How is Sears getting all these Wiis?

Wii_Smurf said:
j00 i5 4 l053r

Should have waited lol

I know places like best buy/target/wal-mart have no idea when they are getting in new shipments. So it's not just a matter of waiting but you literally have to go there and check regularly which becomes an inconvenience.

Using other forums it is easy to know when Best Buy/Target/Wal-mart will have them in stock. In fact you can goto Target yourself and check if they are hiding them in the stock room by entering a code on the price check machines.

ciper said:
Using other forums it is easy to know when Best Buy/Target/Wal-mart will have them in stock. In fact you can goto Target yourself and check if they are hiding them in the stock room by entering a code on the price check machines.

I have a friend who works at best buy, another at target, and another at wal-mart. And all of them have mentioned that they are not told when they are getting more wiis. They don't know until someone goes over the inventory sheet when they get new shipments of stuff.

And I dunno about other places but I know here there are none stockpiled, they are just all bought up the moment they come in. Mostly probably by chronic Ebay sellers.

Did I say to ask employees?

The other forums have inside information for the weekly advertisements and can tell you far ahead of time when they will have them in stock.

And I dunno about other places but I know here there are none stockpiled, they are just all bought up the moment they come in.
Not true, even in your area. Sunday advertisements are made with time to spair and the store is required to have a certain number of units if advertised.

ciper said:
Did I say to ask employees?

The other forums have inside information for the weekly advertisements and can tell you far ahead of time when they will have them in stock.

Not true, even in your area. Sunday advertisements are made with time to spair and the store is required to have a certain number of units if advertised.

Only problem is, they haven't had the wii console in any of these weekly ads for quite a while.

Koukin said:
Man, honestly, I'm surprised people are still having trouble finding Wii's. Not for the fact that everyone should have them already or something, but I'm just kinda surprised they're STILL selling out so fast.

Until production methods advance to increase output (Industy's excuse), this will happen with new consoles :(

I work at Sears in the electronics dept and we don't get many at all. I am in an average sized store. We're a 3 out of 5. Since November we may have gotten 30 -something wii's. Our last shipment we got 7, and that was probably 3 weeks ago.

I got mine on launch from the best buy 200 yards away. They had 60 that morning, we had 2. Sears is gay and wouldn't let me buy one since i was an employee.

Last edited:
I thought it was more strange that CompUSA was selling Wiis considering how badly the business is doing. They have been closing stores left and right recently. From my best guess they will have closed over half of the stores by now with more to come.

You pretty much just gotta get lucky to find one. My mom called a store at like 8 o'clock in the morning, and there were like 10 ppl in the store, and somehow they had one. She rushed up there, and they stillhad it.

WiiMyHomie said:
You pretty much just gotta get lucky to find one. My mom called a store at like 8 o'clock in the morning, and there were like 10 ppl in the store, and somehow they had one. She rushed up there, and they stillhad it.
Luck! Or patience, I pre-ordered mine (well after they came out) and a few days later, not long at all, they rang and said come and get it in 3 days or were selling it (obviously not as harshly), that afternoon I was in school so my mum went and collected it for me... Come to think of it, she was the one who went to the shop to pre-order it in the first place.

Last edited:
Back