Halo3 Vs Ssbb :/..

To be honest I believe that Halo 3 will most likely outsell Super Smash Brothers Brawl. The main reason being is that without the Halo trilogy xbox wouldn't have been as popular as it is today. Thus I also expect to see console sales for the xbox 360 rise over the next month or so considering the fact that some Halo 2 gamers were holding off until the release of H3 before purchasing an Xbox 360.

In terms of which game is better it's hard to compare two completely different games. As mentioned above Halo 3 is a FPS game whereas SSBB is a fighter.

@Jake

The same can be said about some SSBB fans. So I don't exactly see what you're getting at. I'm not trying to start anything and or insult anyone but in a sense any die hard fan will most likely over exaggerate their favourite game whether or not their a fanboy. Also everybody has a different opinion of a game so if they mention that they prefer H3 over SSBB due to graphics and or the campaign mode it doesn't mean their a fanboy. It just means they like one game over the other.

Last edited:
Yes, I believe that Brawl will definetely sell more copies here in the US than Halo copies, now if we add the copies sold in Japan, dear God..Just remember that a very huge quantity of people have Wiis and they most likely will buy Brawl. I too am a loyal fan of Nintendo like you, and I am one of those who, by no means, would buy those Halo games, all I own in videogames is Nintendo.

konomaroh said:
halo will probably win in terms of sales but i think that ssbb should win. because halo is just another fps but the ssb sereies is original.
righttttttt
just another fps, i love that one.

Hey I thought you didn't like Halo, Sovieto, don't contradict yourself now

Personally I don't care nor see why we need to compare Halo 3 with a game coming out in December. Why does it have to be Brawl, why not Galaxy etc. Is brawl the only game that stands a "chance". Personally I don't think so.

Also, both games are good for what they do to both company's. They are both going to sell well no doubt, they get the job done there we go. I do not see the big deal.

{Axtlár} said:
Hey I thought you didn't like Halo, Sovieto, don't contradict yourself now
ive always been respectful for what halo is, ill defend it if people are calling it things like that cause they are ignorant and dont understand why halo is so popular.
btw i did buy halo (even though i dont like it) and i dont like it..this is until they add 2 modes...the only 2 modes i enjoy playing. :)
you have to understand... all other games are sucked clean of players and nearly EVERYONE on your friends list is playing Halo 3....its sickening, its like you have to buy it... :mad5:

krisv2010 said:
yea ok CyanRussel im definitely a microsoft fanboy.....especially since i don't have or plan on getting a xbox 360 in the near future and that i have a wii and a ps2/3. yep definitely a microsoft fanboy DEFINITELY.
just because one game from microsoft is better than a nintendo game doesn't make you a fanboy.
Yea....that makes me wonder too..

Heres your quote...it does make you sound like it

(I dont believe you though, you probaly do have a 360, alot of ppl say they dont but they do)

krisv2010 said:
halo 3 definitely because i dont see what you guys like so much about ssbb it has no story line, bad graphics, and is sooo repetitive. halo 3 gives you so much more and with great graphics. halo 3 will definitely sell more

Bold-You sound like a fanboy....oh and uh, graphics without gameplay is not going to take you anywhere

Vedelkin10 was right-(GRAPHICS VS GAMEPLAY) But in the end where is the gameplay with no graphics I'll tell you RIGHT WENT PONG WAS MADE BABY.. IT WAS ALL ABOUT GAMEPLAY AND CONTROL.. D<

Underline-Is just opinion...in the SSB series, everyone of the sold just as much or more than Halo..

halo 3 is definately a great game and ne1 who says otherwise needs to consider the amount of copies sold... the facts don't lie

i personaly would prefer brawl... but i think Halo 3 will outsell brawl in USA but i doubt it world wide

the reason why these games can be compared(despite the different genres..) is that halo is gonna be the best selling multiplayer game for 360, and brawl would be the same for nintendo

but comparing them in terms of sales i would say it will be close

ssb(n64)-5 mil
ssbm(cube)-6 mil

xbox
halo-5 mil
halo 2-9 mil

however wii has more sales than the 360 this gen, where last gen xbox had twice as many units sold as gamecube

about half of the cube owners bought ssbm
and a third(but more) of xbox owners bought halo 2....

however the wii target a different audience....so i don't think it'll be in half of all wii-owner's hands.....but the wii is hardcore successful, so you never know how much sales ssbb will sell, it will be a lot, wither or not it beats halo 3 is semi-irrelevant

No chance SSBB will outsell Halo3

Halo has such a huge fan base. Halo is a franchise that so many people enjoy. Ever notice how a whole lot of Halo fan aren't really "gamers"? Sure a lot of Halo fans are true gamers, to say, but a lot of them are also people who just own an X-box to play sports games, Halo, and Gears. It's not very likely to find games like Fable, or Oblivion in their collection. Just the 2k sports series, and Halo. Halo has such an appeal that people in every target audience are likely to pick up a copy, even if they are not a fan of the franchise.

The bulk of SSBB sales are going to come from the Nintendo "fan boy" base. Don't try to disillusion yourself, the percentage of SSBB sales that come from people new to Nintendo is going to be incredibly small compared to the percentage of buyers who are already familiar with the series.

That's why SSBB is NOT going to outsell Halo 3.

I'm actually getting a 360 and Halo 3 for Christmas. I've kinda alway wanted a 360, cause it actually has some really good games....new Fable, anyone?.... And after playing Halo 3 with the 6 people on my floor who got it last night, I'm hooked. I never liked Halo cause I never actually sat donw and played it for more than 5 minutes before saying "F*** this, I suck so I quit." But 3 is just so much fun. I also played Gears of War for the first time recently.....damn that's a fun game.

SoUL said:
The things you said up there pretty much label you as a Halo/Microsoft fanboy and also, you made no sense. You're comparing 2 games from two diferent worlds, Halo is a FPS while smash is a fighting game. Its like comparing Final Fantasy with Mario Party. :lol: If you love Halo so much, go to a Halo forum and gtfo SSBB forums. Kthxbai ^^

Yeah sorry to double post...but I just wanted to emphasize how people don't read the effing topic. We're not comparing the games, idiot. We're comparing the sales. Each of these games come from what have been long considered top selling franchises for their respective systems. We're just talking about if the underdog (SSBB) can outsell Halo3

Back