I was thinkin of gettin a 360...but theres 1 problem

Buy one at Walmart, usually their return policy is if its broke bring it in get a new one. Thats what i did.

The RROD problem only effects a few consoles, not every one of them. Also if you were to get the three red rings of death you could always return it to the store you purchased it from for a replacement depending on the warranty and or you could send it in to Microsoft and have a new console shipped to you.

So your telling me, only some of them have this problem....cause this the only reason why i dont want 1

I know you said it....but i just want to be sure...you know

Me buying it, only for it to mess up the next day, week...will only piss me off

Yes, only some consoles have it. Its basically you either get lucky or you dont. I got unlucky the first time cause in the first 2 hours of owning a 360 i got the rings, took it back to Walmart and got a new one... It has worked ever since.

Take my advice, go to Walmart ask about their return policy, if you like it buy one. If you get the RARE rings of death then take it back get a new one.

It really isn't that rare with the older consoles, but these newer ones have had less problems then say mine which is almost a year old now. I would have to say you have less of a chance of getting the RROD now then people with older consoles.

I would say that the chance of a new console having the RROD problem is pretty low. Also my previous console, which was a year or two old, never faced the RROD problem. The only reason that I shipped mine in was because it had a broken video port which was due to forcing in the cables too much I believe. However, other than that it had no problems whatsoever.

Syntax said:
I would say that the chance of a new console having the RROD problem is pretty low. Also my previous console, which was a year or two old, never faced the RROD problem. The only reason that I shipped mine in was because it had a broken video port which was due to forcing in the cables too much I believe. However, other than that it had no problems whatsoever.
nah, id say its still pretty high, maybe but all the stuff about 1 and 3/4 consoles get it is all over. out of my friends list about 5 or 6 have gotten the red rings that i know of (i have 100 friends on it) there are probably more that have gotten it but they really dont mind since they know microsoft pays for everything and they each have a 3 year warranty. its more of a: woop i got the red rings i wont be on for a couple of weeks! than it is: omg red rings dooooooom! dooooooooooooooooooooooom!
all in all its better now and even if you do get it within the first 3 years of owning your console know that microsoft has you covered.

If you use a windows, the red ring of death shouldn't be too new to you. You must have at some stage had the blue screen of death pop up. Microsoft products working as they do... (in other words: not working for you slow ones)

Back