I was Thinking about getting a PS3...

jarred_buck

WiiChat Member
Jan 5, 2007
Is it better than a 360? Gameplay is important, more so than anything else. That's why I already got a wii. So which other do you recomend? Thank you!

Nahhh.... the xbox 360 has wayy better gameplay and it has the best online play for a console ever.

i have a ps3 & a wii, the wii is definitely fun, but the ps3 is mind blowing ... the only game ive played on the xbox360 is TW07, also played it on the PS3 and the PS3 was wayyyy better imo.

I have both the PS3 and Wii as well, I have also accrued some experience playing my friend's 360. Below is my opinion on all three systems...

PS3:

Pros: Great Graphics, Superior overall technology, Enormous amount of potential buried within, Blu-ray support, HDMI, BD + DVD + CD playback, Integrated hard drive, customization options (such as swappable hard drive), Ability to install other operating systems on the system, free online play, long system support cycle, quieter than the 360, motion sensing and rechargeable controller.

Cons: Not many software titles are available to date, high price, online features not as extensive as Xbox Live, no rumble (yet).

Xbox 360:

Now I don't own a 360 yet, so I am just going to list the stuff I know about the system from my experience, for the 360 owners, if I got something wrong or missed something, please correct me.

Pros: A huge library of great games including some great exclusive titles, great graphics, rumble in controller, cheaper than the PS3. Great media center feature that allows xBox to talk with your Windows based home PC. Great online features of xBox Live, DVD + CD playback.

Cons: No free online play, integrated hard drive not standard, wireless controller needs batteries, no HDMI output, more complex synchronization process of wireless controllers, uses DVD as game media (limited storage), proprietary to Windows networked environment, no motion sensing technology, very limited customization options.

Wii:

Pros: Innovative use of the gyroscopic motion sensing technology, in my opinion, the sensors in the Wii is somewhat better than the ones in the PS3. Revolutionary ways of gaming, Games are easy to play for people of all ages. Great for parties, integrated WiFi for Internet access, Virtual Console for downloading of tons of old school games. Cheapest of all 3 consoles

Cons: Not many software titles are available to date. The material used to build the console feels very cheap, old technology, no DVD playback, no HD support (Wii does support ED or 480p through a component connection), controllers need batteries, no great third party support.

If you want to be a serious gamer, 360 is the way to go. The 360 is really the console that is going to be going places. Better Games and its cheaper than the PS3.

Just trust me on this one and stay far far away from the PS3.

Ok, one thing i do not know and no I am not searching but what is 2nd or 3rd party mentioned from Hondan?

I wouldn't say the 360 is better, but I wouldn't say the PS3 is better than the 360 either. Mostly depends on the games you want... I'm more into Tekken and Final Fantasy, so I'd prefer the PS3. If you want games like that, generally RPG games, I'd recommend the PS3, that's my opinion. If you like FPS or any shooting games in general, I'd recommend the 360, your choice!

Celestial said:
I wouldn't say the 360 is better, but I wouldn't say the PS3 is better than the 360 either. Mostly depends on the games you want... I'm more into Tekken and Final Fantasy, so I'd prefer the PS3. If you want games like that, generally RPG games, I'd recommend the PS3, that's my opinion. If you like FPS or any shooting games in general, I'd recommend the 360, your choice!

I would say PRG on 360 all the way ... think Fable 2 and Oblivion lol.

chwisch87 said:
I would say PRG on 360 all the way ... think Fable 2 and Oblivion lol.

Well I never really liked Fable, but Oblivion is great, its coming out on the PS3 too though, so I'd still say PS3 for me. But the only reason I think this is for Final Fantasy, favourite game, if 360 had Final Fantasy games, 11 doesn't count, I would probably think more of the 360, but still buy the PS3 because well.. I'm just used to playing it on the Playstation and Playstation 2.

I would say dont get XBOX360 (XBOX2). It came out like 2 Novembers ago. Think of PS3 as the Mercedes or BMW of game consoles.

Lol. You can't say not to get a console just because it came out in 2005, it's still an amazing console with the best online I've seen, then again it's the only one I have seen, but it's impressive! I would recommend it even though I don't want it myself. I'll just have to wait and see how good the online for Wii and PS3 will be.

Back