X reasons to buy Wii than PS3

vagrant said:
Actually no, that post was made in mistake forgetting that it would just go to a red light. This being because i haven't had my wii for over a month now.

And I wasn't trying to cover anything up. The whole thing was me just building it up, making you try to explain yourself, so I could just ultimately make your point null with a simple phrase. That being that you don't need to leave the wii plugged in. Because, you don't How can you make a justification that the wii will use more electricity than the 360 because the wii uses like 8 more watts of electricity when on standby. When you don't need to leave the consoles on standby.

And to correct you once again, my posts didn't get ill-informed and childish until around the 1,200 mark.

I'm sorry you came to a nintendo forum and it wasn't all fairies and fantasy like you had imagined.

somebody needs their own show...:cornut:

vagrant said:
Actually no, that post was made in mistake forgetting that it would just go to a red light. This being because i haven't had my wii for over a month now.

And I wasn't trying to cover anything up. The whole thing was me just building it up, making you try to explain yourself, so I could just ultimately make your point null with a simple phrase. That being that you don't need to leave the wii plugged in. Because, you don't How can you make a justification that the wii will use more electricity than the 360 because the wii uses like 8 more watts of electricity when on standby. When you don't need to leave the consoles on standby.

And to correct you once again, my posts didn't get ill-informed and childish until around the 1,200 mark.

I'm sorry you came to a nintendo forum and it wasn't all fairies and fantasy like you had imagined.

Haha owned.

But realistically 5w, 10w, 15w who cares its only 7.5cents per kw/h where I live. Its not that hard to unplug the damn thing either. I'm willing to bet that that xbox360 eats plenty more power during a hardcore gaming session than your Wii ever will ANYWAY. So he who moans about the Wii's power usage when not actually in use should maybe CONSIDER that their Xbox360s and PS3's use a HELL of a lot more power than the Wii ever will.

Think about it realistically if the Wii eats 10w of power every hour its in standby and you multiply that by a month you get 300w, multiply that by a year you get 3600w. So about 25 cents where I live. Since we don't know ACTUAL power supply specs one could assume that the Wii uses at the most 250 watts of power during a game session and the PS3 and xbox360 use well over 350 at the least during a nice session, thus nullifying any point about the Wii using a small amount of wattage being plugged in and/or on standby.

This is simple to figure out. My notebook PC uses 300w max at any given time during 100% load and my main pc uses around 550w at any given time during 100% load and upto 600w [that my PSU can handle continuously]. Wii know the Wii is much less powerful than the other 2 consoles therefore we can safely assume it uses much less power to do what it does. Know one has any actual proof of this but anyone that knows anything about power usage and thermals of electronic devices can roughly figure this out. The power the Wii uses on standby doesn't even compare to what the xbox360 or PS3 use under full load compared to the full load usage of the Wii.

I strongly advise people to really think about what they are saying before posting and NOT thinking about other aspects of their opinions as this is what causes a flame. Use intelligence, be kind, be nice, respect others and yada yada yada.

My analogy or statements may be flawed and im more than willing to hear the flaws and debate them. But unless you have REAL proof of your statements [anyone that wants to start something] then you are not necessarily right and should be open for debate and criticism.

rockkybox said:
oh cheers for that, but again, because you've embarrassed yourself, this is the only way you can try and cover it up, shall i get a quote from you from earlier in this thread?

'It takes like 15 seconds to turn off wiiconnect25, and that is all you have to do to prevent it from going to standby'

So are you backtracking now? Was that a typo? did you write 'turn off wiiconnect25' by mistake instead of 'unplug it'?

I hope that all other 1,800 posts arent as ill-informed and childish, here's an idea for the new year, why don't you halve the amount of posts you make (trust me no-one will mind) but make them all intelligent?

I guess im not the only one who noticed.

Back