how hard...

well i called walmart 10 till midnight on launch to see if they had a place in line
on the phone they told me yes.. and i live 2 mins from walmart went up there and they told me they didnt have any. so i went to best buy put myself on the list got a 2 liter of mt.dew and sat in the front of bestbuy for 9hrs.

My Wii was also a gift fromy my parents for getting good grades. But they said I had to take care of the ordering since they are just providing the money. So I searched everywhere online and finally managed to get one pre-ordered with Argos.co.uk at the last minute. I consider myself VERY lucky to have a Wii.

I walked up to Target 2 hours before they opened on the 19th of November and waited in a line. An hour after they opened I walked out with a Wii and some accessories.

I will never pre-order something like this. I have heard so many people getting screwed over with game stop and EB that I only go there if I can't find the game or accessory at any other place.

Good thread

Man getting the Wii was really bad...
I had the money to buy the Wii and LoZ:TP, no problem with cash...
There was a store with the game, but no Wii, I went to more stores in search for the Wii. Entered in like 5 stores, but no Wii, just launch games.
I was getting sick of that, so instead of going to the stores, just went to home, and phoned other stores:
(Me) - Hey, do you have any Nintendo Wii in store??
(Employe) - Let me check that out.

*waits for like 10 minutes*

(Employe) - Sorry, we sold our Wiis today.
(Me) - Oh really, ok thanks.

*frustration*

And this phone calls repeats like 5 more times...
I did one more call, and the answer was FU**ING YES.

Now I have a Wii and 5 games, and I love it...

Last edited:
ordered it at 10 different stores, on december 8th ( european release date ) I got mine early february. Afther that, I got 9 more ( from the other shops I preordered ) and sold em all with 50 bucks profit :p

On Christmas, my parents gave me a little box with an IOU in it, saying they owe me a Wii since they couldn't find one around that time. Since my bday was in early February, they found one at our local Wal Mart, picked it up, and a new tv for my birthday.

So it was like getting two presents in one!

I started searching for mine a couple days after the release date (10th december-ish) which was when I joined these forums :) Anyway I had just woke up on the 22nd December so I popped onto Amazon and there they were in stock. I guess I was just in the right place at the right time, good luck getting your Wii.

nintendoman07 said:
I sat outside a Best Buy all night on the release day just so my friend could get one. I still don't have one.

Why isn't your friend sitting outside best buy all night to get you one?

No offense to any one but im laughing at all these my dad waited in line for me and my parents are being lame and not buying me one there so lame. Oh lol it is funny :arf: . Here in Austrlia you could walk into a store and buy one but now I see signs saying "Sorry no Wii systems in stock" and "Wii back in stock hurry!". I was second to get mine in Canberra which is cool beat some freaky nerd wearing a homemade perfect dark t-shirt who thought he deserved one because he was a huge mega fan and hasn't showered his mum tried to buy the number two ticket of me and same for my friend who had number one(this guy was 30 or so btw)

Skorp said:
Why isn't your friend sitting outside best buy all night to get you one?

Cuz he's a prick! lol jk I honestly don't wanna go through that again I had to sit in my Ford Focus all night and pee behind a tree. It wasn't fun. I'll just have to wait patiently I guess.

I went to many different stores on launch day with my dad. Luckily they were all within about two miles of each other, but it was just annoying to get in and out of the car time after time. It was roughly six stores until we hit Sears where I waited in line for about an hour to hear them have two Wii's in stock. There were about 15 people there and to get the Wii, we had to do a raffle. Anyways, I entered my name and then my dad entered his name and on the second drawing, they pulled my dads name. I was so relieved.
Yep, so that's my story.

Back