If PS3 is supposed to be so powerful then why does....

i could care less about graphics.. I like the interaction... i find it more amusing then sitting down holding a controller... I was saying my source was true I was asking. relax! I like the 360... and spending 600 on a system..lol... like my dad... u men!!!! got love em.

With publicity like this, im surprised the Wii hasnt sold more.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5GFInOEhyg[/media]

You women!

Shiftfallout said:
...And I look like this every day.
orgazmo03ir2.jpg

But seriously, your source of information is as real as michael jackson's detatchable nose. The PS3 plays PS and PS2 games, WHILE upgrading their quality to look 10 x better. This also works for DVD movies. The wii is an old 700mhz system with a nifty controller. There is not enough processing power to really do amazing things with that wiimote. The 360 is also very limited, it has a good GPU but a GPU is restricted on what it can do by the rest of the system. DVD, CPU, CONTROLLER.... the 360 is like a big dog leashed. It might bark a lot but it cant really go anywhere.

ROFL Choda Boy!!!! "ill find a way to break free! A33 F@$K Twins"
great movie...

yeah i heard they fixed the software to play ps-2 games?
an i thought it was the UK version that was limited?

I can't recall the names of the games I played. They were typically racing games that I played at a sony convention and at various gaming stores etc. Everytime I played the PS3 there was an annoying lag and it took a long time to load. And like I said the games didn't look or feel impressive. I was disappointed. I'm not a nintendo fanboy in the least.I was excited about the PS3 and wanted to see what it can do and I'm disappointed, especially for the price.

If Sony proves that the PS3 is really as powerful as they say sometime in the future and come out with some great games.....and drop the price...I may consider buying one.

The 360 doesnt load much faster, if at all.

I think Resistance shows how powerful the PS3 is. Load times are about the same as Gears and Resistance has more to load. I was very impressed with Resistance as a launch title. Graphicly it was on par with new 360 titles. Also the distructable walls made it a lot more movement then just hiding. I personally think its way better then Gears.

I dont know, i havent seen any Southpark episodes about the PS3.

You guys have to realize, that Shiftallout was actually involved in the creation of the PS3 from its conception.

Bottom line, the PS3 is being outsold 5 to 1 . All the arguing in the world wont change that fact.

OH YEAH AND...
Paramount Pictures, Universal Pictures, New Line Cinema, and Warner Bros. Studios all released commitments to support the HD DVD format, BUT NOT BLU-RAY !!

Being that you live in Hollywood and have all those awesome connections to B and C list moviestars, you should use some of your pull to change this Shiftallout.

Last edited:
The last time i checked, PS3 doesnt even compare to Wii. Wii is less then half the price, yea PS3 will never sell as much as the Wii mainly cause when the PS3 is $400, the Wii will be $99.

Bottom line, the PS3 is outselling the 360. I can promise you if the PS3 was $250, Nintendo would be out of business.

OH YEAH AND...
I only heard 2 commercials for HD-DVD movies compared to the 30 i saw for Blu-Ray.

Gamercon, commercials dont matter.

Did you hear what i said ?

It isnt being picked up by the BIGGEST STUDIOS IN HOLLYWOOD thats what matters !!

Commercials dont mean crap.

How do you deffend that ?

Sony is the biggest in the film industry. It has a lot of big companies backing it too, more then HD-dvd has.

Mr.Selfdestruct said:
Gamercon, commercials dont matter.

Did you hear what i said ?

It isnt being picked up by the BIGGEST STUDIOS IN HOLLYWOOD thats what matters !!

Commercials dont mean crap.

How do you deffend that ?

are you %^$&ing retarded? I work in damn film industry kid, and let me tell you right now. Most of the studios are with Blue-ray. GENIUS. You dont know jack, so shut up. Trying using facts, when you lie you just make yourself sound stupid.

See there you go resorting to your Bull **** !!

Funny you didnt back any of your statements up with FACTS you little ***** !

Ya, im gonna believe some douche bag nerd on a forum over actual FACTS backed up by ACTUAL investigation !!

Lets all just take your worthless word for it. Why dont you back your claims up ?

Earlier this year, at January's CES conference, competing format HD DVD--championed by the DVD Forum, Toshiba, and Warner Bros., among others--announced studio support from Paramount Pictures, Universal Pictures, and Warner Bros. (including the company's HBO Home Video and New Line Cinema units). Together, they announced plans to release nearly 100 specific titles on HD DVD. Warner's various divisions, for example, plan to release more than 50 films, among them The Matrix and the Harry Potter series; Universal's listings included The Bourne Supremacy, Van Helsing, and Waterworld.

Shiftallout, working for craft services, hardly means you work in the movie industry. You just keep making sandwiches and do what you do best.

I love how you pretend your some kind of a Hollywood big shot, your just a wannabee actor/waitress, in essence, your a pimple on hollywoods ass, your a dime a dozen, you have no connections to anything.

Last edited:
Well, does it really matter, as early adoption of either media format is pretty retarded at this point, either choice could leave you with an expensive brick, especially with the sales of both formats barely being a drop in the ocean of dvd sales. As well as considering that the average consumer really won't care about the improved MORE REAL THAN REAL LIFE quality.

You must be PMSing or something.

Anyways, heres the link for Sony pictures.http://www.sonypictures.com/

Did you know Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune were a part of Sony? Well thats just all the things Sony owns, they even bought MGM Studios for $5 billion. That being just one of the film companies. Heres the fact since you get really butt hurt without it. http://www.indiewire.com/biz/biz_050411mgm.html

Sony has a lot of power, specially in the film biz.

Might want to change your tampon, Mrs. Selfdestruct.

seriously. Selfdestruct, you really are a moron. You dont offer facts when you make claims, why should I constantly send you to sources you should have researched yourself before sounding like a idiot.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/More-and-More-Studios-Are-Joining-Blu-ray-6473.shtml
also from the offial site
"Apple Computer, Inc.
Dell Inc.
Hewlett Packard Company
Hitachi, Ltd.
LG Electronics Inc.
Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
Pioneer Corporation
Royal Philips Electronics
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Sharp Corporation
Sony Corporation
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
TDK Corporation
Thomson Multimedia
Twentieth Century Fox
Walt Disney Pictures
Warner Bros. Entertainment"

Disney and Sony own more than one movie studio. And quite honestly, I dont care if you dont believe me or not, I wouldnt expect a sad detarded kid to. I never said i was big, but I do enjoy working in film. I dont have to explain what I do to you kid, but at least I have a nice life. Unlike you.

YOUR SOURCES ARE WRONG !

Ya like i said horse ****. Warner bros, is not ensorsing Blu-ray, there standing behind HD-DVD and so is Paramount Pictures, Universal Pictures, and Warner Bros. (including the company's HBO Home Video and New Line Cinema units). SOME OF THE LARGEST STUDIOS IN F'ng AMERICA !!

So ya BULLSHIT !! as usual from you.

I dont care what sony owns, these companies i mentioned arent owned by TOSHIBA !! Yet they still stand behind the technology.

Ya, im sure your lifes great. I own tons of toys, 04 Kawasaki 250 dirt bike, 05 Hyabusa with lots of mods, i own a 19 foot bayliner boat, and a Drag car (91 Ford Mustang Hatchback, 10.50 1/4 mile) and i own my own large 4 bedroom home, not to mention my daily driver 05 Trailblazer SS.

Ya, my life sucks.

But man, to be able to live in the fakest city in the world, and rub elbows with the likes of FABIO and douchebags like yourself, man i guess i am missing alot.

BTW, the fact that you try to rub your pathetic life in peoples faces, yet you dont have the nuts to tell people what you do for a living "In the film industry" only proves that your so low on the foodchain you would be laughed off of the website.

I can prove my yearly income, and i can prove what i do for a living (Self Employed Private Process Server for the state) I can also post pictures of each of these items i mentioned with me giving you the finger, yet I bet you cant and or refuse to Biaaaach.

Back