How is Sears getting all these Wiis?

rofljeff

WiiChat Member
Jun 19, 2007
I was using Wiitracker and Sears seem to be getting Wiis to sell every few hours or so. How is Sears getting all these Wiis and nowhere else barley have any? :shocked: o.o

Sears? WTF?

I Never Knew Sears Had Wii's In The First Place. :wtf:

It all seem to be sold out in less than 5 minutes though x.x I haven't even gotten a chance to click shopping cart before its all sold out. >.>

Not every Sears sells electronics like video games anymore. I know the ones around here stopped doing it years ago.

I'm guessing Sears stocked up on Wii's and since everyone hounded the Walmarts, Gamestops, and Toys'r'us', they had a bunch, and now they're releasing them little by little, though I don't know why considering they are at standard price and there's no need to simulate a shortage.

That's where I got my Wii. From Sears on launch day, they only had two and did a raffle and well yeah....
But I was rather surprised that day to know Sears actually had some Wii's in stock.

Man, honestly, I'm surprised people are still having trouble finding Wii's. Not for the fact that everyone should have them already or something, but I'm just kinda surprised they're STILL selling out so fast.

Agreed. I havn't seen a Wii in the store since launch day, which was a little over seven months ago. It's kinda like "Woah..."

Krusnik said:
Agreed. I havn't seen a Wii in the store since launch day, which was a little over seven months ago. It's kinda like "Woah..."

I managed to find some at a small gaming store in a nearby town. That is pretty much it for northeast Iowa.

Get this. So I had a wii that I got at launch but sold it around Christmas. I decided I want another one a week ago so I went everywhere and couldn't find one. So I decided to go on ebay and just set the parameter to search for auctions within 100 miles of my zip code. I found one within 30 miles and called them and asked if I bought it out if I could just pick it up.

So I bought it out for $315 + $30 shipping + $21~ in tax because the auction was in state.

Well when I got there they told me how they just opened the store 2 months prior and they really like local business and how they prefer people use store credit to money because they really like it when people come back. So they told me they would make me a deal and just sell me the wii for $290 since that is how much they were selling them in the store when they got a hold of one. So basically they saved me like $50-$60. And on top of they they told me they would give me half off any older wii game or $20 off any brand new game since I just bought a wii their.

The store was called Triple Play and it's a video game store/sports memorabilia store and it is ran by these awesome guys.

Moral of this story; I like talking about myself.

Back