Blahhh
Jan 28, 2007
Wii Online Code
7162-8575-3268-1906
my ipod was taken up from my principle right
well in the school handbook
where my parents and i had to sign said
"any eletronics will not be tolerated during class and will be conviscated
and turned in to the local police station within 3 days where the parent of the child must go pick the item up along with a 15$ fee"

so its been 12 days and my priniciple has my ipod
if my parents had to sign i think it was a contract of agreement
and it has his signature on it
could i sue because he broke the contract?

or acuse him of stealing?

how can a principle steal something?

(but in all seriousness, i would just tlak to your principal, and ask for it back, that way if he does give to you, you might be able to save 15 dollars)

i did ask for him to give it back & he says that hes busy
but wouldnt it be little more simple
if he did what the contract said
and turn it into the police staion
and its stealing because he took it
and he hasnt done what the contract says

If you knew the policy regarding electronic equipment why did you still take your iPod into class?

because i knew the consequences for it
its like stealing a bank and the judge orders 50 yrs in prison
but you dont get out

No. You would have to sue the school board. Have fun with that.

Why don't you have your parents schedule a meeting with the principal? In that meeting, point out the language of the handbook and request that he/she complies.

Suing is not an intelligent solution when you are looking at at item that you should not have had in the first place, and that only cost a few hundred dollars. I doubt that you could even get a lawyer to take the case. Unless your Uncle/cousin/brother is one. :wtf:

Besides, you violated the contract first. Now, you are bitching about someone else doing the same?

From the looks of your post (and the thread title), your efforts need to be focused more on the academics of school.

Principle is not the same as Principal. Think of it this way: The Principal of your school is a person and can be your pal. A principle is not a person. That is how I was taught to keep it straight. Perhaps you were listening to your iPod during that lesson?

Last edited:
ummm. I'm no law major.....

But I'm pretty sure when a contract is drawn up and signed, BOTH parties must comply with the terms put forth.

wait wait wait, so the principle has got ur ipod in his office still, and its ment to go to the cops, thats the most bigest bunch of bullshit ive ever heard..! all that hapens at our school is when its confiscated the parent has to come in and pick it up at the end of the day from the office, no fee or cops r involved, thats absolute rubish, i belive, if its not locked up u should go into his office when he aint around and take back what is yours. if he dont find out u took it, he will have to buy u a new one :p

AtomicB said:
So you broke the rules, got punished, and now you want to sue?
Idiot.

You wanna hear a retarded story read this... its actually true.

That's like mugging a man, getting put in jail, and than trying to sue the person you mugged for putting you in jail.

Actually there was a case where a person was robbing another persons house. The robber climbed onto the roof and fell through the glass window at the top, upon falling he fell on a knife in the persons kitchen.
The person who owned the house was sued by the robber for having a dangerous household enviroment that endangered his life:lol: .
The sad part about this is that the robber actually won the case and was awarded money. I found it ironic how he actually "robbed"
the person of their money in the end.:lol:

d_k said:
my ipod was taken up from my principle right
well in the school handbook
where my parents and i had to sign said
"any eletronics will not be tolerated during class and will be conviscated
and turned in to the local police station within 3 days where the parent of the child must go pick the item up along with a 15$ fee"

so its been 12 days and my priniciple has my ipod
if my parents had to sign i think it was a contract of agreement
and it has his signature on it
could i sue because he broke the contract?

or acuse him of stealing?

Just ask your parents to tell him to uphold his end of the deal. Personally, you were pretty stupid to bring one to class knowing the consequences. If it really didn't matter to you, you wouldn't be posting.

@laderer5, I heard of that story and I felt bad for the damn residents.
delta38 said:
if its not locked up u should go into his office when he aint around and take back what is yours. if he dont find out u took it, he will have to buy u a new one :p
Yep, great idea. Then you can be arrested for breaking and entering, and possibly stolen property.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back