when it comes to answering ur questions. About 6 weeks ago i walked into the shop and said to a member of staff "can u help me i need some advice about getting my wii connected online" to which he replied in a sarcastic voice "yer get a router and plug it in and there u go" "NEXT PLEASE"

now thats annoying

My hometown is Hartlepool (England) and at the moment I live in Hull (Still England) and the GAME back home is really well run, the employees are knowledgeable and friendly, always willing to help as well, same here in Hull where there are like 3 GAMES in the city centre, never had a bad experience. Nice friendly banter, always willing to help, guess it's just like real life, a few idiots spoil it for the whole.

Back