my opinion of the PS3

like stated in my second post, i said that you guys would argue that the ps3 doesnt suck like there is no tomorrow.
like stated in my second post, i said that you guys would argue that the ps3 dose suck like there is no tomorrow

Well to be honest I dont see one game on the PS3 that I want yet, Lair looks good but not not worth buying a system for it. But Im a gamer at heart and the PS3 is no gaming system its a Blue Ray Player that happens to play games. Thats not what I want, I want games to come before hardware, the Wii does this pretty well, the 360 is still too based on its hardware. I really Wish Sega made another system, the Dreamcast was a great system but failed becuase of the Sony fanboys.

Sony don't really give a monkeys about their "fans"...

The PS3 is just Sony's way of trying to get Blu-ray to be the next format for home media. Thats why they are making a loss on the PS3. Blu-ray.

Sony took the gamble that everyone with a PS2 would want a PS3 no matter what the cost. All the old PS2 owners I knew now play 360 or/and wii.

Establishing Blu-ray in the home media market is worth more to Sony than the PS3 in the gaming market.

At least with the 360 its your choice to buy the HD-DVD player.

im just going to post one last post on here, and it wont relate to what sovieto or wetoyou have to say, because all they are trying to do is prove their points.

My opinionof the playstation 3 is that it is an overpriced machine that tries to push current gen hardware too far. They should have made it on par with the 360, making the blu ray player optional, and had a lower price tag. You really dont need all that space on a game, unless the whole game is a cinematic, or 200 hours long.

Having not tried the PS3 yet, I'm not sure I'm entirely qualified to give an objective opinion of it, but I'll give it a shot: I don't think Sony have tried hard enough. Everything about it reminds me of the Sega Saturn (ironically beaten by the original Playstation)- it's overpriced, there's very few exclusive "killer apps", and there's not a lot of difference between it and the competition. Sony needs to sort out these problems, or the PS3 will suffer the same fate the Saturn did.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Your friends are smart. The wii is directed at kids. Just look at the games. If you can comprehend that, then you have some problems.

In case you haven't noticed, your Wiichat alias is NOT making you any less of a fanboy. There are lots of great non-kiddy games in the Wii's future, just like there are lots of great games in the PS3's future.

Ruman said:
In case you haven't noticed, your Wiichat alias is NOT making you any less of a fanboy. There are lots of great non-kiddy games in the Wii's future, just like there are lots of great games in the PS3's future.
Exactly. There's Manhunt 2, Driver, Sadness, Umbrella Chronicles, The Godfather, Scarface, Mortal Kombat Armageddon, No More Heroes that are really quite high-profile, and what about the ones we haven't heard about yet?.
Then there's tonnes of titles that are more "teen" like (rather than kiddy). Seriously, until we get Dora the Explorer on the Wii, there's nothing to wory about!

Also, most people mistake "mature" for gratuitous violence and gore (also a little sexual innuendo). That really isn't mature. It's 18+. Fact of the matter is, is that people believe that Nintendo is kiddie because some of their most popular titles are kid-friendly. That doesn't mean however, that they are all about catering for the child, and not to the adult. They're about - and have always been about catering for everyone. It's the equivolent of saying that adults cannot enjoy Wallace and Gromit because Gromit doesn't take a chainsaw to Wallaces head, or that Shrek cannot be enjoyed by adults because you don't see the princess' knickers. - Some things are meant for everybody.

Also:Capcom does M rated games for the Wii

Ruman said:

Sure there will be a few great non kiddy games, but the questions is... Will the controller ruin the gameplay? imo the answer is yes. Zelda was not that good. If it had a normal remote I would enjoy it alot more. The only games that benefit the remote are games like wii sports. The other games are interactive, but it gets old really quick. cod & redsteel were some of the worst games ive played on the wii. The controller ruined it completely.

Since everyone is throwing out an opinion I will do mine as well. Imo I think the wii is not an advancement in technology. I think they put the gamecube into a new case, and slapped on some 10 year old technology to the remote. I think the wii will have great success, but I think adults will grow tired of it and the kids will continue to love it. All the games are following in the same footsteps as the gamecube. Gamecube had a select few good games, with a bunch of crappy kids games. The wii is defintely here to stay. I think it will sell over 10 million by next november pretty easily. In the long run I dont think it will sell like the ps2 did. The ps2 did well because its took years to harness the power to its full potential. The games and the graphics got better as time went on. Devs will hit that with the wii in less than a year very easily.

I think the ps3 will have great success since technology is always advancing. The ps3 only has 1 good game out, but will soon change in less than a month. Im looking forward to motorstorm and lair. Theres a couple others, but those are ports from the 360. Europe has a strong demand for the ps3 so that will really help with sales. The ps3 is here to stay, and so is bluray. I suggest that if anyone has an hd dvd player you should sell it asap. If you look at the facts you will obviously see that it has no chance in hell.

lol those 'facts' are based on ps3's being used as blu ray players... sony is just shovin it up anyones ass, who in the hell wants to spend $1000/$600 for a blu ray player when you can get and HD-DVD player for $200/$500?

There's no comparison, I mean how could you compare swinging a sword with the wii remote like a real life event compared to pressing " X " constantly.

Now I know a lot of you are going to say previous consoles have always been like that, but Nintendo made a change whereas PS3 didn't. This is why it amuses me when a shop sign for the PS3 says " A whole new way to play "

Wii&Ps3 said:
If you look at the facts you will obviously see that it has no chance in hell.
We've already established that you know nothing about what "facts" are.

Next time you give an opinion, try not to refer to "facts" that you've not actually given. And by facts, I mean a statement that is undeniably true, and that doesn't rely on any assumptions (say for example, that the PS3 sells because of it's Blu-ray: the assumption. Not everybody has a phone to play mp3 files on. Likewise, not everybody who bought a PS2, brought it for the DVD player).

sigh....is it just me or are these threads getting a tad repetitive and very boring!

please whos gives a **** what you think of the console

buy what YOU like and dont slag off other ones because it doesnt have better graphics or gameplay

thank you

asdfnick said:
im just going to post one last post on here, and it wont relate to what sovieto or wetoyou have to say, because all they are trying to do is prove their points.

My opinionof the playstation 3 is that it is an overpriced machine that tries to push current gen hardware too far. They should have made it on par with the 360, making the blu ray player optional, and had a lower price tag. You really dont need all that space on a game, unless the whole game is a cinematic, or 200 hours long.

I have to agree with you, I love the PS3, I will be getting one, but I do think they tried a bit too hard with it, therefore it is too expensive. However, I will still be buying it.

Back