Halo3 Vs Ssbb :/..

If you love Halo so much, go to a Halo forum and gtfo SSBB forums. Kthxbai ^^

Even though this may be a Wii based forum it doesn't mean members have to find a new forum. Also this forum, wii chat, isn't solely based on the Wii. There are sections for discussions of the Xbox 360, Play Station 3, A entertainment lounge, graphics design lounge etc.

Finally as I stated in my previous post if you're going to compare Halo 3 to that of SSBB you must understand that the Halo trilogy was the main reason behind the high sales of both the Xbox and Xbox 360 consoles.

tank said:
We're not comparing the games, idiot.

That was a little unnecessary. Though it pains me to say it - Halo 3 will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The hype surrounding Halo is so much greater than that of SSBB.

That being said, SSBB will still sell outstandingly well.

Halo 3 is for nubs. Crysis is the real dominant shooter this year.

------------------------

On topic, i think Halo 3 will dominate sales in the beginning because those who want it will have bought it on the first day and sales will slowly dwindle. SSB is different because it appeals to more than just hardcore gamers, kids and old school gamers alike, since the game isn't rated M. Of course the hardcore gamers and fanboys will definitely buy it on release date. It's not as hyped as Halo 3 of course but over time, it's sales will be decent. Halo 3 isn't popular everywhere, like Japan. But here in North America, it's been hyped up so much and that's why we have all the halo 3 G4 crap.

im gonna have to say that ssbb will come out on top for total sales in the long run, just because:
1: microsoft has NO HYPE in japan, and wii is dominating in console sales in both U.S. and japan, its already outsold microsoft in console sales (already a fact)
2: u have to think, if hardly anyone has a xbox 360 in japan,....whose gonna buy the game over there....

but both are great games in their own way, i personally have more fun with fighting games than fps (MP3 was great though).

I am not too sure about which game will have better sales, but something at the back of my mind tells me that Halo 3 may sell more copies overall than SSBB. Don't get me wrong, as I am very much looking forward to SSBB, but this is something which is simply at the back of my mind.

tank said:
Yeah sorry to double post...but I just wanted to emphasize how people don't read the effing topic. We're not comparing the games, idiot. We're comparing the sales. Each of these games come from what have been long considered top selling franchises for their respective systems. We're just talking about if the underdog (SSBB) can outsell Halo3

My post was a response to the other guy. He WASNT comparing sales, he was comparing Halo 3 graphics against the graphics of SSBB which is totally irrelevant because of obvious reasons. Thats why I said ''its like comparing Final Fantasy to Mario Party''. You should first understand what I said before calling me an ''idiot'', idiot.

Syntax said:
Even though this may be a Wii based forum it doesn't mean members have to find a new forum. Also this forum, wii chat, isn't solely based on the Wii. There are sections for discussions of the Xbox 360, Play Station 3, A entertainment lounge, graphics design lounge etc.

Sorry, but I really hate how people start saying ''SSBB SUCKS AND HAS BAD GRAPHICS'' (like he did) on a SSBB forum.

Last edited:
Id expect Halo 3 to sell more in North America and Europe. Obviously in Japan SSBB will sell more as the 360 has such a small market share there.

Worldwide sales could be close though.

As for Halo 3 being better than SSBB due to story or graphics, that is a null point really. Most people seem to think that multiplayer is where its at in Halo and the single player storyline is the weakest part of the game. So basically they are both great (mainly multiplayer) games despite being totally different generes.

Sorry, but I really hate how people start saying ''SSBB SUCKS AND HAS BAD GRAPHICS'' (like he did) on a SSBB forum.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If the other person doesn't like the Super Smash Bro's series that's his choice. Also seeing as this is a thread comparing both H3 and SSBB it should be expected that some members are going to post saying that SSBB sucks or Halo 3 sucks.

mushroomedmario said:
the reason why these games can be compared(despite the different genres..) is that halo is gonna be the best selling multiplayer game for 360, and brawl would be the same for nintendo

but comparing them in terms of sales i would say it will be close

ssb(n64)-5 mil
ssbm(cube)-6 mil

xbox
halo-5 mil
halo 2-9 mil

however wii has more sales than the 360 this gen, where last gen xbox had twice as many units sold as gamecube

about half of the cube owners bought ssbm
and a third(but more) of xbox owners bought halo 2....

however the wii target a different audience....so i don't think it'll be in half of all wii-owner's hands.....but the wii is hardcore successful, so you never know how much sales ssbb will sell, it will be a lot, wither or not it beats halo 3 is semi-irrelevant
are you sure? according to nexgenwars 360 took the lead again. wasnt this the #1 source for your wii > 360 sales?
oh and thats a weird number for halo 2 sales...2-9?? its 6.5.

Last edited:
I'm not a fanboy (well actually I hate the Microsoft corporation... it's eeeevil I tell you!) but I truly think Halo will sell more. I just think there are more people aware of the Halo trademark than Smash Bros.

halo will sell more. but SSBB will be the better game as in actually game play... my brother got halo3 on launch and he said he beat it in 5 hrs....you cant tell a good game story in 5 hrs and this is supposed to be the end of the halo series right? you would think their single player would take longer than 5hrs. i dont understand why halo is what it is.. i think the game is horrible, but i did play counter-strike since it came out years ago so in my opinion no FPS compares to what CS is.

Back