Gears of War is Overrated...

I think it is overrated too, but I don't really care.

Sovieto said:
you gotta spend time with it and you will fall in love, you gotta have it to love it, i didnt think it was "that great" at my friends house but i trusted it would be awesome so then yah and its awesome
there is only so much time with this game...

gears of war:
90 % GRAPHICS POWER OF 360 ONLY 30 FPS YOU HOMOSAPIEN
ONLINE MULTIPLAYER
COOP MODE
MILLIONS FOR PROMOTING AND PAYING SITES
EDGE RATING 8/10
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928234.asp 94% FROM ALL SITES

zelda wii/gc
NOT EVEN SCRATCH THE WII
NOT ONLINE
NOT COOP
JUST 1 PLAYER GAMING / NOT PAYED ANYONE
EDGE RATING 9/10
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928519.asp?q=ZELDA 95-96 % >>>

P.S IF YOU LIKE IT SO MUCH GO PLAY IT AND DONT FORCE US YOUR OPINION
YOU 360 FUNBOY........

well the game was hyped and all they have to show is great graphics...you see all these reviews and its all graphics..great for the graphics the game isnt any better than that

swiper said:
well the game was hyped and all they have to show is great graphics...you see all these reviews and its all graphics..great for the graphics the game isnt any better than that
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/747/747891.html
read that and theres only 1 section on visuals

but after reading thta again i found out why most of you are turned off by gow
you all like ninty so your not really hardcore gamers, GoW is basically, a next-gen hardcore game, i dont think anyone can deny that, now im not trying to make fun of you guys or anything, or target every single one of you, but ninty isnt hardcore and of course, its not really targeting hardcore gamers, so it makes since this kind of feedback is given

I'm with Sovieto on this one. GoW is one of the best console games out at the moment. Also as Sovieto has mentioned it takes time to get used to the online gameplay and weapons. It's not like your going to be able to pick up a sniper and get instant headshots. It takes time to get used to the weapon's and map's. That's why I'm guessing some of you have given up on the game.

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/747/747891.html
read that and theres only 1 section on visuals

but after reading thta again i found out why most of you are turned off by gow
you all like ninty so your not really hardcore gamers, GoW is basically, a next-gen hardcore game, i dont think anyone can deny that, now im not trying to make fun of you guys or anything, or target every single one of you, but ninty isnt hardcore and of course, its not really targeting hardcore gamers, so it makes since this kind of feedback is given

wat are you talking about...???next gen hardcore game.? wtf is that suppost to mean. its just another game but with good graphics and bad gameplay , there are pleanty of games that are better than that hacked up graphics fest...the game play is bad its quirky..everytime you go to run and hide behind stuff its not very responsive making it quirky...the aiming system sucks and the button scheme isnt laid out properly..

there are pleanty of games that are better than that hacked up graphics fest

Care to name a few?

Also all because you may be bad at a game it doesn't mean the game itself is bad.

These lists are based on global unique users connected to Xbox Live. If the Xbox 360 list and the original Xbox list were combined, then Gears of War continues to be the top Xbox Live title.

Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (UU’s)
1 Gears of War
2 Crackdown Demo
3 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas
4 Call Of Duty 3
5 Lost Planet
6 Madden NFL 07
7 Battlestations: Midway Demo
8 Oblivion
9 Heavy Weapon
10 Saints Row

Top Arcade Titles (Full Versions)
1 Heavy Weapon
2 Hexic HD
3 UNO
4 LUMINES LIVE!
5 Geometry Wars Evolved
6 Texas Hold 'em
7 Street Fighter II' Hyper Fighting
8 Bankshot Billiards 2
9 Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
10 Assault Heroes

Original Xbox Top Live Games
1 Halo 2
2 Battlefield 2: MC
3 Madden NFL 07
4 Counter-Strike
5 Call of Duty 3
6 Star Wars: Battlfrnt 2
7 Forza Motorsport
8 Ghost Recon 2
9 Rainbow Six 3 BA
10 Rainbow Six 3

Taken from www.majornelson.com

Syntax said:
Care to name a few?

Also all because you may be bad at a game it doesn't mean the game itself is bad.

you can exlude me from being bad cause i was actually very good at it and im usually very good at just about every video game....are we naming 360 games only?

swiper said:
you can exlude me from being bad cause i was actually very good at it and im usually very good at just about every video game....are we naming 360 games only?

Go ahead and name some 360 games.

I totally agree the game was overated, I finished the game on hardcore in 12 or something hours. I know everyone is like " 3 million sold ” well what else did they come out with? Face it the game was pushed out so microsoft could compete in this console war. And I go as far to say H3 will be overated too, I mean the graphics on this game is souped H2. Three years and all you guys are bringin nice weapons, bigger maps, and a long overdue story. I hope someone send these a memo Fsp are starting to show thier age. My money is on two worlds.

Right now Rainbow Six is listed as the 3rd most played xbox live game and COD3 is 4th. However GoW is still number 1. Sorry but Rainbow and COD are nothing compared to Gears.

Back