I was thinkin of gettin a 360...but theres 1 problem

CyanRussel said:
How DO I NOT get the 3 rings of light....anybody know..:scared:

Cause i will not get it b-cuz of that

hi CYAN...

the RRoD was usually caused by heat......so the best thing you can do, to tilt the odds in your favor, is to buy a unit made after july 3rd, 07......this will ensure it has the third heatsink on it.......(also HDMI on the preemie...)..

now, its a rumor,but supposedly, if you look on the side label, on the carton, anything higher than lot 734 might also have the 65 nm chip( falcon hardware)......which is supposed to run cooler also...

buy it at best buy....get the PRP (replacement plan....)...no worries...

Bro, do not let the red lights of death hinder your 360 purchase.

Microsoft now as a THREE year warranty on the system. By far, the best warranty of any system out there.

Be sure to save your receipt. I like to tape mine to the inside of the console box, so it doesn't get misplaced.

The Ring of Death was due to poor ventilation and overheating issues, but they have been improved.

Buy a 360, Call of Duty 4, and enjoy the hell out of it. It's a great system.

(Also...SHOULD you have a system failure, Microsoft has an EXCELLENT reputation for getting a new system out to you quickly. I personally had 2 systems fail over the past 2 years...and I had a brand new system within 1 week. They'll overnight you a box to ship yours back in, and the new system arrives very quickly. Hardly no down time!)

JPJ526 said:
Bro, do not let the red lights of death hinder your 360 purchase.

Microsoft now as a THREE year warranty on the system. By far, the best warranty of any system out there.

Be sure to save your receipt. I like to tape mine to the inside of the console box, so it doesn't get misplaced.

The Ring of Death was due to poor ventilation and overheating issues, but they have been improved.

Buy a 360, Call of Duty 4, and enjoy the hell out of it. It's a great system.

(Also...SHOULD you have a system failure, Microsoft has an EXCELLENT reputation for getting a new system out to you quickly. I personally had 2 systems fail over the past 2 years...and I had a brand new system within 1 week. They'll overnight you a box to ship yours back in, and the new system arrives very quickly. Hardly no down time!)

just so there are no misunderstandings......the 360 has a 1 year EVERYTHING warranty...the RRoD problem is covered for three years.....

i am thinking about getting a 360 too. i was also worried about the lights. but it seems like they got that covered now. i just may get me one of them 360's

Back