i-pod or no i-pod

I really like my 30 gig video iPod, and the new Touches look pretty sweet. Only thing is I may need an 80 gig here in a bit, my 30 is almost full up. In then end I would definitely recommend it.

My family gave me an Ipod for the holidays (the 'classic' one) and I love it. It probably has the most options, except for the Zune which has wireless syncing, than any of the other MP3 players out there and the widest availablity of 3 party add ons like cases and speakers.
Two things to add,
1) if you don't like ITunes, and many don't, you can use a program called MediaMonkey to manage the music on your Ipod. The basic version is free, just go to Mediamonkey.com and download it. This program is a very highly rated media manager and will even manage your podcasts for you. However, it won't connect to the itunes store, you'll still have to use itunes for that.
2) If you still end up using Itunes you can go into the advanced options tab and tell the program to rip music into *.mp3 format. That's what I do since that way I can also put the mp3's onto a cd and play them on my car stereo.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Mom

Definitely get one. You won't regret it. I have a 30GB 5G, (video) but that is getting a little dated, so I want to get an iPhone, or an iPod touch. But my music won't fit on either of them, so I will probably end up getting an iPod classic too.

And for ****s sake, people, it is iPod. Not Ipod, or I-Pod.

Meh just get a normal MP3 player

Theres to much messin round with iTunes before you put music on it

I bought an iPod Nano a few months ago and I am still very happy with my purchase. If you do not already have another MP3 player or something similar, then I would recommend it.

I have a 4gb ipod nano(Last gen). I spent 180$, and quite frankly I don't see why I did it. There are many 'generic' mp3 players for the same space and less money. And some have more features.

PRINNY FOR THE WIN!

I'm a creative fanboy, superior audio quality. ^_^

BUUUUT, if you're on about looking good and spending too much on it, an iPod is definitely what you're looking for.

AND I SO BEAT EMMA HERE.

As people have probably determined from my posts, I'm not a big fan of Apple - let's say, I'm ambivalent, in my (current) business I'm involved with PC platforms, and for fun I use those same machines. Apple just doesn't factor in (though surprisingly, I've probably owned more Macs than most people :D )

We do however, have an 80GB iPOD - because in the most distilled version our usage, it plays back music - without issue.

I loaded the device with music (MP3) , video (MP4) and several hundred pics (JPG) and I don't have iTunes installed on my machine - I use Anapod from RedChair ($15) - it's a direct drag-n-drop, which also extends the iPOD for use an external data drive (I understand there's another 3rd party product along these lines). Without an option to skip iTunes, it would have been a deal breaker.

I've also hacked on a copy of the RockBox OS which I think is amazing (though the video support is only so-so) - the music management kicks ass, supports album art *and* supports FLAC audio for lossless playback.

The stock phones are so-so, pick up some Shure E3C's or equivalent.

The form factor seems about perfect - the display is big enough for the occasional video/photo use, (also has outstanding brightness, again current model) while remaining small enough to fit into a pocket and easily operate with one hand.

The final determining factor for us (vs. my 2nd choice of a Zune) was the huge market of 3rd party products: we were able to easily find a nice softcase (DLO) a solid waterproof case for beach/boat use (Otterbox), a decent room/speaker system with dock/remote/charging (Bose) and in looking at high end car A/V head units, I see +most+ offering tight integration with an iPOD (full integrated menus, the UI, playlists, etc.).

FWIW, I have zero interest in any other Apple product including the iPhone (I feel my HTC 8525 running WM6.0 is outstanding!) - but in the case of the iPOD, it filled our want/need for a portable, high capacity MP3 [and occasional video] player!

Later ~

DT

^^^whoa huge post but i read it i totally agree with you i not much of an apple fan anymore when i dropped my ipod in the water and got destroyed:lol:

Abes16 said:
^^^whoa huge post but i read it i totally agree with you i not much of an apple fan anymore when i dropped my ipod in the water and got destroyed:lol:

*ouch*

An Otterbox is your friend :lol:

I got an 80GB Classic iPod. It's real good, the only thing I don't like about it is that it's not compatible with 3rd party TV connections.

i have a 30gb video ipod and i would suggest buying the 80gb ipod. Dont get the nano because it has such a small hard drive that you could only fit like maybe 12 movies on it, and thats if you get the 8gb one, not including all the music, too. The 80 gb model has 10 times the storage space of the nano, and its only $50 more.

I have an 80gb iPod classic and i love it.Its easy to use and not very expensive.But watch some reviews and just look around see what on sale and see if you like.:smilewinkgrin:

ipods are awesome i have a 160gb classic =D
to much memory imo but i have used up 100 gb
so yea i like the touch alot but to little memory
and high price

Back