If PS3 is supposed to be so powerful then why does....

BrandonMcAuslan said:
Well when I want to move about 2 cups of virtual water, or fill a bath up with virtual ducks I will buy a PS3. Until then I'll play computer games on the other consoles...

Also the European PS3 does not have a backward compatibility as the PS2 chip was removed - PS1/2 games will be run via an emulator instead. Plus we get to pay more for our consoles

Final point saying the PS3 will sell 12 million in the time of the xbox based on initial sales is nuts. Consoles sales generally slow down over time. A lot of units above the norm will have been sold at launch - and over the first few months. In time after all the fanboys have bought their units it will be up to the general (non hardcore gaming) public to purchase PS3s. It might happen - but I won't be putting any money down on that bet...

Dont you have the 1.80 firmware update, play every Ps2 and Ps1 game in full HD with a great smoothing option too, and im from Europe, allows me to play every Ps2 and Ps1 game a kept over the years.

What the funhouse, every thread ends up like this. Its SO annoying, everyone just flaming at each other just because they said something about the ps3 or wii. Just watch, slowly this thread will have nothing related to the original post and instead it will be filled with "your gay" "PS3 SUX" "WII IS FOR NOOBS" posts.
I think of it this way. PS3 owners and people who like it post here. Who drew first blood? A Nintendo fanboy who hasnt even played any PS games.

Final point saying the PS3 will sell 12 million in the time of the xbox based on initial sales is nuts. Consoles sales generally slow down over time. A lot of units above the norm will have been sold at launch - and over the first few months. In time after all the fanboys have bought their units it will be up to the general (non hardcore gaming) public to purchase PS3s. It might happen - but I won't be putting any money down on that bet...
Weird. All the fanboys bought their PS2's and here we are 7 years later and its still selling by the tens of thousands. I bet you wouldnt have put money down on that bet either cause the media was saying how poor it was, but then again your more of a follower anyways.

Yeh, the Wii doesnt lag.....have you played Blazing Angels? as soon as more than 4 planes appear on the screen the Wii starts lagging because it cant process all of the information coming at it, so it lags, looks like your playing the game in slow motion!
My Wii can lag like crazy at times. Im lust hoping they dont over do it with MP3. "Where did that third Space Pirate come from? Oh no, lag!... ACK!"

Anyone dumb enough to buy blazing angels deserves lag....
And there is no way in hell MP3 will suffer from something that stupid. Nintendo's flagship titles are always top quality.

Also the PS2 sold well because it was relatively cheap. Compared with PS3 - I got one at Launch for £340 - top package deal with 4 games extra controller, memory card, DVD etc. PS3 with no games = £400+.

If you've seen Tony Hawk, or Spider Man 3 for the PS3, 360, and even Wii then you know what chuggage is. There are developers that outsource and cheap out on production. The result is a crappy game. You can't make a processor powerful enough to compensate for cheap labor. I hope this forces the cheap companies to hire talented people. It's a massive problem in the game industry, and it needs to go away, or they need to lower the prices of these awful games. Pimp My Ride is a $15 game at best. $50 is an insult.

sagema said:
If you've seen Tony Hawk, or Spider Man 3 for the PS3, 360, and even Wii then you know what chuggage is. There are developers that outsource and cheap out on production. The result is a crappy game. You can't make a processor powerful enough to compensate for cheap labor. I hope this forces the cheap companies to hire talented people. It's a massive problem in the game industry, and it needs to go away, or they need to lower the prices of these awful games. Pimp My Ride is a $15 game at best. $50 is an insult.

Lol haven;t play any except the Wii but that Game Sucks!! The textures dissapear at about 200 feet.
I agree with you though , Games like SPiderman 3 are just to make a quick buck and are put into production as soon as possible. The Code lines are written poorly and end up being very slow.

fatalorgasm92 said:
Lol haven;t play any except the Wii but that Game Sucks!! The textures dissapear at about 200 feet.
I agree with you though , Games like SPiderman 3 are just to make a quick buck and are put into production as soon as possible. The Code lines are written poorly and end up being very slow.

Aye thats one the of the problems with movie franchise games. They rely on the name to sell rather than offer great gameplay. I think Lord of the Rings, return of the king was one of the few exceptions that i can remember. Franchises are a tricky thing. Companies use the name to sell rather than quality and game play. When developers and publishers know they can get away with selling based off the name, the effort usually put into the game is lowered.

Another Exception would be quite a few of the star wars games.. Jedi knights.. KOTR, Super star wars series, and Battlefront were all really good

But then again thats the only movie exception i can think of

Has anybody played Shadow of the Colossus? I played through it about a month ago it was great, definitely a breath of fresh air. Hope the devs leave it alone..

BrandonMcAuslan said:
Anyone dumb enough to buy blazing angels deserves lag....
And there is no way in hell MP3 will suffer from something that stupid. Nintendo's flagship titles are always top quality.

Also the PS2 sold well because it was relatively cheap. Compared with PS3 - I got one at Launch for £340 - top package deal with 4 games extra controller, memory card, DVD etc. PS3 with no games = £400+.

Im not saying it was a bad game, one of the few games for my wii that i actually played for more than 10 hours. Was really good, i enjoy flying games, but was let down by it contantly lagging.

GamerCon said:
The last time i checked, PS3 doesnt even compare to Wii. Wii is less then half the price, yea PS3 will never sell as much as the Wii mainly cause when the PS3 is $400, the Wii will be $99.

Bottom line, the PS3 is outselling the 360. I can promise you if the PS3 was $250, Nintendo would be out of business.

OH YEAH AND...
I only heard 2 commercials for HD-DVD movies compared to the 30 i saw for Blu-Ray.

look at the charts. the 360 is still beating the ps3 based on monthly ratings.

and even if the wii and the ps3 were the same price. consumers would buy the one they wanted most. it isnt all based on price. if consumers didn't want the wii, they wouldnt pay the 250 dollars to buy it.

face the facts. ps3 is losing, live with it.

XwiimasturX said:
look at the charts. the 360 is still beating the ps3 based on monthly ratings.

and even if the wii and the ps3 were the same price. consumers would buy the one they wanted most. it isnt all based on price. if consumers didn't want the wii, they wouldnt pay the 250 dollars to buy it.

face the facts. ps3 is losing, live with it.

A quick,simple, logical Mathematical equation shows PS3 is doing equally as good or better than 360.

If they were all out for the 2 years 360 has been and still same amount of sales
PS3 would be 10-15 million
Wii would be 25-30 million
360 of course is still 10 million

The 360s launch is over and most people that want one have one, yes they are still being sold but any spikes are done. The PS3 doesnt have any of its
Big games out yet. A spike will probably occur either during a price drop or when a Few big games are released. The Wii is just cheap so it is going very fast. The market is big. People on eBay especially. But for anyone who wants one and including parents who don;t wanna fork out the money for a 360 or PS3. Saying the PS3 isnt selling well is idiotic. And At least 70% of them arent being returned because they are made so poorly.

Well... Goin back to the very first post in this thread..

About PS3 Hiccuping..
I have noticed this happen a couple times. in places such as starting a race on Motorstorm or something similar.. Other then that has been fine.

Other comments.. Never had lagg Playing online with any console..
I guess depends what kinda connection you have.

Off topic:

Let me say this. The threads in this section are much better. Thanks to everyone contributing to it with game updates and news.

On topic:

I havent played Wii online yet but i have a felling since my DS disconnects after a few minutes, the Wii might have the same problem. I havent had lag online with Xbox live, which is a good thing. No lag with PS3, cant wait to see what game does.

GamerCon said:
Off topic:

Let me say this. The threads in this section are much better. Thanks to everyone contributing to it with game updates and news.

On topic:

I havent played Wii online yet but i have a felling since my DS disconnects after a few minutes, the Wii might have the same problem. I havent had lag online with Xbox live, which is a good thing. No lag with PS3, cant wait to see what game does.

hopefully the wii wont have that same issue your DS had with online...
anyone in UK with strikers like to comment on online?

Well.. Strikers feels like playing against a CPU thingy... nothing special about it really, does lag sometimes with people with bad connections, but I haven't played that many people with lag. But it isn't impressive really...

Back