Harmonix: No DLC for Rock Band Wii...Yet

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
As soon as I received the press release announcing Rock Band Wii's ship date, I emailed back to find out what the deal would be when it comes to downloadable content.

Both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions have it and Rock Band gamers have been responsible for more than six million downloads so Nintendo would certainly support it... right? Right? Guys?

Not so much.

Regarding downloadable content: During Rock Band for the Wii development Harmonix focused on making the core gameplay experience as solid and enjoyable as possible while tailoring it specifically to the strengths of the platform. The Wii version still contains the robust four-player band experience and all the fun at the core of other versions of Rock Band. However, because the Wii's online capabilities and potential have yet to be fully realized, we wanted to wait before we explored online functionality for Rock Band to ensure that players get the high-quality of online performance they've come to expect.

Way to stick to your online-gaming-hating ways Nintendo. I'm sure one of these days someone over at Nintendo Japan is going to wake up and suddenly realize that there's this neat thing called the Internet.

I contacted Nintendo for comment but haven't heard back yet, maybe they forgot my Friend Code.

lol linkage

Thats weak, they need to add that or its a waste of a purchase in my opinion. The game is only so fun for so long with the same songs and everyone probably knows them all by now anyway.

:shocked: Here's my thoughts right now:
-why are we paying full price for basically a PS2 version?
-why can't we get DLC through the wii shop?
-why are we getting this 4 months later?!

However, because the Wii's online capabilities and potential have yet to be fully realized, we wanted to wait before we explored online functionality for Rock Band to ensure that players get the high-quality of online performance they've come to expect.

-when is nintendo going to get serious about online? Isn't that basically saying the because Nintendo does not have a great online system, we are robbed from any feature that would involve the *GASP* INTERNET!! :yikes:

Pegasus said:
:shocked: Here's my thoughts right now:
-why are we paying full price for basically a PS2 version?
-why can't we get DLC through the wii shop?
-why are we getting this 4 months later?!

-when is nintendo going to get serious about online? Isn't that basically saying the because Nintendo does not have a great online system, we are robbed from any feature that would involve the *GASP* INTERNET!! :yikes:

Its not just the wii shop, the song packs for the XBOX360 and PS3 are quite large in size (75MB for 3 songs or something like that). With the wii's not so large internal memory, and the inability of the games to pull memory from the flash drive(I thought this was the case, could be wrong though). There is really no space for the extra songs to be placed on the wii. The addition of an external hard drive via the back usb ports could be a solution, but an expensive one most likely due to firmware needed for the wii to realize the drive.

All in all unless they figure out something this game is going to be a flop. Waste of money w/o online and DLC.

It is what it is. Go buy another system if you want.
:hand: I wish it were that easy! Sorry that I don't have like $400+ to blow on an Xbox and Rock Band lol

Back