i-pod or no i-pod

Meh, every iPod I've had has shitted out on me within a year (but hooray applecare!)

I just got tired of wiping my iPod/nano/shuffle/video only for it to stop working, and then me taking it to an apple store to get replaced.

Then, I got a blackberry curve. Works better, plays video, push e-mail, and phone. Much more convenient.

bamawii said:
ok - so someone tell me what they like about the video aspect.......what do you use it for?
Well, my girlfriend uses the video aspect to watch movies, clips, and TV shows. The iPod supports DivX files, so you can go to sites like Joox.net and download videos to put on it.

And as far as cheap, here is one that I'm looking at:

Click Here.
This is the cheapest one I've found anywhere.

I would get one! I have a nano (1st gen) and video, 5.5 i think....

Anyways the video is ok, i have some movies (oh i have the 80gb) and tv shows, i convert mine but it has a ipod setting already there so i dunno the settings....

SensesFail said:
ipods are a waste of money IMO. i have a creative zen and it works just fine for me and it cost like a 1/3 of the cost i think (dunno, gift) but itouch is a nice mp3 player, if you really want an ipod, get that one.
What's funny is i didn't even know about any other MP3 players except for the iPod and some other one which i just forgot the name of. but zen actually looks pretty kick ass.. damnit i now want one, but how..

L O L. im glad im not the only one who loves scrubs

Zen website said:
Battery Life4
Enjoy up to 30 hours of your songs or 5 hours of video on a single charge. That's over a full day of music! Or 10 episodes of Scrubs!

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post.......I think I have just about decided to grab one of these. not sure - 40 or 80 but I will probably pick one up this weekend at my local Wal-Mart.

Thanks

bamawii said:
Thanks to everyone who replied to my post.......I think I have just about decided to grab one of these. not sure - 40 or 80 but I will probably pick one up this weekend at my local Wal-Mart.

Thanks
40 or 80 what? Are you talking about the HDD size? Because they are 80GB and 160GB.... (for the classic, the others are all way below 40)

i would get one if i were you
just be ready to wait a few days to convert your wma's to aac's.
it took iTunes 2 days to convert all my files

I actually meant to say 4G or 8G nano......the 8G is 199.00 and I think that will be the one for just 50 bucks more.

so what do you mean you had i-tunes convert your files......can someone explain that part?

i am an i-pod novice......please be patient.

It seems like the smart thing to do would be to pay a little more and get a classic with ten times the space. And it has to convert your songs if they are WMA because obviously Apple isn't going to support a Microsoft format, so it just converts them to AAC.

Work gave me an ipod nano for xmas, and I promptly passed it onto my partner. Installed itunes synced a heap of music.. and for the past 4 days she's been playing solitare on it.. *sigh*..

Yes, I am getting an iPod touch soon. It will be my first ipod, but I know that they are really cool.
My friend has "jailbroken" his and can play heaps of games and stuff on it, even Nintendo emulators on it! And a whole load of other cool crap I like but won't tell you.
They don't have a lot of space, but are the most innovative and cool.

paintba||er said:
It seems like the smart thing to do would be to pay a little more and get a classic with ten times the space.

I agree with this. The 8GB Nano is $199, and you can get an 80GB Classic for $250.

Back