Guitar Hero 3 Sexist?

For the most part games are a characterture of the real world, and a much exaggerated one at that. The game isn't saying that that is what every woman is like or should be like. The game isn't trying to make a political or social statement; it's trying to make a game that sells. And she's dressed like a whore for the same reason that there aren't many minorities as main characters in games, the majority of people buying games are white males. In my opinion it matters even less in this game though than most other since this game truly is about the game. This game wouldn't really lose anything if they had no characters at all, or terribly designed ones, you could basically have pacman up on the stage with a 3 pixel thing that represents a guitar and how would that change the game? I've never in my life played a guitar hero game and actually watched the character, even when i watch others play i don't watch their character, because it's one of the few games where the character isn't part of the game (like dance dance revolution and alike). The character is purely an animation to fill the screen; it serves no real purpose at all.

I just don't understand people getting bothered by the political incorrectness of gaming and other things. The developers were not trying to make a statement but some people take it as if they were. If you look hard enough at most things you can find something offensive, but if you chose to not look too deeply at something that wasn't meant to be you'll find that you'll tend to have a lot more fun.

The funny part is Activision gets a couple complaints on blogs and stuff but if Rockstar put this game out there would be feminazis in front of game stores trying to stop it from ever touching the shelves. haha

just my 2 hundreths of a buck
Kyle

i'm christian for the most part, and i take no offence to it at all, and if i made a game that i put a lot of effort into, and people were offended over little bits, than i would be offended

I find the game to sterotype a lot, (i.e. the black guy) but so what? they probably just wanted to base one of their characters on jimmy hendrix.....but since the two characters have the same characteristics and their both black....[sarcasm]that is racist[/sarcasm]

I really don't see how making one of their characters a bit sluttish sexist at all....how is it? It's not saying ALL girls are sex object, it's saying that particular character wants to show off her body and may want to have sex..

people just find an excuse to get pissed off

@CLOSE-no, i wouldn't......not the slightest bit....why would i?

mushroomedmario said:
i'm christian for the most part

@CLOSE-no, i wouldn't......not the slightest bit....why would i?

I'm Catholic for the most part and I do. :lol:

It discriminates women as if all of them were sluts.

surfanimal said:
Breaking news: Sex Sells!

Breaking news: YOUR A NOOB.

Simply pwned. But I was just simply kidding.

As a white male, he doesn’t have to worry so much about this kind of thing.

I'd like to know how many white males here find that statement to be racist. How dare she discriminate against her husband by saying he doesn't understand discrimination? Does one have to be of a certain color or gender to understand discrimination or to be discriminated against? I say pffft to that.

As for the game, yes, it may depict women in an unsavory light (although one has to admit, most women in the rock/Hollywood/celebrity world lead unsavory lives). Personally I find the characters in the game ridiculous and I think the game's creators anticipated that most people would not take them seriously.

... I think that was pretty dumb lol. Understandable, but still pretty dumb. She must be really into the game if she is taking the new outfit that offensively. Anyways I would be playing the game for the gameplay, not playing the game to see if they made the women sluts <.<

[Although she still brings up solid points for her side :wtf: ]

Oh God, not one of these again...it's as bad as RE5 supposedly being racist.

Eagles said:
My advice to this woman, get over it.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Lewi T said:
Oh God, not one of these again...it's as bad as RE5 supposedly being racist.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I could. SHUT UP FEMINIST ! :lol:

New Female Guitarist announced for GHIV:pCBSR(Guitar Hero IV: Politically Correct but Still Rockin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Joan_Baez=0171_100105_dg_0006-jb.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I kinda have to agree with this post, all media pretty much promotes the use of sluts *LOL*...and it is pretty rediculous.......but again, most games do this, sex does sell, and the companies are only worried about the financial profit......

sarasota said:
sex does sell, and the companies are only worried about the financial profit......

Exactly, the game developers aren't figuring out how to make the world better nor are they figuring out how to destroy it. They just want to make money, and lots of it. Do i think they were trying to imply anything with the way they designed the character? absolutely not. But fact of the matter is if they did in fact put a character based on Joan Baez, it wouldn't sell as well. They designed the character based off of a punk chick, some female singers do wear 1/2 an outfit, they used one of them. If they were trying to say anything with how she's dressed i think it's more of "look! this chick is badass" not "look! this girls a slut just like all of you." Some of you are just looking at it seriously when it was never meant to be.

Does cooking mama cookoff discriminate because it says that only woman can cook? or better yet, woman should be doing the cooking?
No it doesn't, it's a stupid game meant to entertain people who are interested, if you aren't interested... just like it's been said a million times... don't play.

kyle

its just a game, who really cares if theres slut with a bad outfit in it? ITS A ****ing VIDEOGAME

videogames are made for fun, and people obviously have fun playing this game, and the slut is just part of the game, and doesnt affect the fun part

ITS JUST A VIDEOGAME i cant believe the women who wrote is offended by a VIDEOGAME and thinks its sexist

Back