Im gonna laugh..

PtonJalken

Ptowwnaagee!
Dec 25, 2006
Canada
Wii Online Code
7740-5070-1158-5119
Nvm. Deleted

(or just discuss Sony's Motion Sensor/Rumble Deletion bluh bluh.)

c0bf7b969af1100e7ba3165lf5.jpg

^good pic tho^ lol

Last edited:
PtonJalken said:
I know that. But it isnt using any of its capabilities at the moment. Except for like one game (Warhawk i think its called). And the Motion sensors arent as in depth as the Wiimote is.

the motion sensors work exactly the same as the wiimotes.....

Well if so, then the post is more towards the excelled use in games then it is the modification of the hardware. I ment more as in the software then the hardware.

Edited. Delete thread.

Last edited:
Doesn't that Lair game use the motion sensing also?

And I think you have the wii's pointing and it's motion sensing confused.

The motion sensors and the pointing are two different things. Sony has said nothing of making a motion sensitive pointing device.

Not sure of the Lair game, havnt even come across it :/

But maybe i do have them confused. It be kinda hard to have the SIXAXIS as a pointer eh? :p

The PS3 controller does not work the same as the Wiimote. The wiimote uses a combination of 3D triangulation and accelerometers to track both position and acceleration in 3-Dimensional space. Whereas Sixaxis only has a gyroscope to track tilt. Not motion, not location, tilt. You can point and laugh at it now.

They would of been better off with rumble. lol

Sony can't use rumble, they were sued over something stupid a few years back and basically lost the right to use rumble in their controllers.

oh? i thought it was due to them adding last minute motion sensors and the rumbling would of affected/damaged it. Oo

Why cant they use Rumble while Microsoft/Nintendo can?

Gymdawg said:
The PS3 controller does not work the same as the Wiimote. The wiimote uses a combination of 3D triangulation and accelerometers to track both position and acceleration in 3-Dimensional space. Whereas Sixaxis only has a gyroscope to track tilt. Not motion, not location, tilt. You can point and laugh at it now.

That's because it isn't a pointing device, and because of it's design. I mean you can't really use a playstation controller as a baseball bat.

vagrant said:
That's because it isn't a pointing device, and because of it's design. I mean you can't really use a playstation controller as a baseball bat.

well you could.... :p

vagrant said:
Is it just me or did you contradict yourself? :idea:

Homesrfan said:
Is it just me or did you contradict yourself? :idea:

No, because the "Tilt" is motion sensing. It just doesn't recognize all the motions a wiimote does. This is because of the reason I stated before. The ps3 controller would not work with it's design in the way a wiimote does. It can't be held multiple ways.

but yes as far as how they use motion sensors, they work the same, one just not as versatile.

Back