If PS3 is supposed to be so powerful then why does....

WiiMii22 said:
Wii is better, so is the 360... sony sux now.. they're screwing every1 over... I hear you can't even play the original PS and PS2 games on it... that's a rip-off.

Are you Retarded? Wii plays all gamecube games and PS3 plays all PS2 and PS1 games except a few( which isnt to say much as this means it plays nearly 8,000 games) The 360 Doesnt even play half the xbox 1 games and You have to download for EVERY game. Not to mention the lag. I mean how powerful is the conolse??? it lags on old games???? Pop in a copy of Halo 1 into your 360 and try to stand playing that. Oh Yeah and the PS3 upscales older PS2 and PS1 games to 1080p.

Onto the thread topic. PS3 doesnt lag. Wii does sometimes, but from my experience only in 3rd and 2nd party games. The 360 lags all the time. the PS3 doesnt have what you call mind blowing games, but the Devs dont know how to make them yet. The only HD game Dev experince they have is with the 360 so of course they dont look much better right now. Not to mention alot of titles for PS3 are ports at the moment. You obviously havent played many if any PS3 games on a HDTV and wheres this lag?? some proof would be nice

Mr.Selfdestruct said:
YOUR SOURCES ARE WRONG !

Ya like i said horse ****. Warner bros, is not ensorsing Blu-ray, there standing behind HD-DVD and so is Paramount Pictures, Universal Pictures, and Warner Bros. (including the company's HBO Home Video and New Line Cinema units). SOME OF THE LARGEST STUDIOS IN F'ng AMERICA !!

So ya BULLSHIT !! as usual from you.

I dont care what sony owns, these companies i mentioned arent owned by TOSHIBA !! Yet they still stand behind the technology.

Ya, im sure your lifes great. I own tons of toys, 04 Kawasaki 250 dirt bike, 05 Hyabusa with lots of mods, i own a 19 foot bayliner boat, and a Drag car (91 Ford Mustang Hatchback, 10.50 1/4 mile) and i own my own large 4 bedroom home, not to mention my daily driver 05 Trailblazer SS.

Ya, my life sucks.

But man, to be able to live in the fakest city in the world, and rub elbows with the likes of FABIO and douchebags like yourself, man i guess i am missing alot.

BTW, the fact that you try to rub your pathetic life in peoples faces, yet you dont have the nuts to tell people what you do for a living "In the film industry" only proves that your so low on the foodchain you would be laughed off of the website.

I can prove my yearly income, and i can prove what i do for a living (Self Employed Private Process Server for the state) I can also post pictures of each of these items i mentioned with me giving you the finger, yet I bet you cant and or refuse to Biaaaach.

All i have to say is your a ****ing Dick. None of what you said served any purpose except showing how much of an asshole you are.You arent proving anything by saying you have this and that and work here or there. Nobody is impressed by you trying to show off. You havent sited your references and have no idea what your talking about. Honestly how often do you see a commercial " on DVD and HD-DVD" you dont, its DVD or Blu-Ray or UMD.wow look at that list... Harry ****ing potter.... The matrix trilogy..... Have you ever seen matrix 2 or 3????? There terrible. I dont think harry potter will compete with a movie that just made 142 million in 2 days. And if shiftfallout works on film, Hollywood "big" or not who the **** cares. You think your beter than everyone else because you have a couple ****ing bikes and whatever bullshit. Anybody who works on any video anything and gets payed qualifies for Working on film independant or not who cares. You're A comeplete dick and you're not gonna get any backing around here with that attitude.

Woooah. Everybody just needs to calm down about this whole next gen system and hd vs. blue ray flame.

Blue ray is something we will see in the future for sure. I don't know much at all about it nor do I know much about Hd. The bottom line is...both are great technological advances and look much better than regular movies and tv shows.

The PS3 is a great system, just like the Wii and the Xbox 360. All are competing, whether Nintendo likes it or not. The PS3 is obviously more advanced than those two systems. The 360 is more advanced than Wii. From my own opinion...Nintendo has more focus on gameplay. Nintendo really should step up a bit by adding dvd playback. But thats all I would care about. Sony is definitely more in tact with the media ballfield for sure. Xbox...I don't know how to comment on that...

Mr.Selfdestruct said:
I dont know, i havent seen any Southpark episodes about the PS3.

You guys have to realize, that Shiftallout was actually involved in the creation of the PS3 from its conception.

Bottom line, the PS3 is being outsold 5 to 1 . All the arguing in the world wont change that fact.

OH YEAH AND...
Paramount Pictures, Universal Pictures, New Line Cinema, and Warner Bros. Studios all released commitments to support the HD DVD format, BUT NOT BLU-RAY !!

Being that you live in Hollywood and have all those awesome connections to B and C list moviestars, you should use some of your pull to change this Shiftallout.

Lets see what you know about math.
ok lets see....
We have Wii and PS3 lets just say 6 months
and 360 at lest say 2 years now
ok So Wii and PS3 at 1/4 of the 360s lifetime.
Wii= about 7 Million units
Xbox 360= about 10 million units
Playstation 3= About 3 million units

So Wii is obviously dominating with if an equal time to Xbox 360 would be somewhere between 28 and 30 million

An equivalant time period for PS3 would equal between 10 and 12 million.

Of course all I did for that equation was Multiply Sales of consoles at the moment times 4 because the time period is around 1/4. Of course Wii is dominating Sales wise and PS3 and the Xbox 360 are about the same.

So to say the PS3 is outsold 5 to 1 is ridiculous. Im not arguing i am stating a mathematical Fact and that does change what you just said. 5 to 1 would have to mean that Wii is at 35 million and Xbox 360 is at 50 million. Before you blankly state idiotic things such as that Think about it. It also has to be considered that since PS3 and Wii just released they havent slowed in purchasing very much. The Xbox 360 has been out quite a while and many people that want one already have theres. So the market for that is a little slower.

Right now the Xbox 360 is powerwise maxed out and it looks like the Earlier released Microsoft system that seemed to dominate a year ago is now slowly heading downhill.Also Exclusive wise the 360 doesnt have much coming and I dont see why somebody would spend 60$ and risk getting there new game scratched or wanna play it at a low Framerate.
Alot of people feel I hate 360 by seeing what I write on other threads.
Most simply put I am defending the New 2 consoles. Theres alot of Hate going out to the PS3 but noone seems to have any actualy reasons to dislike, except maybe insecurity and being uncomfortable that they made a bad decision on a console purchase. I dont have to defend Wii much because I mean hey we are on Wii chat. But Think about what you are saying before you try to prove a console is inferior.

Lol, i think we should all just ignore Self destruct, he's clearly a stuck up drama queen, wow you own some Motor Bikes, woopta ****ing do, and you own a drag car, what a load of bullshit, incidently, just reminds me about what comes out of your mouth 99.9% of the time. The Ps3 is selling terrificanty, and i belive the Wii is selling great at the moment, i just have a feeling that will fade very rapidly, even though i like the wii and i own one. Ps3 is overall a better console than either of its other competitors, but it's pricks like you self destruct that are in to much indenial to accept it. Also if you have all the items you clame, why the **** would you be on Wii chat arguing with teenagers, honestly.

AND GAMERCON, MY NAMES BRIAN, NOT BRAIN! LOL You've called me Brain twice now lol=p

Im just doing that line in Family Guy when Brian went to the dog show and the anouncer said "Up next, Brain Griffin." Brians like "Well, we're off to a good start."

So no links to your proof Mr. Selfdestruct? What film company does Sony not own thats bigger then them?

GamerCon said:
I havent had any lag either. My 360 lags constantly though, the Wii does as well. Either Brain is right and you are just full of it or your probably a really slow blinker. Either way, the PS3 wont lag, at least not mine. Plus Littlebigplanet can have an infinite number of things on screen so that would be a good way to see what the PS3's lag point is, if it has one.

As far as this, "I have a PC so i dont need PS3" **** goes, it also applies to the Wii which my 2002 laptop out preforms. I dont need a high end PC to beat that piece of **** hardware. Ill just get a $500 comp with blue tooth and a Wii emulator, now i have a Wii plus all the console classics i want. The Wii is donkey **** to a PC.

Fanboyism at its best.

I dont believe the Ps3 lags, but niether does my friends Xbox360 (except on an older game he has) and my Wii does not lag except on shitty Farcry.

What the funhouse, every thread ends up like this. Its SO annoying, everyone just flaming at each other just because they said something about the ps3 or wii. Just watch, slowly this thread will have nothing related to the original post and instead it will be filled with "your gay" "PS3 SUX" "WII IS FOR NOOBS" posts.

yeah.........

Wel if people would leave things go it wouldnt be so damn bored, but the majority of people are more concerned with winning the arguement than keeping peace...

I think the PS3 section should have its name changed to "The Shift and co Arguing Head Quarters".

[/Prepares to get quoted and told off even though he wont be replying in the thread again]

[/could be lies]

Shiftfallout said:
Thats funny, because I can clearly see what it does and can do right out of the box. Open System is all I have to say. Like the PSP the ps3 is a mod box. Linux, mods, using other devices such as the wiimote on the ps3. The psp is an indication of how open the ps3 is, combine the two and you are set. This is what I see immediately out of the box, and have seen first hand. Sure we also have videos, videos of cards being read by a camera and translated on screen, we have seen a developer pick up two virtual cups in side the ps3 and move them with his hands, picking up water and using physics to splash it over the place. We have been able to use the free online service, which kicks ass right now. I have played resistance online and I have to tell you its very very very good. Theres a lot you refuse to see or understand.

PCs will always blow away consoles, but when you consider what consoles can do nowadays, you have to be impressed.

So its funny that you pass your judgement when you are unsure of where the system stands and what it will be capable of with the games on the horizon. Theres a reason games like FF and MGS4 can only be played on the PS3. Like Kojima said, no other console can run his game. The PS3 is the movie theater in terms of capabilities where as the 360 is like a small dvd. The 360 is good, but it also has a big flaw as well.

Well when I want to move about 2 cups of virtual water, or fill a bath up with virtual ducks I will buy a PS3. Until then I'll play computer games on the other consoles...

Also the European PS3 does not have a backward compatibility as the PS2 chip was removed - PS1/2 games will be run via an emulator instead. Plus we get to pay more for our consoles

Final point saying the PS3 will sell 12 million in the time of the xbox based on initial sales is nuts. Consoles sales generally slow down over time. A lot of units above the norm will have been sold at launch - and over the first few months. In time after all the fanboys have bought their units it will be up to the general (non hardcore gaming) public to purchase PS3s. It might happen - but I won't be putting any money down on that bet...

Last edited:
PtonJalken said:
Fanboyism at its best.

I dont believe the Ps3 lags, but niether does my friends Xbox360 (except on an older game he has) and my Wii does not lag except on shitty Farcry.

Yeh, the Wii doesnt lag.....have you played Blazing Angels? as soon as more than 4 planes appear on the screen the Wii starts lagging because it cant process all of the information coming at it, so it lags, looks like your playing the game in slow motion!

Back