PS3 and Wii Controller information you should know.

Do any of you know how old the motion technology is? I thought it was recent technology, but i keep seeing people say its old technology. Did Nintendo have that technology since Duck Hunt on NES with the gun? Was the NES gun ever used for any other games? If motion technology really is old technology I kind of feel let down.

The PS3 controller motion sensitivity doesn't even come near to the wii remote.
How are you going to be able to use the PS3 controller?

As a steering wheel? Its shaped totally stupid for that - I'd rather buy a real wheel.
The shape of the PS3 controller doesn't lend itself to even a fraction of what the wii remote is capable of.

The PS3 controller sucking majorly is one of the big factors in me getting an 360 over a PS3

Shiftfallout said:
Wiimote:
Imagine being in a pitch black room, and someone accross from you lights a glowstick. The glow stick represents the wiimote, and you, the viewer are the wii sensor bar. You watch and register as the remote is moved up and down, closer and farther. You can map the movement based on what you see.

Sixaxis:
Now imagine you are in a box, much like an elevator. You close your eyes. The box/elevator thing moves up and down. You cant see the movement, but you can feel it. Then it goes left and right, you feel the movement. If the box goes up fast, you feel more pressure, if it goes up slow, you feel less pressure. If it tilts you feel the box tilt.

The neon stick is the wiimote. The elevator box is the PS3 sixaxis. They both approach motion sensing in different ways, each one has its strengths and weakenesses. Its clear they are not the same, but can achieve similar results.

good analogy eh? =) thats exactly how it works too.

That must be the best thing ive heard from you. Good Examples.

But dont forget the wiimote just doesnt use the sensor bar, the sensor bar is mainly for the pointer. Alot of it is just by the excelleration of the controller to whatever direction (not sure what its called). Alot of games can be played without the sensor bar.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
The PS3 controller motion sensitivity doesn't even come near to the wii remote.
How are you going to be able to use the PS3 controller?

As a steering wheel? Its shaped totally stupid for that - I'd rather buy a real wheel.
The shape of the PS3 controller doesn't lend itself to even a fraction of what the wii remote is capable of.

The PS3 controller sucking majorly is one of the big factors in me getting an 360 over a PS3

control.jpg

PS3 Controller..

xbox_360_controller.png

360 Controller..

WOW! i've never noticed SO MUCH DIFFERENCE!!! :yikes:

I mean, they switched the dpad with one of the joysticks, made the design fatter and more gumby!! ZoMG!!@ I'm totally gona play my 360 more than my PS3 now!!! /sarcasm..:eek:ut:

Back