my opinion of the PS3

asdfnick said:
im just going to post one last post on here, and it wont relate to what sovieto or wetoyou have to say, because all they are trying to do is prove their points.

My opinionof the playstation 3 is that it is an overpriced machine that tries to push current gen hardware too far. They should have made it on par with the 360, making the blu ray player optional, and had a lower price tag. You really dont need all that space on a game, unless the whole game is a cinematic, or 200 hours long.

alright, for the moment i agree with you

unbiased opinion, haha cant give one of those with this name.

The construction kit to build a ps3 costs around $50,000. Sony is barely making any money, if any off the ps3. Why would they do this?

a major company like sony would not make something that consumers dont want.

the whole reason they used blu ray was because they were looking to the future. just think how great games will be when sony harnesses the full power of blu ray. Not only will it blow 360 out of the water, it will raise demand like crazy, in turn keeping prices high which is when sony will make money.

ALSO...WII IS AWSOME...wii makes anygame fun..i would never look twice at rayman on anyother system. and for being a kiddy system. LOOK AT MANHUNT TWO..you actually make the movements to slit throats!!! ****

360 is just the middle/safe system to get...better gfx that prev. gen. but not overdoing it. same gameplay style. overall safe..still using dvd's also which greatly limits it.

when game developers release epic games such as final fantasy for ps3, mgs 4, ect...(i know its on 360 too)...ppl will want the ps3...

no offense and im not racist i just couldn't think of a name off hand, but when i think of XBOX i think of black people playing NBA LIVE.

if by some miracle sony got HALO, which will never happen so long as microsoft makes gaming systems, what would XBOX honestly have? sports games and nonexclusives.

"a major company like sony would not make something that consumers dont want."

That explains why the PS3 has literally flown off the shelves. selling 4+ million units since launch (4 months) - and meeting great public and critical acclaim across the board.

... Oh wait thats the wii!?

Lol I read the post above you Axtlar and I literally just chocked on Orange Juice...lol! Basically the PS3 is a piece of sh*t. Its got a bunch of random dumas features that I've already got at home that I don't NEED. Added to the fact that there are NO games worth getting a boner over besides Final Fantasy 13 I don't see the point in even getting the cheaper model. I already have a DVD Player. I already have a music player...its called my iPod and it works just fine for me. At home I've got a nice system with decent speakers...once again those suit me just well. And last but not least I've got a computer and a laptop w/ Internet connection. They're both in excellent condition and can download anything I want. The PS3 is just the gateway SkyNet been looking for ever since the ***** came into existence and when all the PS3's start a revolution and kil ltheir owners by 2010 (Assuming Sony is still around by then) I'll laugh ridiculously. The Wii is not just for kids and anyone with a quarter of brain in good function can see that.

Last edited:
HAHAHA, yeah but instead of Arnold Shwartzenegger, the saviour will be the Wii, obliterating the PS3 in every way..I agree with your post entirely, the Wii is not only for kids, it's for everyone and there will be good mature games coming soon..but the PS3 is really a joke, even the game developers are having change of opinions about it by making exclusive games for it also for the Xbox 360, hahaha...I'm gonna watch the "PS3 song" video in youtube again, it's hilarious.

Agreed...Nintendo right now is trying to get more mature games coming on the wii, a good example of this would be manhunt 2.

yeah and alot more to come
exclusives: No More Heroes, Godfather Blackhand Edition, Disaster Day of Crisis, Project H.A.M.M.E.R, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Thorn, Midnight, Sadness, Raid Over the River; all of those and more for this year and I didn't even list the non-exclusives, nor the non-mature games, this is gonna be without a doubt the best year as of yet for any Wii owner...Wii is the champion, my friends.

Axtlar said:
yeah and alot more to come
exclusives: No More Heroes, Godfather Blackhand Edition, Disaster Day of Crisis, Project H.A.M.M.E.R, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Thorn, Midnight, Sadness, Raid Over the River; all of those and more for this year and I didn't even list the non-exclusives, nor the non-mature games, this is gonna be without a doubt the best year as of yet for any Wii owner...Wii is the champion, my friends.
Godfather is just a port with some extras added in..(i think? either that or its the same game with different title)
Raid Over a River, i believe i created a thread announcing this title and its also coming out on the DS

The main difference between Godfather on the Wii and the others I think is the controls. I was actually interested in the controls. You can use the Wii to grab and punch someone, push someone (out of a window or off a building), or run and gun. With the Wiimote, you can shoot arms and legs to exhort money out of people (more easily? Perhaps more debatable).

The PS3 is a fine and dandy machine. However, the price kills it. If the price stays high, Sony will have to be content eating crumbs left by Microsoft and Nintendo. Sony thinks that having the technologically advanced console will keep it on top. Yet, it ignores history that repeatedly showed that is seldom the case.

man no more heroes will pwn...i loved killer 7 and im awaiting patiently for this game to come out :smilewinkgrin:

Yeah me too..there's also another Suda51 (creator of Killer 7 and No More Heroes) project coming after No More Heroes and it will surely be mature and awesome also

While we digress from the topic, I would just like to add that Suda is making a game for the 360. Suda has no current plans to develop any games for the PS3.

Back